Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many players will you field for GW28

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Getting rid of Phillips ahead if last week fully justified now thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,903 ✭✭✭✭CSF

danganabu wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    you'll have to cast the net out a bit further than the waters where the tastiest fish swim.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. :D
    Absolutely :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

11 with a -4.

The top 2 in my work league have 7 players...between them :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I can see a lot of high-ownership players returning 2 points this week, so the advantage over the casuals likely won't materialise like most would hope. Most active players will already have Lukaku, or will transfer him in for Zlatan/Aguero. He is the default captain choice this week, so a big score from him will ensure there won't be much daylight between those that planned ahead for this week, and those that only realise there are 4 games when they log-in tomorrow

Clean sheets (or lack of) will likely make a big difference

Is Origi a likely starter now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

IF Firmino misses out then yes, but thats a very risky move. No guarantee Firmino doesn't play.

Benimar wrote: »

IF Firmino misses out then yes, but thats a very risky move. No guarantee Firmino doesn't play.
    Exactly the conundrum. I'm in a position where I either go with 10 or go with a one week striker for a -4 and it's a tricky choice. A guaranteed starting Origi would change that but he is not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

PVA wrote: »
    I can see a lot of high-ownership players returning 2 points this week, so the advantage over the casuals likely won't materialise like most would hope. Most active players will already have Lukaku, or will transfer him in for Zlatan/Aguero. He is the default captain choice this week, so a big score from him will ensure there won't be much daylight between those that planned ahead for this week, and those that only realise there are 4 games when they log-in tomorrow

Clean sheets (or lack of) will likely make a big difference

Most likely true...a Lukaku blank would be the best for those who put some planning into this week, even while owning and captaining him. 

Getting returns from Llorente, Barkley and Mane would make me very happy.

To be honest, I'm hoping most of the ground made up this week is against people taking -8 and -12+ hits to field close to 11. This makes sense to bring in Lukaku or Mane, but struggling to see the value in bringing in many others for a hit when they will likely be dumped soon anyway

I've 9 players for this week with 1 FT, and I'll likely be banking this and bringing Kane + Alli in next week for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

mectavba wrote:
    Most likely true...a Lukaku blank would be the best for those who put some planning into this week, even while owning and captaining him.

If you captain Lukaku, there is zero reason to want him to blank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Swansea and Hull are the key to this week imo, very few casuals will have players from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think where us weirdos will potentially gain is when loads of people log in tonight and then pop their wildcards and load up their teams with players who won't have DGWs ahead.

We'll get em in the long grass... ;)

I forsee that happening with a few in my leagues who I know only have 4 or 5 coming into the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I think where us weirdos will potentially gain is when loads of people log in tonight and then pop their wildcards and load up their teams with players who won't have DGWs ahead.

I forsee that happening with a few in my leagues who I know only have 4 or 5 coming into the week.

Yep. Either that or they spend -8 or -12 getting in 3 or 4 players they don't need in the long run, and they end up spending even more transfers/points getting them back out in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA wrote: »
    Yeah the lads on the team said I'm a bit of a God around here

Dad? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thank you for this thought. I just checked two of my rivals I want to get ahead of. One of them has 4 players as of right now, the other has 2.

They'll either do nothing, take massive hits or wildcard.

Either way, I should be well ahead after this week

Should....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

danganabu wrote: »
    Swansea and Hull are the key to this week imo, very few casuals will have players from either.
    Fair few have Swansea players now. Siggy, Mawson and Llorente would be popular enough I'd imagine

Yeah I have all three... and Jakupovic

Guess I should be hoping for a Swansea hammering with plenty of save points for Jak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

8 as things stand, but one of those is Holgate so I'm counting 7.

It will be 8 proper with my FT, or 9 with a -4. Not going higher than that on hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pre transfer, 8. Post transfer, 8.

Knowing my luck, Kingsley (transferred out for Mawson) will probably start for Swansea for the first time in an age.

Key game though, a cleanie for Swansea with goals/assists from Siggy is a must this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had hoped for 9 but Phillips out means 8 after my transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just wildcarded:

Jaku

Baines Coleman Robertson

Mane Coutinho Lallana Siggy Carroll

Lukaku Llorente

Have De Gea, Valencia, Walker and Kane on bench and Alli to Lallana is nexts week transfer looking ahead to end of season run in and future DGW's. With DGW37 looking the optium time to drop the Bench Boost there should be plenty of time for planning.

Had taken a few hits already to get 8 on pitch and then with Phillips injured I felt another hit was justified in midfield plus I wanted Baines so just went with impulse. Have taken a bit of a punt on Chelsea to beat Utd in FA cup which will likely see Utd with a DGW in GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My team is an absolute turmoil. I have 6 players this GW. And just enough funds for Kane in next GW. I've taken a -4 for Lukaku and Siggy.

Should I use this GW to take a -8 and tidy up my team? It's badly needed. But on the other hand, I could be better off saving these points as the casuals could go crazy with hits!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    My team is an absolute turmoil. I have 6 players this GW. And just enough funds for Kane in next GW. I've taken a -4 for Lukaku and Siggy.

Should I use this GW to take a -8 and tidy up my team? It's badly needed. But on the other hand, I could be better off saving these points as the casuals could go crazy with hits!

You are making an assumption that not taking hits this week is saving points.

If you bring in players who have good scoring potential this week and for the next 2 to 3 weeks, for guys who don't play this week and look like poor prospects for 29 & 30 (e.g. Phillips, City players) then you are more likely probability wise to be throwing away points by not taking the hits.

Yes I'm harping on about this again. But mystifies me how people can't see past that 4 point deduction as being certain points lost even in a week like this.

Judge every potential hit on its merits. Some will be points lost, some will be points gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Had hoped for 9 but Phillips out means 8 after my transfer

Same, already took a hit for Coleman and Barkley too. Think I'll leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You are making an assumption that not taking hits this week is saving points.

If you bring in players who have good scoring potential this week and for the next 2 to 3 weeks, for guys who don't play this week and look like poor prospects for 29 & 30 (e.g. Phillips, City players) then you are more likely probability wise to be throwing away points by not taking the hits.

Yes I'm harping on about this again. But mystifies me how people can't see past that 4 point deduction as being certain points lost even in a week like this.

Judge every potential hit on its merits. Some will be points lost, some will be points gained.

Is that you? Mr John Giles?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Is that you? Mr John Giles?

I'm waaayy more grumpy... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

8 with no hits. I seem to have dodged all the injury doubts and got rid of Phillips last week to save me a headache this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

6 players not gonna make any more changes gonna save for next week get two free transfers.

Very ordinary matchs being played this week nothing really stands out I don't need to bring in any one week 2 pointers.

My only dilemma is weather to captain Mane or Lukaku and weather to play Jaku or Heaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

11 starters with one on also on bench gk.... -8 for week. Joint second in league so happy to pull some points this week!! And not have fecked up the next few 🀔

I think a -8 with a decent score, and gaining ground in league...will allow for a -4 a couple of times over next 5 weeks if needed. Gw30 will have the winners of the fa cup gone again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

11, for -4. Thank you, Tom Heaton, for recovering from illness :)

Advertisement