Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions that are wrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Teabags most likely contain the waste & floor sweepings after the real (loose) tea is packaged.
    Brilliant idea and a promotion for the worker that thought of it first day.
    I'd say he doubled the income of the tea importers.
    Tea bags my arse.
    Real tea for real tea drinkers comes in loose packages, that's why there's strainers in tea pots.

Counterpoint - All tea is sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I love the way on social media I say IN MY EXPERIENCE this or that happenes, and someone else says YOU ARE WRONG! and tried to contradict everything I say. How does this work when they are NOT me?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

If the OP's friend is a smoker then everything tastes the same to him.

Your opinion is wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

An opinion is never wrong, just ill-informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Everyone can have an opinion, even if its a **** one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

"It's ok to drive on a learner licence on my own as it's not my first"

I hear that so often and it's just wrong. System should be scrapped and only driving with a qualified instructor allowed until you pass your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The earth is flat. The Government is controlling us via 'chemtrails'. Bush 'did' 9/11.

Those are seriously disturbing and very wrong opinions.

Not too horrified that someone thinks Lidl's version of Aero tastes like the real deal. I'm sure they're close enough that some will and some won't.

Some people think that Coke and Pepsi taste similar, despite Pepsi's unique taste and obvious superiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Anti-vaxxers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Bredabe wrote: »
    I love the way on social media I say IN MY EXPERIENCE this or that happenes, and someone else says YOU ARE WRONG! and tried to contradict everything I say. How does this work when they are NOT me?

That never happens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Sure its just a bunch of cells really".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

People telling you that you're full of sh1t is an attack of your 'free speech'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

Well with taste, people's palettes differ so things that taste the same to one person might taste different to another.

And a lot of things are even more subjective than that again. Is there anything worse or more childish than a person shutting someone else down with a " Yeah well your opinion is wrong!"? Demonstrate why it's wrong, form an argument, don't just tell someone their opinion is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Glenster wrote: »
    That never happens
    I see what your doing there, lololol :mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

The earth is flat. The Government is controlling us via 'chemtrails'. Bush 'did' 9/11.

Those are seriously disturbing and very wrong opinions.

Not too horrified that someone thinks Lidl's version of Aero tastes like the real deal. I'm sure they're close enough that some will and some won't.

Some people think that Coke and Pepsi taste similar, despite Pepsi's unique taste and obvious superiority.

Same and similar do not mean the same thing. Similarity can be subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

__Alex__ wrote: »
    Well with taste, people's palettes differ so things that taste the same to one person might taste different to another.

And a lot of things are even more subjective than that again. Is there anything worse or more childish than a person shutting someone else down with a " Yeah well your opinion is wrong!"? Demonstrate why it's wrong, form an argument, don't just tell someone their opinion is wrong.

I think you mean "things that taste similar to one person."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

764dak wrote: »
    I think you mean "things that taste similar to one person."

No, I meant what I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Red Kev wrote: »
    It's a subjective opinion, more of a preference really, so he is right.

If his opinion is based on fact, then he would be wrong. For example if he said that Leitrim are traditionally a better team than Kerry in football he would be wrong.

But if he was to say it's his opinion that strawberry ice cream is better than chocolate, then that's his subjective opinion and he's right as far as his preferences are concerned.

I think this is a good post. Sometimes you can make a good argument against an opinion.

But sometimes, no matter how wrong you think they are, there's really no way to argue with them. There is nothing to say except 'You're wrong.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Anyone that prefers Pepsi to Coke is not to be trusted

They probably preferred Blur too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

As a mate of mine once said to someone he disagreed with..'you're entitled to be wrong'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

The other woman is to blame when a man cheats on his wife.

• Advertisement
Advertisement