Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it illegal to not give metric when advertising in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Also if you are the type of person that gets confused when purchasing a house over sq ft/sq m you have bigger problems to worry about I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lads, this thread is 5 years old.

It's like Day of the Dead around here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would reply with something like "BRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSS" but it is probably expecting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,364 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If he is a 'rogue' auctioneer, I'd be more worried about him inflating the dimensions than whether he uses metric or imperial. All property descriptions carry a disclaimer as to the dimensions so you really can't trust any numbers quotes - sq. ft. or sq. m.

It's still common for auctioneers to quote floor area in both imperial and metric. Motor dealers seem to have universally adopted kms when quoting mileage but there's a lot of cars on donedeal still quoting miles.

Advertisement