Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best android phone on market

Options
  • 18-03-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Hi

I might be changing my phone shortly.

I have only ever had 2 smartphones - galaxy s2 and now the S5.

Both have been great phones.

I think the S8 might be out shortly so thinking of getting that.

Opinions on whether I should stick or look at other brands.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have a One plus 3.

The One plus 3T is a better upgraded model of the 3.

Great battery, fast charging, Ok camera, good screen, Fast and no lag, Always gets updated, Cheap at 440 euros sim free, Takes 2 sim cards if you need that.

Might be a China phone more or less but in my old job i had a iPhone 7 plus i hated the thing compare to the one plus 3 if that gives you a idea

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Might be a China phone more or less but in my old job i had a iPhone 7 plus i hated the thing compare to the one plus 3 if that gives you a idea

Apt username ;)

But yeah OP if your looking for the best bang for your buck look at big name phones from China -Xiaomi, OnePlus, Huawei etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hi

I might be changing my phone shortly.

I have only ever had 2 smartphones - galaxy s2 and now the S5.

Both have been great phones.

I think the S8 might be out shortly so thinking of getting that.

Opinions on whether I should stick or look at other brands.

Thanks

With so many good phones on the market you will get a multitude of different opinions,its all subjective.for what its worth i have the oppo r7 plus and couldnt fault it.theres the new nokia 6,due out next month i think, that you could consider.tbh theres a lot of really decent phones available that are way cheaper than the likes of the s8. Have a google around and see what suits your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Couldnt recommend the Pixel any higher
    Beast of a phone, excellent battery, camera amazing,pricey but if your planning on getting two years out of a device which you use every day it pays for its self

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pixel is expensive for what it is personally but if I had no budget and just had to pick one phone it'd most likely be that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Galaxy s7 has pretty much everything you could want in a phone. I went from an s7 to a one plus 3T and it's a good phone but I miss the s7 camera, wireless charging and smaller size. I might actually go back to an S7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Galaxy S8 will be out soon. If it doesnt explodes it will probably end up as one of the best phone and of course its going to be expensive.

Using 3T and happy with it, well worth the money and definately recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, I'm the same fence, came from a Nexus 5 to a Smart Ultra 6 (needed something cheap last year - but it's served me well..)

Getting a bonus next week in the pay check so hoping to treat myself to something new..torn between the Pixel, Op3t or an S7 Edge, or to wait for an S8...I haven't had a galaxy since an S3 back in the day, so might be no harm to try them again, even if a little pricey...

Too many choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I also had an S2 and S5. I now have the OP3T and love it but would recommend against buying it if a noticeable drop in photo quality would bother you. Particularly if you usually take pics of kids of other constantly moving targets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Waiting for first user reviews for the Huawei P10. Only review I have heard rates the camera as the best ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Do people find the S7 Edge too big?
    I usually carry the phone in my front jeans pocket.
    I would always have a protective case on the phone so that adds to the bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

3T with an Otterbox is probably bulkier than the S7 Edge and whatever case you choose and I have no problem carrying it in jeans or slim fitting chinos. I was worried about going from the S5 to it size wise but its been fine. I don't think I'd go back to 5 inch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Pixel.

Can't get it in Ireland though, so you'd need to go up North to CPW for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

To me there are too many factors in what constitutes the best phone, I've been tempted to start a thread on this because it's been bothering me lately, even while a general consensus across android media would be the pixel, it doesn't have an sd card slot and to me the external design is fugly and the price a bit much.

It always comes down to price vs specs vs what you really need in a phone.

3T would be a great shout but there's a lot been commented on the camera not being great! You can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Give me a phone with fast proccessor,plenty of storage,excellent battery life and not larger than 5.1/5.2 screen and I'd be interested. I take no photos on my phones so camera isnt an issue.
    Have S6 and looking to change soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I have been holding out for S8 but don't think I'll want it with Edge only available.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

jacksie66 wrote: »
    LG g6 is gonna be savage..

I'm an LG fan, had a Nexus 5 and now LG G4. Was really looking forward to upgrading to the G6 this year but the specs are no where near the market leaders.

Lower ram, slower processor, front camera worst than G4, rear camera same as G5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

HI, I have an s6 edge plus for the last year and a half. I keep it in my right jean pocket face in to my leg , no screen protector. nothing else goes into the pocket with the phone and it has no scratches and it is in great condition. I have a spigen case on it which has great corner protection. Overall very happy with my phone .

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Patww79 wrote: »

Ah my bad, looks like the wide angle did get a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,862 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have been holding out for S8 but don't think I'll want it with Edge only available.

I would only want an Edge version, same for most people as I believe the S7 Edge outsold the boring one by some margin, hence there only being an Edge version this time.

S7 Edge would be the best current Android phone. The S8 will soon change that.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I would only want an Edge version, same for most people as I believe the S7 Edge outsold the boring one by some margin, hence there only being an Edge version this time.

S7 Edge would be the best current Android phone. The S8 will soon change that.

I used S7 Edge for a few months and hated it.Just not for me.So not pushed on the S8 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Is the Sony Xz the latest and current Sony model available or is there newer model due out in 2017?

Patww79 wrote: »

What is out in Autumn?New Pixel ?

• Advertisement

Right now the best Android phone on the market in Ireland is the S7.

It has the best overall feature set, almost every other phone will have some clear weakness.

Advertisement