Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Prepaid Sim-Spain-€15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

loopymum wrote: »
    If I ordered today, would I have it tomorrow?

I'd say 5 working days at a minumum, they are located on Channel Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Would those Three UK data sims work in a phone or just a tablet or dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

nikkibikki wrote: »

They work in a phone too but are data only, there will be no call/text functionality.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm using one in my phone right now. But as Atlantic Dawn says data only.

Though FYI your phone does need to be unlocked so it can take a SIM from any network.

Having said that whatsapp, facebook messenger, Skype, etc. continue to work great on it.

What I do when travelling is I also take an old phone with me and put my Irish SIM in the old phone so I can still get calls and texts to my Irish number and then use this data sim in my usual phone.

Of course some phones support dual sims, which would make this unnecessary.

Thanks guys. I actually contacted Three UK on live chat and they said they aren't compatible but I thought they might be! I have the unlock code for my phone thanks to 3's price increase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks guys. I actually contacted Three UK on live chat and they said they aren't compatible but I thought they might be! I have the unlock code for my phone thanks to 3's price increase!
    Just to avoid confusion, they are compatible, you just can't use it for regular calls and texts. These days, it's hardly the end of the world with the plethora of options available to users. Data will be fine, so Viber calls & texts, skype, Whatsapp, mesengers etc; will all function. Adequate for the most part I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

In an unlocked phone, the 3UK data sims 'work' alright here - you just have to remember that if you're not actually in the UK, you're roaming (ROI or Spain or wherever) and will likely find that your data access is considerably slower. I cannot stream anything at all for the most part - it's ok for very basic surfing, whatsapp etc

The sims will not work at all in a phone locked to 3 Ireland - I suspect that's what 3UK meant in saying they weren't compatible. Nor can you tether with them here, unless used in a mifi gadget. In general, I find that the 3 network near me is abysmal but it's handy for me as I'm frequently over and back to NI. I found it very poor in Spain - a local sim is the best answer there.

RoYoBo wrote:
    The sims will not work at all in a phone locked to 3 Ireland - I suspect that's what 3UK meant in saying they weren't compatible. Nor can you tether with them here, unless used in a mifi gadget. In general, I find that the 3 network near me is abysmal but it's handy for me as I'm frequently over and back to NI. I found it very poor in Spain - a local sim is the best answer there.

I didn't mention anything about an Irish phone, just asked if they'd work in a phone. I'd say they just wanted me to spend more money on another product!

Don't think I'll chance a weak signal so and get the local sim. Thanks.

Advertisement