Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you lost your temper?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Used to regularly lose my temper. For example people I know eating loudly, smacking their lips etc (people I didn't know didn't bother me for some reason) used to just set me off and I'd have to leave the room to punch something repeatedly, usually a pillow or bed.

Doesn't really happen anymore after I punched the bed after conceding a goal in Fifa and smashed the screen of a laptop underneath the cover. Last time I lost it I think I banged my head off a shelf and flew into blind rage for about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Lost it with a mate a few weeks when we were drunk and he was acting the bolox, nearly came to blows.
    Other than when I'm drunk, I'm so mellow I make a stoned Bob Marley look like the Incredible Hulk.

People are complex and are not all good or all bad.

I'm sorry you experienced all of that. Your last sentence I'd spot on and something I think which often gets forgotten. In my situation I couldn't handle intense emotions, I was all over the place and flew off the handle easily. The dynamic which existed between the other person and myself was unhealthy and frustrating. Of course it was me who I was hurting the most. I remember being held while I screamed in fear and grief.

I hope the person you know has figured themselves out a bit and I hope you protect yourself emotionally from them x

Advertisement