Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf coverage/commentator discussion thread!! Mod note #12

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hopefully the coverage improves over the weekend. I've no interest in watching a broadcast that's essentially CNN news with a few golf shots thrown in.

Also, what's the obsession with discussing golfer's kids/whether they've recently had a kid/whether they're about to have a kid. I can't think of another sport where it's fixated upon anywhere near as much. I couldn't tell you how many kids Kevin de Bruyne or Novak Djokovic or Lewis Hamilton has, mainly because it's rightly never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Trampas

Some of the questions felt like Scottie knocked the person down. How many times have the general public driven by a fatal accident and carry on their day like nothing happened. It’s like sky and golfers have to mourn a death. If this accident happened 10 miles away nothing be made of it or person had a heart attack at home. Just because it happened outside the gate and involved a volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Not just golf I've listened to increasing amounts in these recent woke years in other sports on various networks drowning their broadcasts about newborn babies, engagement rings, weddings… yeah congrats and all that on your private life but I tuned in to watch the action FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Was watching the golf on sky. Was missing so much golf there with their chats and then catch up. Switched on CBS, it's like night and day. The Americans actually make it exciting and not missing any leaders shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Theres no woke going on with sky or they wouldn't be praising DeChambeau and everybody else from that tour.

Advertisement