Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2017!

Options
  • 09-03-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread on this for discussions on this years crufts!
    I was going to head over this year but didn't in the end, next year I'm definitely going for the shopping alone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im heading over on Sunday. Not showing, just watching and some shopping hopefully :-)

Looking forward to watching it each evening on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hugo and Jacks 'daddy' (Flint) is representing Ireland at the Eukenuba world challenge.

Anyone know when (or if) this will be televised?

Is there a listing online, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hooked wrote: »
    Hugo and Jacks 'daddy' (Flint) is representing Ireland at the Eukenuba world challenge.

Anyone know when (or if) this will be televised?

Is there a listing online, etc...

I know it's shown live on YouTube every day, maybe they have listings of what's being shown when?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

It's on Channel 4 at 8pm tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

You can watch it live on Youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLRZA3psWM

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Not going this year, feels odd as I've been for the last two, but never went before. The timing just wasn't right this year, I could have been in the main arena doing a demo on Sunday, which would have been amazing but I'll survive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I'm trying to watch the agility rather than the live stream but it says the video isn't available in my country. Tried it on 2 different devices (TV box and phone) but neither is working. Has anyone else been able to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm going (hopefully) on Saturday & Sunday if nothing else goes wrong here. Just watching it on TV now. More 4, then channel 4 at 8.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Heading over for the day on Saturday, enjoyed last year's, got the flights cheap before Christmas 😀, it's a brilliant day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I'm trying to watch the agility rather than the live stream but it says the video isn't available in my country. Tried it on 2 different devices (TV box and phone) but neither is working. Has anyone else been able to watch it?
    They do something odd with the youtube... you will be able to see it at some point today, it takes 24 hours apparently. 
    I'm working from home today so will be casting the tablet to the TV to watch as much as I can between calls :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I just love seeing the young handlers. The parson russell BoB was handled by a little girl who was maybe about 8yrs old in the Terrier final last night, and they showed coverage of a 4!! yr old handling her Australian terrier yesterday!

I just love seeing the young handlers. The parson russell BoB was handled by a little girl who was maybe about 8yrs old in the Terrier final last night, and they showed coverage of a 4!! yr old handling her Australian terrier yesterday!

I think the little 4 year old was about the cutest thing I've seen! (besides the dogs :pac: )

Was just watching on YouTube, during the heelwork to music a dog got DQ for peeing on the owner before they had even started. Would be so sickened to go through the routine which was quite good only to find that out after!!

How dinky are Italian greyhounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Every year I watch Crufts and every year I say I'm going to go but still haven't made it!! Maybe next year....
    Really enjoyed watching the agility, all the dogs seemed to be really enjoying it, as did the owners even when something went awry. Loved watching the JRT's run where it went anywhere except where he was asked to go, but his little tail was still wagging and he was giving it socks! Maybe it just made me feel better about our runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

How dinky are Italian greyhounds!

They're just so gorgeous!! Love watching them :)

Bells21 wrote: »
    Loved watching the JRT's run where it went anywhere except where he was asked to go, but his little tail was still wagging and he was giving it socks! Maybe it just made me feel better about our runs!

Ive watched the clip of him about 10 times today. It's so funny! The way he sails over the top of the ramp! He does everything wrong but he's having the best time of his life!

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

andreac wrote: »
    Im heading over on Sunday. Not showing, just watching and some shopping hopefully :-)

Bad news for your credit card - there's an outlet shopping centre in the NEC now. Its called Resorts World. About 40 shops. Literally 5 minutes walk from NEC main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

nosilver wrote: »
    Bad news for your credit card - there's an outlet shopping centre in the NEC now. Its called Resorts World. About 40 shops. Literally 5 minutes walk from NEC main entrance.

Going there shortly. My daughter has decided she wants to see King Kong 😂

Canicross Trailrunners up next in the main arena, unfortunately nobody from Ireland could make it there today to take part.

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    Canicross Trailrunners up next in the main arena, unfortunately nobody from Ireland could make it there today to take part.

It looks like the dogs are having so much fun! Is it hard to get started with canicross? Seems a fun way to get fit with your dog!

It looks like the dogs are having so much fun! Is it hard to get started with canicross? Seems a fun way to get fit with your dog!

Not hard at all, its good fun to meet up with others doing it, rather than just running on your own, but running belt, bungee line and proper harness for your dog, and off you go. Canicross Ireland is the national club here, have a FB presence, and people arrange to meet up on there. We have also set up 4 provincial groups so that people don't have to travel too far.

Go on, get started, we need more canicrossers in Ireland :D

muddypaws wrote: »
    Not hard at all, its good fun to meet up with others doing it, rather than just running on your own, but running belt, bungee line and proper harness for your dog, and off you go. Canicross Ireland is the national club here, have a FB presence, and people arrange to meet up on there. We have also set up 4 provincial groups so that people don't have to travel too far.

Go on, get started, we need more canicrossers in Ireland :D

I think I may have to wait til I have a new dog, kero would run for 30 seconds, lie down and trip everyone behind her :pac:

Jessica's commentary on the GSD, and I am paraphrasing...
    "The topline should be straight from withers to hind quarters", and yet this was what was on the screen in front of her...

2eb6ba1.jpg

Who, exactly, does the Kennel Club think it's kidding? :mad:
    They talk a good fight when it comes to GSDs, but that's where it ends.
    I almost vomited when I saw what was deemed "Best" of Breed :(

The Lancashire Heeler was lame... hoppity-skippity luxating patella :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was that pudsy from Talent SHow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

DBB wrote: »
    Jessica's commentary on the GSD, and I am paraphrasing...
    "The topline should be straight from withers to hind quarters", and yet this was what was on the screen in front of her...

2eb6ba1.jpg

Who, exactly, does the Kennel Club think it's kidding? :mad:
    They talk a good fight when it comes to GSDs, but that's where it ends.
    I almost vomited when I saw what was deemed "Best" of Breed :(

I miss the handsome tall and proud looking shepherds of my youth. They seem to have shrunk too, our neighbour had two and had to raise his fence to 7ft to stop them jumping out, I doubt any of those could jump 3ft.

I read recently that the dog that won the Westminster show in New York, a GSD called rumour, wouldn't have a look in at crufts because she was straighter backed. Now she still had a slope but no where near as bad as the ones seen over the past few years here. At least this dog looked as if it could somewhat move okay, there was one a couple of years ago and his back legs were totally out of sync with the front.
    So sad to see when there are so many gorgeous examples of well put together dogs who are fit for function. The police dog display earlier in the day just shows it!

Was that pudsy from Talent SHow ?

Yep, his last year at crufts before retirement. Her new dog Sully looks to be a great one, albeit a bit mad!

• Advertisement

Thought the shortlist for the working dogs was just gorgeous, was rooting for the leonberger, but it took 2nd at least.

Advertisement