Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Phoenix: return of the notions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

After the first half bottle of any beer, my taste buds go numb and the rest of the bottle tastes duller.

Is there something wrong with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

valoren wrote: »
    In a restaurant one evening, a middle aged couple, were drinking some white wine.
    The guy calls over the teenage waitress and tells her that "something is amiss with my wine".
    She asks what exactly is wrong.

"I like a Pinot and it usually dances on my palate but this one does not."

Poor waitress was like "................."

Dances. On. My. Palate.

Some people are just **** OP, you just have to laugh at them.

Waitress : " I'll dance on your fuppin palate "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

women buying pints? This isn't roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I don't drink Heineken normally, but I went out on the pish Christmas 12 months ago on it. Looked lovely at the time - pints of ice cool Heineken Extra Cold from a frozen beer tap, beer glasses coming out of the freezer. But the next morning, my god. I thought I was going to die. Never again.

The whole chemical argument may have some merit but in my opinion it's he alcohol that causes the hangover and drinking 12 pints of anything will have you dying the next day. I hadn't to listen to that sh*te in Germany "oh our beers are so pure you don't get a hangover" etc etc, wasn't much benefit when I was gawking my ring up in broad daylight near the Rosenthalerplatz,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Hangovers are caused by dehydration caused by consuming alcohol, the chemical thing, like the 'dodgy pizza made me sick' is a myth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

seachto7 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried Heineken in Holland? Or other lagers on the continent? Then you will know that Heino and Bud here truly do taste like pi55. You can taste the chemicals off it... Muck.

I have, I've taken the Heineken tour in Amsterdam and all :p I always order local beers when abroad and I enjoy them. I'm partial craft beers here at home too sometimes. Just saying it doesn't bother me to have a cold pint of mainstream stuff if that's all what's on offer. Also, how do so many people here know what p*ss tastes like?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

snowflaker wrote: »
    Hangovers are caused by dehydration caused by consuming alcohol, the chemical thing, like the 'dodgy pizza made me sick' is a myth

But of a myth that actually, and in the case of beer, your actually retaining more water than you're passing.

https://chronicleflask.com/2015/08/29/does-drinking-alcohol-actually-cause-dehydration/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

FTA69 wrote: »
    The whole chemical argument may have some merit but in my opinion it's he alcohol that causes the hangover and drinking 12 pints of anything will have you dying the next day. I hadn't to listen to that sh*te in Germany "oh our beers are so pure you don't get a hangover" etc etc, wasn't much benefit when I was gawking my ring up in broad daylight near the Rosenthalerplatz,

Well, yes that's true. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

Omackeral wrote: »
    I always get a laugh at the people who say ''Heineken tastes like p*ss, Budweiser tastes like p*ss.'' You must be drinking some amount of urine to know that. I'd take a cold Heineken not a problem if it's going and I'd wager most beer drinkers would too. You can enjoy more refined beers without needing to dump all over mainstream ones while you're at it, it's ok like.

I'm not a beer drinker but based on my OH's drinking habits, I'd agree. He likes to try craft beers but is also very happy supping a cold Carlsberg or Heineken. He doesn't really like Bud or Miller that much but yeah, if he was offered one of these in someone's house, he happily drink them. People do exaggerate a bit, I think. I mean, these mass-produced beers might not be as flavoursome but I'm sure they are grand all the same if you like beer.

I just don't like the taste of any beer I've ever tried from mainstream to craft. But as an analogy, fresh-squeezed orange juice is the best and I love it, but I will find pretty any kind of orange juice perfectly palatable, even the own brand, from concentrate ones. They're not as flavoursome but they are not by any stretch hideous, sometimes just a bit light on flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

FTA69 wrote: »

Absolutely. Gee, you were hungover after drinking 12 pints, no shit! :D

No matter what I drink, if I drink a lot of it, I'll be hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I've seen in the Porterhouse a few times where someone would ask to sample an unfamiliar beer before ordering. I wouldn't see it as a problem unless they were taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

razorblunt wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but going to New Zealand for a Vitamin H is false economy.

celtic tiger phoenix and all that

Advertisement