Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US-led Coalition airstrike kills more than 30 civilians near Raqqa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Raqqa is a war zone. It's a tragedy civilians get killed but that's the reality of things unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Raqqa is a war zone. It's a tragedy civilians get killed but that's the reality of things unfortunately.

It is a tragedy. Raqqa is a war zone because it has been made a war zone.
    I'm just weary of the crazy-making distinction that is being forced into people heads between slaughter by terrorist munitions and slaughter by state-sponsored ''freedom''-munitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

America has a long track record of killing civilians or friendlies.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/us-airstrikes-kill-18-people-western-raqqa-activists/
    The above is a different 18 people from the others mentioned...also killed over the weekend by US airstrikes, also civilians.

Edit : 116 civilians have been recorded to be killed by US strikes in Syria since March 8th. Did anyone tell us that?

biko wrote: »
    America has a long track record of killing civilians or friendlies.

How do they maintain their respectability?
    Why do we still fawn there?

Is it really all money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Is it bad that I stopped caring about what happens in Syria a long time ago. There is only so much sad/bad news I can read in certain period of time before I just stop caring about what happens over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It's very inconvenient for America that their oil runs under Syrian land.

Say what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

How do they maintain their respectability?
    Why do we still fawn there?

Is it really all money?

Who's fawning over the US? I'm certainly not and I think most rational minded people have copped onto them at this stage. I think the EU should have been distancing themselves from their war mongering antics a long time ago.

Instead we get an influx of millions of migrants into the EU because of US destabilisation and illegal interference in the middle east.

Is it bad that I stopped caring about what happens in Syria a long time ago. There is only so much sad/bad news I can read in certain period of time before I just stop caring about what happens over there.

It's natural. I get fatigued too. Then there are some stories that feel sharper. Like Danielle in Goa, or kids sheltering in a school being blown to bits.

Anyways sorry to be a Debbie Downer :( I'm just fecked off with it today.

Say what now?

Oh, come on. Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Might have something to do with a story from the same source claiming a mosque had been destroyed by airstrikes during the week , proven to be a bs story

"An informed source " according to Sputnik news comical

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Who's fawning over the US? I'm certainly not and I think most rational minded people have copped onto them at this stage. I think the EU should have been distancing themselves from their war mongering antics a long time ago.

Instead we get an influx of millions of migrants into the EU because of US destabilisation.

This gob****e is....
    2017_3$LargePhoto17_Mar_2017_17032017102212.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-airstrike-idUSKBN16T0RV

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/22/19/14/air-strike-kills-more-than-30-near-raqqa

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201703221051833367-us-coalition-syria-school-strike-casualties/

Hardly a peep about it on the main news outlets. It's very inconvenient for America that their oil runs under Syrian land. Imagine if the Syrian air force had out of a clear blue sky murdered children in an American school - imagine how stoked up we would all be made to feel, sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for Armageddon.
    This is another terrible slaughter. Makes me angry. I'm weary of the exceptional Empire squeezing the world in the palm of its hands.

You'd wonder how someone in their bedroom in Coventry seems to be the only person reporting this tragedy and all of the news sources take it at face value.

Gatling wrote: »
    Might have something to do with a story from the same source claiming a mosque had been destroyed by airstrikes during the week , proven to be a bs story

Oh Gatling, Gatling....sigh
    Sorry but it's coming out now more generally. It's not a ''bs story''

Oh Gatling, Gatling....sigh
    Sorry but it's coming out now more generally. It's not a ''bs story''

Lol yep don't believe everything you happen to read from" An informed source "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oh, come on. Seriously?

seriously.

how is American oil flowing under syria? is there like some super secret American tunnel or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-airstrike-idUSKBN16T0RV

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/22/19/14/air-strike-kills-more-than-30-near-raqqa

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201703221051833367-us-coalition-syria-school-strike-casualties/

Hardly a peep about it on the main news outlets. It's very inconvenient for America that their oil runs under Syrian land. Imagine if the Syrian air force had out of a clear blue sky murdered children in an American school - imagine how stoked up we would all be made to feel, sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for Armageddon.
    This is another terrible slaughter. Makes me angry. I'm weary of the exceptional Empire squeezing the world in the palm of its hands.

Hardly "hardly a peep" when our own national broadcaster has been reporting it along with your own quoted source of Reuters - one of the worlds largest press agencies.

Why are you singling out the US from the other countries of the coalition? To be balanced don't you think that other countries of the coalition should be named?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

A US-led coalition is a bit vague as well. Which plane dropped the bomb(s) ? American, French, Belgian, Saudi,... ?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hardly "hardly a peep" when our own national broadcaster has been reporting it along with your own quoted source of Reuters - one of the worlds largest press agencies.

Why are you singling out the US from the other countries of the coalition? To be balanced don't you think that other countries of the coalition should be named?

It happened Monday. RTE and BBC are playing a very Johnny come lately game of catch up. Yes, there are other countries. Why, we might even be refuelling the bastards in Shannon for all we know

seriously.

how is American oil flowing under syria? is there like some super secret American tunnel or something?

They wish.

• Advertisement

A US-led coalition is a bit vague as well. Which plane dropped the bomb(s) ? American, French, Belgian, Saudi,... ?

Does it make a difference? It is internationally recognised in the main stream press and in geo-political centres as the ''US-Led Coalition'' because ...er.....it is a US led Coalition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

OldGoat wrote: »

Because he doesnt actually know much about the Syrian conflict. Never mind the internal and external factors and regional actors which dictate the crisis.

It's easier to just blame 'Merica'....as if the US was the only issue in the region.

Does it make a difference? It is internationally recognised in the main stream press and in geo-political centres as the ''US-Led Coalition'' because ...er.....it is a US led Coalition

Of course it does. If you're gonna bash the US but don't know if it was even an American plane that is responsible then I think that's pretty important.

Because he doesnt actually know much about the Syrian conflict. Never mind the internal and external factors and regional actors which dictate the crisis.

It's easier to just blame 'Merica'....as if the US was the only issue in the region.

I am not a he. And I know A LOT about the Syrian Conflict, Senorita. You used the word 'Merica' not I, silly billy. I posted an OP that states that the US coalition has slaughtered civilians in Raqqa. Which it has, and repeatedly, in the hundreds it may eventually be shown, and in the tens of thousands it may be found when the dust has settled. Just like Iraq. Or Afghanistan. And you want to dismiss me as some kind of ill-informed conspiracy theorist. You misjudge me.

Of course it does. If you're gonna bash the US but don't know if it was even an American plane that is responsible then I think that's pretty important.

Bringing a story to your attention about civilian slaughter by the US coalition (as quoted per Reuters and now BBC etc) is ''bashing'' the US? Okay, I'll inform the press to keep it on the QT for fear of offending.

Bringing a story to your attention about civilian slaughter by the US coalition (as quoted per Reuters and now BBC etc) is ''bashing'' the US? Okay, I'll inform the press to keep it on the QT for fear of offending.
    I'm weary of the exceptional Empire squeezing the world in the palm of its hands.

It's more your language.

Do you know which country's airforce is responsible yet ?

Bringing a story to your attention about civilian slaughter by the US coalition

But you or others don't actually know that civilians are getting slaughtered funny how isis fighters are on site

It's more your language.

Do you know which country's airforce is responsible yet ?

I would have to ask an official spokesperson for the US Led Coalition, as that is how they operate. They have a joint press spokesperson. No statement has been issued thus far as to which exact flag was on the planes. When the official spokesperson from the US led Coalition gives an update - which is more likely now that the news is out, and they will be forced to account for themselves - then you, Jelle, will be the first i will inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I am not a he. And I know A LOT about the Syrian Conflict, Senorita. You used the word 'Merica' not I, silly billy. I posted an OP that states that the US coalition has slaughtered civilians in Raqqa. Which it has, and repeatedly, in the hundreds it may eventually be shown, and in the tens of thousands it may be found when the dust has settled. Just like Iraq. Or Afghanistan. And you want to dismiss me as some kind of ill-informed conspiracy theorist. You misjudge me.
    The first thing you did in the OP was to quote facts. I like facts.
    However you then went on to editorialise with an Anti-American theme. It was then that I quibbled with your post.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

I would have to ask an official spokesperson for the US Led Coalition, as that is how they operate. They have a joint press spokesperson. No statement has been issued thus far as to which exact flag was on the planes. When the official spokesperson from the US led Coalition gives an update - which is more likely now that the news is out, and they will be forced to account for themselves - then you, Jelle, will be the first i will inform.

Thanks.

Advertisement