Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a TV to Lidl

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

I think they've been referred to as handlers for warranty stuff, saw this, see 13th April, might be relevant

http://www.vision-net.ie/Business-Barometer/Irish-Liquidators/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Lidl are really good to deal with.

I bought an electric hedge cutter.

Unboxed it and used it. Little fella spilled a glass of water on it the next day. I put it back in the box and returned it saying it never worked out of the box.

Money back no questions asked.

Excellent service.

That's a pretty stunning example of miserableness. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

...get onto the German side. We've done that before with Aldi. They're usually shocked at the unhelpfulness of the Irish side and arrange for parts, replacement etc etc quick smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

SimonLynch wrote: »
    I think they've been referred to as handlers for warranty stuff, saw this, see 13th April, might be relevant

http://www.vision-net.ie/Business-Barometer/Irish-Liquidators/

Thought the Kompernass that deals with Lidl Ireland are a German company. Any time I've had to phone for Lidl warranty I phone an Irish number, speak to Irish frontline support and then transferred to Germany for warranty.

They must have had an Irish base before and just closed it, hence the liquidation. Don't really think it makes any difference to the OP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Logo

I've sent a final notice letter to Lidl Ireland GmbH, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Maybe I should have addressed it to Germany instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Logo wrote: »
    I've sent a final notice letter to Lidl Ireland GmbH, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Maybe I should have addressed it to Germany instead?

It needs to go to the regisdtered office for the Irish company - each store may be it's own company also - although I'm not sure that little trick is being used by retailer anymore. Check the CRO, it's very important you get the right party if you go down the small claims procedure route.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There is no Irish company of Lidl. It is a GmbH, a german company. It has established a local branch in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no Irish company of Lidl. It is a GmbH, a german company. It has established a local branch in Ireland.

That does not mean it does not (have to) have a registered office. CRO number 904141 may be of interest to you. The OP has the correct address.

Lidl Ireland GmbH failed to acknowledge my formal letter of complaint seeking a repair, replacement or a refund for the TV so I have initiated Small Claims proceedings with my local District Court and included the 25 euro to the cost of the claim - as I reckon I have had to pay this for the SCC case unnecessarily. Anyone know if this is OK cos I can't find it in the faq section. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Logo wrote: »
    Lidl Ireland GmbH failed to acknowledge my formal letter of complaint seeking a repair, replacement or a refund for the TV so I have initiated Small Claims proceedings with my local District Court and included the 25 euro to the cost of the claim - as I reckon I have had to pay this for the SCC case unnecessarily. Anyone know if this is OK cos I can't find it in the faq section. Thanks.

You have to pay it, but someone recently suggested it's refunded if the case is successful - which I wasn't actually aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You do not include the SCC costs in the claim amount.

You do not include the SCC costs in the claim amount.

I have an email from Court Services saying that the case is submitted but not yet initiated. The application won't allow me to amend the claim amount or the claim details...

Advertisement