Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Box

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

I bought a twin ram 7ft nugent 6or 7 years ago. It did take few months to arrive as it was a twin ram. ,rams on the nugent are small compared to other makes and the extra ram spreads the stresses better and gives more breakout force.

That said i wouldnt be waiting 2 years for it. Next in line would have been a woods power box. They have a very good rep and are built strong.

I would avoid the fleming as they seem to have gone light in the last 10 years. Putting the nugent next to a fleming, the nugent is definately built heavier and braced better too.

The paint on the modern flemings is quite poor too. A neighbour has a fleming and a lot of paint has come off it.

I also remember a thread on farming forum where fleming asked for feedback for their website, and what they got was a load of complaints about poor paint amongst others .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

Thanks for all of the comments. I bought a woods on Thursday. Should be delivered next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭hopeso

A fine box, with a great tipping angle... Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I’m in the market for a new transport box. Had a Gibney and have years done with it. Any recommendations? My co op has Fleming boxes but don’t know if they have the reputation that they used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭hopeso

Is it just a standard transport box? A lot of the co ops seem to stock Fleming. I haven't examined one close up, but I imagine they'd be middle of the road. I think Watson would probably be a good quality box....

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Yeah what we had was just the standard kind but I suppose if buying new I should get a link box with the ram. Be a lot handier for tipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Itryhard

Power box is in a different league to link box

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I have a Mchale here bought it secondhand at end of the noughties.

Often when farmers are on about this piece of equipment being stronger or heavier than another make ( I am not just talking about power boxes but bale spikes, handlers even cattle trailers) the question is what do you want to break the implement or the tractor/machine.

Some of the implement's I see would see an arm or loader on a tractor break rather than them

Really interesting one is the way the Tuffmac cattle trailers are disappearing off the road. It seems they are too heavy to pull loaded

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

For me its the fact that tractors are getting bigger and bigger. The power box that was being used on a mf165 isnt strong enough for a tm140.

You lend it to a neighbour who hasnt a clue and it comes back warped or broken .

Interestingly enough i made a double bale handler with paddles recently enough that would be stronger than most on the market, 10mm wall thickness box iron.

It was designed for the smaller tractor. It carries the bale as close to the tractor as possible. End result is we have used it on a 80hp 2wd crystal drawing fusion bales, with 250kg on the front .

The likes of the bales are getting heavier and heavier. Bale handlers and spikes have had to be made stronger. The tractors that were used before arent as suitable anymore for the work

• Advertisement
Advertisement