Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WW 10 - Sign Up Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think i'll be 9 out of 10 with one game modding... so 10/10 in terms of involvement... eeek :eek::cool:

Wowzie. I think I've only not been involved in one game but I'd have to check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think i'll be 9 out of 10 with one game modding... so 10/10 in terms of involvement... eeek :eek::cool:

WW nerd!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WW nerd!:D

:(:o Will have to sit out a game... just to get my numbers down...

...but it is so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm only noticing that this is the tenth game actually. Excellent that we've managed to keep it going all this time.

Has anyone played all ten?

I've played 8 if you count my intro as a sub in the first one.

It'd be 10/10 if I had my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭tritium

I think the only one ive missed is the one night game.

Definitely been a few where i wished id had more free time to focus on them at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'm on 9/10. missed the 1st game but followed it avidly

O i really shouldnt and not even sure if its too late but I'll play if its no hassle to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

O i really shouldnt and not even sure if its too late but I'll play if its no hassle to add me

No problem at all mick. You bring it up to a nice even 20. If there is anyone else, you have to let us know before 8 pm tonight.

We'll be sending out roles over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭tritium

Gone very quiet every where else on the forum. All waiting eagerly for this......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Yea I'm looking forward to what barney and sully have cooked up for us :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

andy125 wrote: »
    Yea I'm looking forward to what barney and sully have cooked up for us :D

Me too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Can everyone make sure that they can accept PMs?

Roles to be assigned shortly and PMs will be sent to some today and some tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Too late to add me? Just discovered my hours at new job and will be in an office on my own laptop on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

When are we starting lads? And welcome to newbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

We'll be starting later this afternoon. Sending out the PMs/roles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Is it too late to sign up. I forgot this started this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think so Amanda, pms are already sent

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Ah grand Il just watch this one so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sign up to http://changeofplangames. com/wwforum/index.php and be involved in "dead room" chat also.

Amandadon wrote: »
    Is it too late to sign up. I forgot this started this week.

We can put you as a sub in case of a drop out/mod kill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could I have DR access, please?

crosstownk wrote: »
    Could I have DR access, please?

No.

(Sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

Anywhere I could read rules and instructions on how to play? Would like to take part in the next one maybe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

YOU NEVER SAID IT WAS HARRY POTTER THEMED DAMNIT

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

PooArse wrote: »
    Anywhere I could read rules and instructions on how to play? Would like to take part in the next one maybe! :D

Each game has its own rules (though more or less similar) - the rules for the current game are in the OP in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057719329

If you want to follow the current game from the Dead Room also you'll need to sign up and request access to there: http://changeofplangames. com/wwforum/index.php

Only way to understand really is to follow (or play) a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

quickbeam wrote: »
    Each game has its own rules (though more or less similar) - the rules for the current game are in the OP in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057719329

If you want to follow the current game from the Dead Room also you'll need to sign up and request access to there: http://changeofplangames. com/wwforum/index.php

Only way to understand really is to follow (or play) a game.

Cheers thanks!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    YOU NEVER SAID IT WAS HARRY POTTER THEMED DAMNIT
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

PooArse wrote: »
    Cheers thanks!

It's actually much easier than it sounds in the rules. I've played a few and I still find the opening posts with the rules a bit intimidating.

Basically it's a game of deduction played over a few days. Some of the games are themed- this current one is Harry Potter themes. There are baddies and there are goodies, you're told which you are by PM at the start. Usually the baddies can communicate with each other in a secret forum. (In more complex games there might be multiple factions of baddies in separate private rooms that may or may not know who all the other baddies are.) The baddies kill a goodie in the morning. The goodies try to kill a baddie at night by voting on who they'll viciously murder as revenge. Some people get special powers (both good and bad), these vary depending on the game. They may also have access to secret rooms. Outside of any secret rooms, all game play is on the thread so you can follow along with the game that started yesterday and see if you can pick out the baddies. There's also a "dead room" which is a discussion forum where spectators can chat and share theories and where players go when they die.

It's great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sully/Barney - can I have dead room access or are you leaving me as a sub just in case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Sully/Barney - can I have dead room access or are you leaving me as a sub just in case?

Sorted. Sorry we forgot to do this for you and Persepoly. You both should have access now.

Advertisement