Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2017!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

DBB wrote:
    Who, exactly, does the Kennel Club think it's kidding? They talk a good fight when it comes to GSDs, but that's where it ends. I almost vomited when I saw what was deemed "Best" of Breed

Wasn't there a controversy last year about the GSD too? You would've assumed it should've given the kennel club a huge wake up call. But then money talks and dogs are left deformed and in pain so as some can turn a profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Looking at this years GSD, I think there's a slight improvement, the winner wasn't as deformed as previous winners, but still not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I don't want the husky or malamute to ever win really, as it will just make people go and buy pups without knowing what they are doing, but it would have been nice to see the working group being won by a dog that actually works.

I really didn't want that man to win, it was him that handled the poodle roughly a couple of years ago, and I thought he was awful with that American cocker when he was being interviewed after winning the group, he was gripping the dog's chin really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Not overly impressed with the winner, he's lovely but I was really rooting for the Lakeland!

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    I really didn't want that man to win, it was him that handled the poodle roughly a couple of years ago, and I thought he was awful with that American cocker when he was being interviewed after winning the group, he was gripping the dog's chin really hard.

The poor dog was panting on the couch in the interview and he gripped the muzzle so hard the tongue was stuck out.. I remember poor Ricky was backing away in fear a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I really wanted the Newfoundland to win. I thought he gave the best performance at the Best In Show. He really did come across as a gentle giant :)

It would be nice to see a large dog win Crufts.

Also just read on FB (so it could be entirely made up) that apparently the kennel sold Ricky on soon afterwards for an exorbitant price. So they reckon Miami will be up for sale soon.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Hooked

He was at it all week. Disgusting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Hooked wrote: »
    He was at it all week. Disgusting to watch.

He comes across as such a brute imo. I wouldn't let him near my guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Not overly impressed with the winner, he's lovely but I was really rooting for the Lakeland!

Lakeland was lovely. Very hard though to get past the Fluffy's. The Lakeland was probably one of the few dogs who could do a days work. We are not long back from Crufts. 20km we walked yesterday.

Also just read on FB (so it could be entirely made up) that apparently the kennel sold Ricky on soon afterwards for an exorbitant price. So they reckon Miami will be up for sale soon.:(

Just did a bit of research, and have been told it was £80,000 he went for, immediately after winning BIS, didn't even go home after Crufts, just straight off to his new home abroad :(

Just did a bit of research, and have been told it was £80,000 he went for, immediately after winning BIS, didn't even go home after Crufts, just straight off to his new home abroad :(

Lovely:(
    I wonder if they had a Crufts winning bitch would she have been offloaded as quick? Not before she had a few litters I reckon.

Advertisement