Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan wedding- hotel/ venue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

People tend to have friends that share their values and have similar lifestyles. No big mystery.

Sounds boring. Still. I don't know where these people meet each other. At a cabbage patch?
    I've nothing against vegan menus and think that if possibly is a healthy lifestyle choice. Not healthier but healthy.
    But I really don't know how any wedding could actually have more than say 4 people of this persuasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zaralynne

Who says you're invited hahaha

perhaps they're not "ethical vegans"? its about how you spend your money for us,

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

id love to go to a vegan meal for a wedding so different, fair play OP. I should imagine any real foody place will accommodate

oh yes just me and my 4 friends haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I'm being honest I wouldn't look forward being invited to a vegan wedding but I'd give it a go tough. It would be the same as any other wedding tough. If the food is bad. You just head to the nearest chipper when your heading home.

If I'm being honest I wouldn't look forward being invited to a vegan wedding but I'd give it a go tough. It would be the same as any other wedding tough. If the food is bad. You just head to the nearest chipper when your heading home.

Why does everyone seem to think I intend to force feed people soggy tofu and kale....:roll eyes:

zaralynne wrote: »
    Why does everyone seem to think I intend to force feed people soggy tofu and kale....:roll eyes:

I'd be a big meat and fish eater. I did study and work in hospitality for a while and all the vegan options generally wouldn't having being appealing to me because they had were often packed with vegetables that I would never eat. I wouldn't be a big vegetable eater and theirs only certain things I'd eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

I am not vegetarian. Though through personal taste about 70% of what I eat is meat free. From this perspective i can tell you, you won't be starved having a full vegan meal.
    OP, i've been to a fully vegan wedding before and the food was amazing. The place has changed now so i don't think they still do it. But i hear Ballintaggart house in Dingle do Vegan and vegetarian weddings. I've been to a wedding there too and it is amazing. Best of luck with the wedding! :)

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I think the point of the OP's post isn't to look for an opinion on vegan vs. meet. And catering for people who need meet etc.

Their looking for good vegan locations.

Exactly thank you! I wish people would read my questions. Rather than debate

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Mod note: henryporter and ted1 infracted.

This is a contentious issue. But if you can't post in a polite, respectful and constructive manner, then don't post at all. There will be no tolerance for breach of this rule, and expect infractions and bans if you don't follow it.

I think that people arguing about veganism is a "contentious issue". Not my original question which simply looked for the advice of other vegans about venues.

Faith wrote: »
    Mod note: Enough. Your personal views on veganism and vegan food are irrelevant. The OP is asking for an input regarding venues, not lifestyle choices. Let's assume none of you are invited to the OP's wedding, so it really doesn't matter if you'd attend due to food served or not.

OP, I can move this thread to the Vegan and Vegetarian forum if you'd like. You might have better responses there?

Thank you very much Faith! that's exactly it! :D I'd love if you could move ti to the veg section thank you

People tend to have friends that share their values and have similar lifestyles. No big mystery.

Exactly, I'm not sure many are actually reading my questions asking for fellow vegans advice rather than a debate about veganism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

ella23 wrote:
    I am not vegetarian. Though through personal taste about 70% of what I eat is meat free. From this perspective i can tell you, you won't be starved having a full vegan meal. OP, i've been to a fully vegan wedding before and the food was amazing. The place has changed now so i don't think they still do it. But i hear Ballintaggart house in Dingle do Vegan and vegetarian weddings. I've been to a wedding there too and it is amazing. Best of luck with the wedding!

Thanks for that. I couldn't remember the name of the place in Dingle and it has been driving me mad.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

**Mod Note**

There's already been warnings on this thread - the OP didn't ask for anyone's opinion on veganism/vegetarianism; they asked for suggestions of venues that would cater for that sort of wedding menu. If you can't offer constructive, helpful advice then please don't post.

Toots wrote: »
    **Mod Note**

There's already been warnings on this thread - the OP didn't ask for anyone's opinion on veganism/vegetarianism; they asked for suggestions of venues that would cater for that sort of wedding menu. If you can't offer constructive, helpful advice then please don't post.

I didn't mean to be unhelpful to the OP. I was just saying it would be like any wedding or event I've being to. If I was hungry on the way home I'd just go to the chipper". So, she could do her own thing without worrying about guests!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Exactly! Most wedding food is mediocre at best, it's par for catering for large numbers. I doubt anyone bases their decision to attend a wedding on the menu.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't mean to be unhelpful to the OP. I was just saying it would be like any wedding or event I've being to. If I was hungry on the way home I'd just go to the chipper". So, she could do her own thing without worrying about guests!

That wasn't directed at you ;) In fairness, I think heading to the chipper on the way home from a wedding is a fairly common occurrence, especially if it's late at night and a few drinks have been had.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

zaralynne wrote: »
    Thank you very much Faith! that's exactly it! :D I'd love if you could move ti to the veg section thank you

Mod note: Moved to the Vegan and Vegetarian forum at OP's request. The V&V forum stands from now on and I'm sure it's a lot stricter than the weddings one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was best man at a 100% vegan wedding in the Gibson - down to changing which taps the micro-bar in the room had (as Diageo products weren't vegan at the time). Very accomodating - you'll probably have more trouble sourcing the cake. Nibbles with the prosecco, full meal and pizza/nibbles later all provided.

Wasn't a huge wedding but was no means small and used the full normal wedding suite there so I'd assume they can handle for any size they normally handle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hi zaralynne. Did you choose a venue for your wedding reception? I'd love to hear where you chose! And if you picked up any more useful information in your search.

I've been to two completely vegetarian wedding receptions, one at The Three Towers Eco House and Organic Kitchen at the Slieve Aughty Centre, Co. Galway (2015), and one at Barberstown Castle, Co. Kildare (2016). I had the vegan options at both :D

I'm not looking to book anywhere for a wedding reception just yet, but it's nice to pick up any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Was in Fallon & Byrne ( place where I got married) and they havw vegan options on their dinner menu.

They;re also very accommodating

Advertisement