Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late competition

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Most years I try to get tickets for the late late toy show, but have yet to succeed. I am nearly convinced that too is a scam.
    The audience is just a bunch of people who work off camera at RTE and there are no prizes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

amtc wrote: »
    I have a bugbear that people from the north can enter despite not being reciprocal. They don't pay licence fee

But that just shows how mature we've become.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Seanachai wrote: »
    I usually get a moment of anxiety after I enter the comp, I think 'what the f**k am I going to say to him if he phones?'. I'm sitting in my boxers eating chips and dip reading the Buy & Sell half watching the Late Late alone. Also even though it's free money they always expect you to be jumping out of your skin over the phone, I'd appreciate the money but I'd have to ham it up a bit.

I'd just take the piss out of him. He always asks if the winner was watching the show, so the obvious retort would be;
    "not really, I'm actually watching Graham Norton but I never miss the late late quiz!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Winterlong wrote: »
    Most years I try to get tickets for the late late toy show, but have yet to succeed. I am nearly convinced that too is a scam.
    The audience is just a bunch of people who work off camera at RTE and there are no prizes at all.

Ever notice how radio shows here don't have audiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

They always say 'you must be there to take the call'. They only ever call a landline. Therefore don't text the answer, call the number and leave a landline number to call back on.

How do you know they only call a landline?

Sure it's pointless having a text number then, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People still have landlines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Agricola wrote: »
    I'd just take the piss out of him. He always asks if the winner was watching the show, so the obvious retort would be;
    "not really, I'm actually watching Graham Norton but I never miss the late late quiz!"

Could say you were watching, and just hope you don't get quizzed on what you thought of the show.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 weekday

only cork wins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

'Imelda', sweet jesus, probably a civil service pension and married to an industrial level farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Stop watching and never enter again.

Advertisement