Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

• 03-03-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Check this stuff out

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead
    Hey, everyone.

We’re planning to reveal the final live event for the Destiny 1 era next Wednesday. We’re calling it “Age of Triumph,” and we intend for it to be a fun and memorable celebration that will bring the first major chapter of our Destiny adventures to a fitting close. We’ll look back upon the three incredible years we’ve shared as a community, and look ahead to some final challenges and rewards that await you in the weeks ahead.

But first, we want to answer some important questions you’ve been asking about Destiny’s first full sequel.

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the player’s best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

We believe this is the best path forward. It allows us to introduce the major advancements and improvements that all of us expect from a sequel, ensuring it will be the best game we can create, unencumbered by the past. We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future.

Before we do that, we’re going to deliver “Age of Triumph” at the end of March. To show you what it’s all about, we’re planning a series of livestream showcases. We’ll be reintroducing you to some members of the Live Team, and they’ll be showing you the content and activity updates that they’ve been working on. The dates and times are listed below.

We kick things off next week.

Age of Triumph
    Reveal
    Wednesday, March 8th

Age of Triumph
    Weekly Rituals
    Wednesday, March 15th

Age of Triumph
    Sandbox Update
    Wednesday, March 22nd

MOD NOTE: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103188489&postcount=282

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I might have to get some of you guys to help me complete the last two Raids. I've gotten to the final boss in both a few times but never successfully managed to beat them. I don't want to miss out on whatever tokens they give veteran players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'd say it's just a last chance for people to earn some cosmetics for Destiny 2. You didn't get your Year 1 Moments of Triumph, here ya go, have another chance sort of thing.

I'm all for it if gets people doing some old raids but unless there is some updated loot then there's really no need for most of us.

I'd also hope they realise they're making a mistake by not letting people carry over eververse purchases, bit cheap on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I do need to give the Crux another go. ****er still hasn't dropped. I wouldn't mind getting some of the VoG gear for the Warlock and Titan either. I hope Bungie can allow you to have a kiosk for different Armor/ Weapons sets in D2. My vault is full of IB gear, VoG gear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

All sounds interesting and I'm all for it! Whether this means updating the road to current light levels or not, I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,971 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Teaser video up on bungie for this - vault of glass features mostly and fatebringer is shown, but without the blue/arc hue to it, so looks like it is back but elemental damage removed - a little disappointing imo.

• Advertisement

Teaser video up on bungie for this - vault of glass features mostly and fatebringer is shown, but without the blue/arc hue to it, so looks like it is back but elemental damage removed - a little disappointing imo.

What's the ****ing point so? Dumb on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

What's the ****ing point so? Dumb on their part.

Was arc damage everything that made Fatebringer good in your opinion?

I'd have liked to see the primaries return with the elementary damage, simply cause it would make them a bit more fun. I hope they do something to spice them up in their absence - such as bonus damage to vex targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So is this basically going to just give out higher level gear for the existing other raids in the lead up to Destiny 2?

I doubt there will be any more light level raised

PetKing wrote: »
    Was arc damage everything that made Fatebringer good in your opinion?

Personally, I didn't get it til almost the end of Yr.1, so it wasn't a big deal for me. There are plenty of guns in that archetype available now, that can roll Firefly. So if it's not Arc, what is the point, beyond nostalgia?

• Advertisement

Personally, I didn't get it til almost the end of Yr.1, so it wasn't a big deal for me. There are plenty of guns in that archetype available now, that can roll Firefly. So if it's not Arc, what is the point, beyond nostalgia?

I hope they add some different unique perk to it, in the same vein as the raid weapon perks in wrath of the machine.

Give the vog stuff extra vex damage, crota stiff extra hive damage. Something like that.

I hope they add some different unique perk to it, in the same vein as the raid weapon perks in wrath of the machine.

Give the vog stuff extra vex damage, crota stiff extra hive damage. Something like that.

Don't they already have that for some of them? Could've sworn they do.

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence (the only two VoG guns I have left in my vault) have increased oracle damage. Fang of Ir Yut has increased damage vs Hive Majors. I think a more generalised damage improvement would be reasonable if elemental damage is taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've been on a nice break from destiny, hoping they're giving all activities the chance to drop high end gear. I'm feeling like I'm ready to start jumping back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Record book has 13 pages from a screengrab of the teaser, so that's up to 104 activites

****ing 'ell, that'll keep folks busy. Hoping going flawless is one of them, just to rub some salt in the wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

****ing 'ell, that'll keep folks busy. Hoping going flawless is one of them, just to rub some salt in the wound.

If it does I'm not looking forward to all the people complaining on the forums about it.

I have no intention of playing ToO so that wont be a node that I'll ever be completing(if there is more than one for trials then I wont be doing those either.

Making Flawless a requirement would be like dropping a tanker of petrol on a tyre fire

Making Flawless a requirement would be like dropping a tanker of petrol on a tyre fire

Yes, but maybe no.

A big problem with trials (beyond the special economy) is the player numbers. People playing trials are generally people who have a good chance of going flawless or getting close to it.

If it was a requirement to go flawless there is the possibility that it encourages a load of people to give it a go. The more people playing it the more chance you have of playing someone at your level or below - which makes trials a more enjoyable experience anyway.

If they player pool was diluted, sure even poor players might be able to go 5-0, 9-0 is a different matter.

Nobody would think that was a good idea to be made a requirement.

What about players in Australia etc? Where player populations are even smaller?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Advertisement

If they player pool was diluted, sure even poor players might be able to go 5-0, 9-0 is a different matter.

Nobody would think that was a good idea to be made a requirement.

What about players in Australia etc? Where player populations are even smaller?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I don't want to see flawless a requirement, but I can see playing trials being a requirement - as it was with the last book.

A currently diluted population is more difficult for trials because a higher proportion of the people playing trials are trials players. Flawless in year 2 was easier because you had a better chance of coming up agaisnt more casual teams.

I would have no doubt there will be some sort of "Participation" aspect in Trials alright. Even the ROI book had you play 5 matches afaik

I would have no doubt there will be some sort of "Participation" aspect in Trials alright. Even the ROI book had you play 5 matches afaik

which I still haven't got done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you made flawless trials a requirement it would turn into a farce I imagine - paid carries everywhere, people giving away free wins everywhere, people trying to cheat where they can etc. etc.

Flawless raider would be interesting (mainly because I've not done it so it would increase the population of people willing to try with me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

AdamD wrote: »
    Flawless raider would be interesting (mainly because I've not done it so it would increase the population of people willing to try with me!).
    I'd honestly be very surprised it that is one of the triumphs, though it might actually get me to try and finally get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Requirement was for 5 Trials Cards.
    which I still haven't got done.

I'm one card away from that node.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I don't care what they add to the book, as long as it doesn't include getting the siva yoke from the top of the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    I don't care what they add to the book, as long as it doesn't include getting the siva yoke from the top of the mountain.

I went and got that last week, I had a youtube video beside me and about an hour to kill. Got it done in under 30mins. so it's not really that bad when you set your mind to it, I had only given halfarsed attempts before.

I hope they make a change in D2 for how they organise the Trials equivalent. Perhaps an ELO based bracket system, similar to Overwatch etc. Have multi-flawless players less likely to come up against neverbeens, after going to the lighthouse already in a given week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Necrocasm is good for removing salt. Spare Crux also double as energy efficient light bulbs.

Advertisement