Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you lost your temper?

Options
  • 25-03-2017 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Had an incident today. :o

Was lifting wood into the boot of my car with my brother.

He didn't want to help me at all, he was being real pissy about it.

The incident occurred when he dropped a log up against my motor and scratched my paintwork. A careless sloppy action.

I saw red and cursed him out of it. I used terrible phrases like "you stupid fcking cnut" and "useless bastard".

I've calmed down now and feel bad about the incident. He left after I got thick and now won't answer my calls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That's losing your temper? Oh boy.
    A few years ago I put the handle of a garden spade in through my brothers windscreen, that's losing my temper.

I lost my temper a couple of times as a teenager, but it's not something that would have been obvious to anyone else. I get irritated at times but losing the rag is something I don't really do. When I have lost my temper I can be sharp enough verbally, but I'd never get physical with anyone or any thing.

I lose regard for people who regularly lose control, I expect adults to be able to moderate their words and actions under stress, at a bare minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You live in the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

begbysback wrote: »
    You live in the woods?

In the country, woods nearby.

We use firewood for heating the stove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I have a ferocious temper and a vicious tongue when riled which I've been working on for years now, slow progress but progress none the less .......... I've thankfully gotten the violent aspect of my temper completely almost completely under control though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

In the country, woods nearby.

We use firewood for heating the stove.

Text him, tell him youre sorry

You do have a mobile phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I don't really lose my temper. It takes an awful lot to rile me up. I get a bit angry, then very angry, then I just start crying.

Terrifies the men folk so it does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't recall ever actually losing my temper with anybody.

I'll have to ponder that one for the night and see if I can remember anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH A PERSONAL QUESTION!

A few weeks I'd say, I've gotten it mostly under control these days.

There's nothing worse than when you're drunk and lose it.

I've done things that I wouldn't even confess to a Priest on my deathbed while under the influence of alcohol.

I have a tendency to bottle up issues instead of expressing them there and then. What happens then is that I explode. Usually occurs when I meet the person who has upset at a later date in a drinking situation.

An awful problem to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Closest I've got this week was making a wanker sign at a motorist when I was out for a run.

Pretty mild really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

This morning when I got into my car and sat on an expensive pair of sunglasses which I had stupidly left on my seat yesterday.

I don't really lose my temper. It takes an awful lot to rile me up. I get a bit angry, then very angry, then I just start crying.

Terrifies the men folk so it does :)

Women crying during an argument/disagreement really flares my temper even more so .......... I just think it's pathetic, if you can't argue you're point without turning into a blubbering mess then stop biting off more than you can chew ........ I've often said to my wife (during a heated discussion) "just because you're crying doesn't make you any less wrong!".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

2004 I think. I'm generally either mellow or just push the anger down, far as it can go.

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Women crying during an argument/disagreement really flares my temper even more so .......... I just think it's pathetic, if you can't argue you're point without turning into a blubbering mess then stop biting off more than you can chew ........ I've often said to my wife (during a heated discussion) "just because you're crying doesn't make you any less wrong!".

Happens a lot with me and my partner. Always when she's in the wrong.

If you can't win the argument just break down and cry and make the man feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

We had gotten a takeaway and the eldest two kept sniping at each other as per usual. I repeatedly asked them to stop as my food was going down in lumps, couldn't enjoy it at all. They carried on so I picked up my box of fish and chips and fired it across the room. They looked shocked momentarily, and then carried on arguing. Meanwhile I had lost my dinner, and had to clean it up while shaking with rage. Not one of my finest moments !

Happens a lot with me and my partner. Always when she's in the wrong.

If you can't win the argument just break down and cry and make the man feel bad.

That's what angers me even more, this pathetic attempt to make me feel bad because you're in the wrong .......... it doesn't work though, I don't feel bad.

Having said that, my wife is one of the few people in my life that have a calming effect on me ......... we'd very rarely ever argue.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I used to be calm and unflappable but since about a year ago I live in a state of permanent seething rage which unfortunately bubbles over too often into incandescent fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Picked a hot pan out of the oven once forgetting the tea towel. Holy **** balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I used to be calm and unflappable but since about a year ago I live in a state of permanent seething rage which unfortunately bubbles over too often into incandescent fury.

What happened?
    I used to have a very bad temper as a teenager but I've learned how to control it , I'm very cool now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That's what angers me even more, this pathetic attempt to make me feel bad because you're in the wrong .......... it doesn't work though, I don't feel bad.

Having said that, my wife is one of the few people in my life that have a calming effect on me ......... we'd very rarely ever argue.

Maybe she's crying wondering what on earth she's ended up in a relationship with

vicwatson wrote: »
    Picked a hot pan out of the oven once forgetting the tea towel. Holy **** balls

I have oven tray scars on both arms.

It actually is a third degree burn. All layers of the epidermis are harmed beyond repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Did I read that right? OP lifting wood with his brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I have oven tray scars on both arms.

It actually is a third degree burn. All layers of the epidermis are harmed beyond repair.

Took two firepeople to angle grind the bastardin pan off me hand

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

To my shame, I lose my temper far too often.

I regret losing my temper at home especially when I present my best side to others that I shouldn't care one jot about.

I'm working on this and will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Candie wrote: »
    , I expect adults to be able to moderate their words and actions under stress, at a bare minimum.

Most people get angry from time to time, some quietly others like a volcano, it doesn't make them bad people they just express themselves different. You sound like the kind of person who would judge others for the everyday normal emotion of anger, I cant stand people like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What happened?
    I used to have a very bad temper as a teenager but I've learned how to control it , I'm very cool now.

Bit of a Falling Down moment. Just had it with accepting ****ty situations with unreasonable demands and it spiralled from there. If I could pass any bit of advice on to my kids it would be to put yourself first sometimes and speak up when things are not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ah I don't do it on purpose! I can more than hold my own in an argument, but the way some people can't control their anger I can't control crying. Even if I'm 100% in the right I'll get to a certain point of anger or frustration and then BOOM....crying like a youngwan at her debs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

See I'm one of these people who, like a previous poster, gets angry and then get so I angry I cry, mainly out of frustration, and it's something I actively try to suppress but if I'm angry it just happens and then I feel so stupid and betrayed by my own body for crying when all I want to do is sound rational and make a valid point! And then the person I'm arguing with thinks it's a guilt trip and that frustrates me more so I cry more! It's awful!!

Advertisement