Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2017 InterDepartmental AP1 just announced.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

Managed to scrape through with 50 something in the three categories. Strange experience, not sure how they can rate a person in such a system. Do you get points for being natural? Is the content all that matters? After I did mine I regretted not having a fully practiced script.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

lfp wrote: »
    Managed to scrape through with 50 something in the three categories. Strange experience, not sure how they can rate a person in such a system. Do you get points for being natural? Is the content all that matters? After I did mine I regretted not having a fully practiced script.

That's great! Well done. I'd say content, for sure, showing solid experience in the examples.

If you could keep us updated on the next steps there are that would be really helpful, if you wouldn't mind; I'm curious to know what's next!

It just said the next stage will be interview and they will be in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Slow One

Didn't pass the strategic policy question (question 2) so didn't get marks for any of the others. Not too upset about it but will be curious to find out how many of those on the panel are already standard APs. Also I suspect the video submissions might become a regular feature to trim down the numbers going to Abbey Street for interview.

Again fair play to Ifp and anyone who got through to the next stage, that's good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

I wonder how many applied and how many got through?

I heard of someone who was in the top 300 of the 2016 AP competition getting through but nobody else so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

ShellyMCD wrote: »
    I wonder how many applied and how many got through?

I heard of someone who was in the top 300 of the 2016 AP competition getting through but nobody else so far.

Thought I heard from someone that 150 people went for it but don't know where they got that number from. Well done lfp. Next stage is presumably a blank slate so the scores from the first round don't matter once you met the qualifying standards. Video interview was a weird experience all right although I hate normal interviews as well - just not sure which is worse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Interviews are starting this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 starviewer1

Any feedback from the interviews today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 imwiththeband

Do we know if this is the final round?

Do we know if this is the final round?

Yes it should be

• Advertisement

Any feedback from the interviews today?

usual competency interview based on the application form

results are out

Any idea of number of people on the panel and the number of vacancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Panel is certainly down into the 40s (I just scraped through :)) No indication of vacancies but also did not see anything in the circular about the life of the panel - anyone know how long it will run for?

JD1763 wrote: »
    Panel is certainly down into the 40s (I just scraped through :)) No indication of vacancies but also did not see anything in the circular about the life of the panel - anyone know how long it will run for?

Not sure. I think that the default is 2 years unless an actual date is specified.

I think around 50 were called to interview.

Thats about right for a two year panel for the three Departments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think around 50 were called to interview.

Thats about right for a two year panel for the three Departments

Very high pass rate then.

Very high pass rate then.

in this competition, given a round or two already done, it would be expected tbh

No e-tray or other systems

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Don't suppose anyone knows of any movement on this panel?

SJ. wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone knows of any movement on this panel?

nope

I know someone in top 10 and they haven't heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Riskymove wrote: »
    nope

I know someone in top 10 and they haven't heard anything yet

Grand - it's only been a few days I guess. Would be great if you could let us (me) know if that person hears something.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Haven't heard anything yet

Everyone get their health and character declaration form? Does this mean clearance has started?

Any updates?

Any updates?

I've heard nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Sent my clearance in as well but not holding my breath on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 imwiththeband

yes, gone in. I'm guessing that the panel might be drawn down relatively quickly. But that's just guesswork!

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

The fact today is the deadline for returning the declaration, offers should issue next week - I'd guess!

The vibe I got from public jobs was the panel would not be exhausted and there wouldn't be big numbers offered. Nothing was concrete, but I'd guess (massive leap, no solid info) 15 to 18 posts initially. That would have me a long way from an offer. Hopefully this thread will have some news next week to see how good/bad my prediction is!

Advertisement