Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite social games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Have you seen the Countries of the World quiz on Jetpunk?

I have not, I'll check it out now though.

It's very close to sporcle, I like the countries being coloured when guessed, but the tables make it too easy to fill in the gaps as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Chess

Defiantly but after some crippling defeats I tend to reside in a poorly lit room reading books written by unpronounceable Russians so maybe not the most social of games. Or maybe thats just me......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tetris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I find a game of 'Are ya there Moriarty?' is a splendid way to pass a Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Monopoly, cluedo, guess who FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Does anyone remember Mafia Wars? Quite intense game popular around 2007-2009 before it faded into obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I am quite aware. I didn't specifically say what type of social games I meant. I did mean ANY social games.

Facebook games are probably the least social games since you usually play them by yourself. I've played football and darts and stuff like that in real life. They're fairly social so do they count?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Facebook games are probably the least social games since you usually play them by yourself. I've played football and darts and stuff like that in real life. They're fairly social so do they count?

Yes they do count after all you're competing with others and it's a game.... so social game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

annascott wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Mafia Wars? Quite intense game popular around 2007-2009 before it faded into obscurity.

I most certainly do. After they got rid of Las Vegas in it, I did not like the game from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Werewolf on Boards is super addictive. There is a forum games forum and a game runs once a month. It's absolutely brilliant Craic. http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1763

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Expected this to be about games like charades and stuff where you interact with actual people.

The word "social" has taken on a whole new meaning these days.

Me too.

Social media games would have been more apt.

Love charades :D

Holds up four fingers. Holds up one finger. Taps two fingers on wrist. Tugs ear lobe. Cups left hand and puts right hand beside it, holding thumb and forefinger of right hand together, before drawing them away from left hand, then swinging left arm in an arch, uncupping left hand. Crouches and sticks fingers in ears. Stands up and throws arms wide apart. Looks optimistically at the blank faces of the audience. Shakes head. Taps one finger against wrist. Tugs earlobe. Places both hands in front of himself, each loosely cupped, in a ten to two position about a foot apart. Moves right hand briefly to the centre of this imaginary clock and presses twice. Looks around, moves shoulders a little, takes a couple of steps forward. Taps two fingers on wrist. Stretches out one arm, puts other hand at the elbow and pushes thumb against middle of index and middle fingers. Bends over and looks up behind him expectantly. Stands up, takes a couple of steps back and pulls down pants. Holding erection in left hand, holds right hand aloft with thumb and forefinger pressed together and raises his eyebrows. Shuffles forward and bends over, looks up behind him and shakes his head. Stands up, shuffles backward, shrugs, flicks thumb and forefinger of right hand. Places hands on hips and begins thrusting. Pulls up pants, draws finger across throat, and collapses on floor.

I have work to do so can't finish the rest - over to you, whoops.
    And can we have a Charades AH Beers?

Advertisement