Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think I should do here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We went to the cinema already and hopefully we'll go again. You know, it would be great to stay in and have some drinks and not worry about driving just to mix things up a bit.

Get a hotel room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Theres only one thing you can do.

Make the "problem" eh "disappear".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

That is so funny. Belly full of laughs here. I'm very sure I wasn't conceived on that sofa. Bought the couch around about 10 years ago.

...did you ever think of the reasons for that particular couch ?(and not the other identical ones )

Who delivered the couch?..it all starts there

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Ask your mother first. If she has a problem just move out, simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

If my daughter wanted to bring a fella over to stay the night I wouldn't have it. So I understand where ur ma is comin from.

• Advertisement

If my daughter wanted to bring a fella over to stay the night I wouldn't have it. So I understand where ur ma is comin from.

Riding in alleys is more fun anyway.

Riding in alleys is more fun anyway.

Ur wife would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ur wife would know.

Is she some kind of alley expert?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I doubt he'd take you up on the offer of the couch anyway why wouldnt he just get a taxi if you arent going to sleep together. Sleeping on the couch in your mams house would be quite uncomfortable for him and probably disappointing because in most peoples books a night in means one thing it obviously doesn't to you but just giving you a heads up you might want to manage his expectations.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Is she some kind of alley expert?

No yours is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Carry wrote: »
    You pay your way, you live your life. Period.

Better pick a different night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

No yours is.

Yours is called "cockmaster 2000"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

And she smells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Of socks.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Of socks.

Of sock jizz.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you're not able to have a mature conversation about this with your mother, then maybe you shouldn't have people staying over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seen this exact scenario as the plot for a 70's filth flick that someone upload to xHamster.

Sex happens. To everyone.

MarkR wrote: »
    If you're not able to have a mature conversation about this with your mother, then maybe you shouldn't have people staying over?

Maybe she could join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's not always possible to have a mature conversation with a parent. It's not necessarily about maturity. The relationship between adult child at home and parent can be a tricky one. It's your home and I think it's reasonable enough to have friends over. But it's your mother's house and ultimately her rules. They can be unreasonable as she likes, it's her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nocrac

What should you do? Move out. You may be saving money but the cost of reduced freedom is too high. I can't understand why an adult would live with their parents, unless in a caring capacity. Cost of rent is only an excuse. Struggling financially is a part of growing up for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102897098

Well, I'm glad he decided to give it a shot.

When my lad was 18 he asked if his 18 year old girlfriend could stay over in his room. I said ok as long as her parents agreed that he could stay over there in her room and that contraception was organised. It took about 6 months for her to pluck up the courage to ask her mom and was delighted when she agreed. She was a regular in our house every weekend after that until they moved in together.
    What kids forget is that their mammies and daddies were hormonal teenagers too at one time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

When my lad was 18 he asked if his 18 year old girlfriend could stay over in his room. I said ok as long as her parents agreed that he could stay over there in her room and that contraception was organised. It took about 6 months for her to pluck up the courage to ask her mom and was delighted when she agreed. She was a regular in our house every weekend after that until they moved in together.
    What kids forget is that their mammies and daddies were hormonal teenagers too at one time!

You had a son, sons don't get pregnant, you had it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I talked to my mam about this and she's cool with it and the conversation just came about. I didn't bring it up at all. It was mam who did. He was parked up outside and mam asked why don't you invite him in? I can't says I. The sitting room is a bit of a mess. I'll need to clean it up, says I and find another place for the clothes horse. She agreed. I said I would like to invite him in sometime for a movie night and a drink or two. She's cool with it. Bless her.

There's a hotel trip planned for another weekend but that's costly and can't be done every week.

Nocrac wrote: »
    What should you do? Move out. You may be saving money but the cost of reduced freedom is too high. I can't understand why an adult would live with their parents, unless in a caring capacity. Cost of rent is only an excuse. Struggling financially is a part of growing up for most people.

My pay is too crap. It really is. I do hope to make some changes this summer. New job and move into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

My pay is too crap. It really is. I do hope to make some changes this summer. New job and move into the city.

Best of luck with new job and move.

Hope everything works out for you and this boy. You seem to like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Fair play to you OP for being so respectful towards your mam, it's lovely to see! I never used to ask, used to just land them home, mother despised every last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Is there anyone over the age of 12 in this thread?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there anyone over the age of 12 in this thread?? :D

12 and a half......... that half makes all the difference :pac:

Advertisement