Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice Cooper - Olympia - Nov 8th

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

55-70euro Ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Would be cool but mad prices really :(

I've already had a pop at the Olympia on FB, they announced the gig on their page, tickets from €55 and then say there is an extra €1 fee for refurbishment, it's a business ffs, they shouldnt have to force punters into paying it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Weren't tickets for his co-headline gig in the O2 a few years ago only around €60ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

he puts on a great show and the Olympia will really suite it but saw him twice before (3arena 2011 and Manchester 2015) and he done all his hits and stage antics those nights. ill skip this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Hope this isn't fully seated like the UK dates. Want to go as well but don't know about paying €60+.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Passenger wrote: »
    Weren't tickets for his co-headline gig in the O2 a few years ago only around €60ish?

I'd imagine thet's correct, a quick search tells me when they did dates with Motely Crue in UK was around £40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've already had a pop at the Olympia on FB, they announced the gig on their page, tickets from €55 and then say there is an extra €1 fee for refurbishment, it's a business ffs, they shouldnt have to force punters into paying it

all venues are doing this now. To be honest with you I don't mind contributing to the cost of maintaining an historic venue like the Olympia but to be forced into paying for the upkeep of a brand new purpose built venue like the 3Arena, well that sickens me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know fanclub presale password or how to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

SICKTHINGS

• Advertisement

all venues are doing this now. To be honest with you I don't mind contributing to the cost of maintaining an historic venue like the Olympia but to be forced into paying for the upkeep of a brand new purpose built venue like the 3Arena, well that sickens me :mad:

But we're already paying the cost of maintaining it by purchasing a ticket, they make their money from the hire of the venue

Where does it explicitly say that they're charging extra for venue refurbishment?

Passenger wrote: »
    Where does it explicitly say that they're charging extra for venue refurbishment?

From The Olympia's FB Page

Rock legend Alice Cooper has confirmed a concert date at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on Wednesday 8th November 2017.
    Tickets priced from €54.50 including booking fee and €1 restoration levy go on sale this Friday 10th March at 9am via Ticketmaster Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm sure they'll get right on that. They've been charging it for the last couple of years (and in fairness, you can see where it's gone)

From The Olympia's FB Page

Rock legend Alice Cooper has confirmed a concert date at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on Wednesday 8th November 2017.
    Tickets priced from €54.50 including booking fee and €1 restoration levy go on sale this Friday 10th March at 9am via Ticketmaster Ireland

Well at least they're being transparent about it. It'd be another thing if they just arbitrarily upped the ticket prices which they've done anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I'm sure they'll get right on that. They've been charging it for the last couple of years (and in fairness, you can see where it's gone)
    The €1 is just a cynical way to rip off music fans even more on top of booking fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's not really ripping them off if the facilities are improved on what was there before, it is an old building and does need maintenance.

applying it to the point is a piss take, but for the olympia i'd say it isint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ cruhoortwunk, cheers for the presale password.
    Standing ticket purchased, 26 years after I last seen him live.

poundhound wrote: »
    Standing ticket purchased, 26 years after I last seen him live.

Where did he play that time?

The point 1991.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Id say there is a good chance he will add a second night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Standing tickets got, thanks to cruhoortwunk for the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

SICKTHINGS

very kind of you. Tickets got.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

November 9th has also been added, so two Alice Cooper shows this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

all venues are doing this now.
    I only know of 2 slapping on charges like this, olympia and 3arena.

They have ambiguous wording now, so do 3arena. The 1euro is actually included in the 54.50, in the past it was not. There are some gigs in 3arena where it was included too, and others where its not.

This is the ticketmaster checkout page.
    Full Price Ticket
    TICKET PRICE €54.50 x 2
    SERVICE CHARGE €6.80 x 2
    SUBTOTAL (Full Price Ticket) €122.60

It used to list out the restoration levy separately and be added on to the 54.50.

As its included I think they would be better off just shutting their mouths about it, it only infuriates some people and others just do not mind -so I see no advantage to declaring it, especially as its causing confusion whether its included or not. Its only a euro, but some will be put off on principle. I would say very few are happy to see it listed, so why do it, and if its such a good idea why not start listing how much of the ticket price goes towards bouncers, light & heat, insurance, owners holiday etc.

There is also no reason to say the booking fee is included either, I have never been to a gig or heard of a gig where it was not included. -There is one reason to say it though, to con people into thinking it means all fees are included, i.e. the service charge, and this little scam works as I know several people who were convinced it meant what they saw advertised was the "all in" price. Groups of people will agree to go, and likely not pull out at the last minute when they see the extra 6.85 slapped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Was anyone else at Alice's gig in Vicar St, or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I just checked, and there are no standing tickets left!

Suff wrote: »
    I just checked, and there are no standing tickets left!

There are standing tickets currently available for the Thurs Nov 9th gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Thank you got one!

Advertisement