Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice Cooper - Olympia - Nov 8th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder how restricted this show could be given the size of the Olympia stage ??

Alice has a big band and a lot of props eg big Frankenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

The Olympia stage is quite big, certainly in comparison to Vicar St and he got pretty much everything on stage there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blastman wrote: »
    The Olympia stage is quite big, certainly in comparison to Vicar St and he got pretty much everything on stage there...

Was around 6yrs ago that Rob Zombie cancelled his Olympia show on 5 days notice, official reason was he had to return to the U.S to go into pre-production for a movie he was making, the real reason is that his full stage show wouldn't have fitted on the stage, he was asked to scale back but refused to budge an inch, hence why he's never been back here as MCD won't touch him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I've a post over on toutless if anyone's looking for a ticket for the Wednesday https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?p=187706#p187706

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw on MCD facebook saying tickets for thursday are still out.

Tickets for both nights are still out, and very good tickets. Circle row B or D for wednesday
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/alice-cooper-dublin-11-08-2017/event/18005263B7E74036?artistid=734811&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

and circle A, B C, D or upper circle for thursday

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/alice-cooper-dublin-11-09-2017/event/18005263BA284385?artistid=734811&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw on MCD facebook saying tickets for thursday are still out.

These were the ones held back (unsold mental money packages)

These were the ones held back (unsold mental money packages)
    aha, I didn't twig that, and I even saw the expensive packages on the list.

Good to know for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Sorry to be a pain... just looking at my tickets, and the section is given as "Ground" with a row number and seat number. I'm trying to figure out where these seats are - it's unclear from the layout (I thought ground was standing?) and I'm trying to buy a ticket for someone else to join us. If anyone has any ideas, shout! Thanks.

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain... just looking at my tickets, and the section is given as "Ground" with a row number and seat number. I'm trying to figure out where these seats are - it's unclear from the layout (I thought ground was standing?) and I'm trying to buy a ticket for someone else to join us. If anyone has any ideas, shout! Thanks.
    It is just general standing, they just assign numbers to them, even though the morons know it causes phonecalls, emails & confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine the theatrics and stuff will be scaled down a bit cause of the stage size in the Olympia ???

Saw him twice and he puts on a great show, a bit gimmicky a times but that's the style of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine the theatrics and stuff will be scaled down a bit cause of the stage size in the Olympia ???

Saw him twice and he puts on a great show, a bit gimmicky a times but that's the style of it

I was looking at some footage from this tour and some of the places have been quite similar sized so I don't think we'll be missing out on anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Does anyone know if the Olympia box office swaps tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah probably, I saw him in Vicar St. once and yeah it was scaled down a bit. Both stages are a similar size. WEll, Olympia is a theatre stage so probably a bit bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Great show, still had a fair few theatrics. Great set, only disappointment was a lack of Welcome to My Nightmare which was always my fave.

Also, Nina Strauss.... just wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Really enjoyed it too. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Loved every minute of Wednesday nights show.
    Strip away the gimmicks and you have a kick ass band.
    In fact, the best special effect used over the 2 nights was Nita Strauss!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

Thursday nights show was pure class. Pure showman as ever and that band was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nita Strauss is a legend and a very good guitarist and the fact she is gorgeous helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Surprised he didnt play ELECTED. That always gets me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Surprised he didn't play Nightmare but delighted he played Pain, which I love. Great band, excellent show....we're not worthy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement