Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P10 and P10 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

So the S8 is only €299...what to do, what to do...
    Vodafone have the P10 up for pre order, no sign of the P10 Plus.
    The HTC ocean is due for release early May. I'd be interested in that if Vodafone stock it...

1jcdub wrote: »
    Vodafone have the P10 up for pre order, no sign of the P10 Plus.
    The HTC ocean is due for release early May. I'd be interested in that if Vodafone stock it...

First person I've heard that is looking forward to the next HTC :D

I think the ocean will be a disappointment. Probably S8 price, but lacking features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just to point out, the S8 works out at €1019 for the phone on Three's €60 countract and €759 on three's €45 contract.

That's a big wedge of cash.

Works out at €1,009 for the phone on meteor's €55 contract and €1,099 on their €65 contract and €959 on their €45 contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Just to point out, the S8 works out at €1019 for the phone on Three's €60 countract and  €759 on three's €45 contract.

That's a big wedge of cash.

Works out at €1,009 for the phone on meteor's €55 contract and €1,099 on their €65 contract.
    Big chunk of change alright. The pricing of the S8 is an awful lot less than I was expecting though. Not sure what to do. Cancel the pre-order of the P10 Plus, or stick with it. Head is saying the Huawei is much better value/ better specs on paper. Heart is saying the S8 is damn good looking, and is IP68 water proof, not just "Splash Proof".

Big chunk of change alright. The pricing of the S8 is an awful lot less than I was expecting though. Not sure what to do. Cancel the pre-order of the P10 Plus, or stick with it. Head is saying the Huawei is much better value/ better specs on paper. Heart is saying the S8 is damn good looking, and is IP68 water proof, not just "Splash Proof".

The waterproofing, looks and screen are making me question everything, for the sake of a €70 price rise vs the P10+ on three's €45 contract.

That said, I can have the P10+ and accessories in my hand next Monday/Tuesday. I'd be waiting nearly a month for the S8.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    First person I've heard that is looking forward to the next HTC :D

I think the ocean will be a disappointment. Probably S8 price, but lacking features.
    If the specs are to believe​d. Then yes I'd be interested In the Ocean. I was a HTC fan up until the M7, then I switched to the S6 edge 🀠for all of 5 months. Pure disappointment. Moved to the 6P(one of the best phones I've had to dat, although the OnePlus 3t is a cracking phone for the money.
    If the P10, P10 Plus was ip68 certified and had oleophobic coating on the screen. I would have pre order it already, but it hasn't so I'll play the waiting game until they end of May to see what's available before I make a decision.

Decisions decisions.

If the specs are to believe​d. Then yes I'd be interested In the Ocean. I was a HTC fan up until the M7, then I switched to the S6 edge 🀠for all of 5 months. Pure disappointment. Moved to the 6P(one of the best phones I've had to dat, although the OnePlus 3t is a cracking phone for the money.
    If the P10, P10 Plus was ip68 certified and had oleophobic coating on the screen. I would have pre order it already, but it hasn't so I'll play the waiting game until they end of May to see what's available before I make a decision.

Decisions decisions.

The coating doesn't bother me because I always use a tempered glass protector, I wish they were ip68 though. Hopefully they're down playing the "splash resistant" thing and it's pretty well water proofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Has anyone heard when the p10 and p10 plus will be available in store? Vodafone staff said they had no idea about it, in fact the girl on the desk had no idea about it being available to pre order on the website!

Talula_d wrote: »
    Has anyone heard when the p10 and p10 plus will be available in store? Vodafone staff said they had no idea about it, in fact the girl on the desk had no idea about it being available to pre order on the website!

The P10 is available to pre order now. They've no news if they'll be doing the P10 Plus, but I heard they will. Probably the 64gb 4gb ram version. If I was going for the plus it would have to be the 6gb ram model.

Yeah i knew it was available to pre order but they wouldnt allow me to preorder because I will be going the route of upgrade anytime!

• Advertisement

Yeah i knew it was available to pre order but they wouldnt allow me to preorder because I will be going the route of upgrade anytime!

The pre-orders for the p10 ship tomorrow, they will probably be in store by the end of the week.

If they won't let you order, then hang on and wait for the rest of the phones to be released before ordering..

Thanks for that! It would be great if they were!

If they won't let you order, then hang on and wait for the rest of the phones to be released before ordering..

That's the plan to wait for them to be released, I just wondered had anyone heard a date for them to be stocked in store!

Thanks for that! It would be great if they were!

P10 is in store in Three shops tomorrow morning, not sure about meteor/voda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

P10/P10Plus was in three shops on monday (3rd) I was in both three shops in Henry street earlier, and they have dummies and working models. I'm presuming they also had stock, although I didn't ask. I was walking from the Jervis car park to a meeting and didn't want to ave the brainless converstion you tend to have with shop staff.

Lovely phones though, I'm plumping for the Plus, width wise, its the same as my P8, just a couple of MMs taller.

I'd love the plus but I just can't hold out any longer! (Using a smart ultra 7, not sure how I haven't hopped it out the window!) Noticed prices were up on Vodafone website last night so hopefully they have it in stock, checked with the online Chat around 5pm and they claimed they had no idea when it would be stocked, funny a few hours later it was available for pre pay purchase!

If anybody has picked up a P10 today, and has the time to give first impressions of it, that'd be really appreciated.

If anybody has picked up a P10 today, and has the time to give first impressions of it, that'd be really appreciated.

I actually went back to the p10 after using a friends p9 plus and being put off by the size.

Lovely phone so far but I've been using it less than an hour so hard to give a review just yet. It's absolutely gorgeous though.

I actually went back to the p10 after using a friends p9 plus and being put off by the size.

Lovely phone so far but I've been using it less than an hour so hard to give a review just yet. It's absolutely gorgeous though.
    Nice one. Just have to wait out another week for the Plus. My damned irrational impatience is kicking in big time though.

• Advertisement

Nice one. Just have to wait out another week for the Plus. My damned irrational impatience is kicking in big time though.

I'll say this, the fingerprint scanner lightening fast. Works before you even apply full contact to the pad, extremely accurate too.

This is a big step up from my z3 compact.

Eventually got the p10 this afternoon after 5 different stores, I think liffey Valley Vodafone may have 2 in stock, they couldnt sell to me this morning as the issue number wasn't registered on their system, blanch store had none at all, they think it will be Tuesday before they get it, and swords got one, which I am now greatfully holding!!
    Very nice phone to use so far, incredible camera in comparison to s6!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

In the same boat... can't decide on what to get for my upgrade at the end of April

But I have done some window shopping and narrowed it down to these four

Galaxy S8
    Mi Mix 2
    LG G6
    Oppo R9S

I'm been pulled towards the Mi Mix but deep down I know I'm going to go Samsung again when I see an S8 in the flesh

I'll say this, the fingerprint scanner lightening fast. Works before you even apply full contact to the pad, extremely accurate too.

This is a big step up from my z3 compact.
    Nice one, delighted to hear this. I've been using the full fat Z3, and have loved it, and I know the screen was about the only difference spec wise from the compact to the full fat version. How have you found the UI?

Eventually got the p10 this afternoon after 5 different stores, I think liffey Valley Vodafone may have 2 in stock,  they couldnt sell to me this morning as the issue number wasn't registered on their system,  blanch store had none at all,  they think it will be Tuesday before they get it,  and swords got one,  which I am now greatfully holding!!
    Very nice phone to use so far,  incredible camera in comparison to s6!
    Happy days. The camera is one of the main draw for me on this, so really looking forward to see what the camera results are like in the flesh.

Really liking the phone so far. Kind of annoyed the Irish model did not come with the clear plastic case that all the unboxing videos online had though.

I'm in the city centre for the day tomorrow so I'm going to give the battery and camera a good test.

Really liking the phone so far. Kind of annoyed the Irish model did not come with the clear plastic case that all the unboxing videos online had though.

I'm in the city centre for the day tomorrow so I'm going to give the battery and camera a good test.
    That is a bit disappointing. Glad I've two ordered from Ali Express now though.

About the ui I don't mind it. I turned on the app tray and am using the scanner button instead of on screen navigation keys and I'm liking that feature now I'm getting used to it.

About the ui I don't mind it. I turned on the app tray and am using the scanner button instead of on screen navigation keys and I'm liking that feature now I'm getting used to it.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like. It'll take a wee bit of muscle memory retraining, but I reckon it should be fairly intuitive. Have you checked out the freebies? I'm interested to see how well the tripod works, as a tripod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Worth noting for those of us on Sim only, that there may be some deals online.
    Heres Amazon.de for example.

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_nr_n_3?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A3468301%2Ck%3Ahuawei+p10+plus&keywords=huawei+p10+plus&ie=UTF8&qid=1491327875&rnid=1703609031

Advertisement