Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW 10 - Sign Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I believe "Or Referring to content of them" is more than the hard evidence you mention in your
    post above. It does seem the wording was to restrict the roled player from wording knowledge gained from role.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That defeats the purpose of having a role surely? Jay wrote the rules and we've all reused the core ones, he may be able to clear up the wording. That's the interpretation that makes sense to me.

More of a Rules as Intended than Rules as Written moment for me, comes up in RPG games quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Yes, people are allowed claim whatever they want. It's just that you cannot show your pm with the role to anyone as that would ruin the game. The seer and priest can reveal what has been told to them by a mod, in relation to the roles of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I suppose I shall throw my hat into the ring again!!

Excellent, we're up to 15 now with raze and Vale. Not sure why I can't edit the op but

14. raze_them_all_
    15. The_Valeyard

We'll be sending out PMs in the next day or so to others who have played previously to see if they want to join in again.

• Advertisement

Can't edit after 48hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I'll play! I'll start lowering my colleagues' expectations of me now

Can't edit after 48hrs

Ah right. Thanks, didn't know that.

And good to have you grumpy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Can't edit after 48hrs

Speak for yourself.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

You can edit all the posts, I'd have great craic with that, like i did with Maha's sig in the backrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Is there room for another? I'll give it a go. What do I need to do? :o

Dan man wrote: »

There most certainly is. You'll either be a wolf or a villager (pretty much). If you're a wolf try to not be outed as a wolf and kill all the villagers. As a villager you try and work out who is a wolf. That's the gist anyway. Wolves kill once a day and then everyone votes on someone to lynch one a day also and this is how villagers kill wolves. We'll post all the rules and roles at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Dan man wrote: »

you'll need to request access to the subforum here and set up a backroom account here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Have been busy lately so missed developments here. Thanks for the PM reminder.

Go on so, sign me up. Won't have as much time to dedicate to it compared to previous games (stupid new job) but I'll do my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Sign me up for backroom please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,208 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how are numbers looking versus the kind of game you guys want to run?

I said to sully that we should plan for around 20 and then adjust if needed from there. I think we're at 18 now so pretty close and we've two more days till we close sign ups.

Hopefully we get a few more, but I'm pretty sure we can run the game as we'd planned with this amount. Obviously we could have more roles the more people we have which would be nice. So if anyone is thinking about maybe playing, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I just found this forum the other day and I'll confess I'm pretty curious, so if there is room for a newbie, I'd be game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sorry guys, I'm just getting to see this thread now.

Major apologies for not being able to mod this as planned. Many thanks to Sully and Barney for stepping in - it's greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this game due to work stuff but I'm hoping that I can get involved when things return to normal sometime after Easter.

Best of luck with WWX.

• Advertisement

EMF2010 wrote: »
    I just found this forum the other day and I'll confess I'm pretty curious, so if there is room for a newbie, I'd be game

Go for it. It's brilliant. Very engaging and consuming.

Of course you're welcome. Glad to have you.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I'm just getting to see this thread now.

Major apologies for not being able to mod this as planned. Many thanks to Sully and Barney for stepping in - it's greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this game due to work stuff but I'm hoping that I can get involved when things return to normal sometime after Easter.

Best of luck with WWX.

Sad not to have you in this one cross.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Sad not to have you in this one cross.

I'd love to take part in a game but I'd find it impossible to keep on top of it as I haven't time to fart at the moment.

The last two months have made me appreciate my usual job and all the 'internet time' it allows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Barney92 wrote: »
    Of course you're welcome. Glad to have you.

Thanks for the welcome. Is there anything I need to do in advance or is just signing up enough?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

We will make room for anyone who wants to play. Within reason!!!!!

You'll need to request access to the subforum here and set up a backroom account here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm only noticing that this is the tenth game actually. Excellent that we've managed to keep it going all this time.

Has anyone played all ten?

Be warned, it's addictive!

And consumes your entire life!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm only noticing that this is the tenth game actually. Excellent that we've managed to keep it going all this time.

Has anyone played all ten?

I think i'll be 9 out of 10 with one game modding... so 10/10 in terms of involvement... eeek :eek::cool:

Advertisement