Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Crime Story (Season 3 - Gianni Versace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

According to the TV charter, "Threads for new shows (that are months, and sometimes over a year away) are not generating discussion and are taking away from genuine discussion of shows that are actually on the air. From now on, a thread about a new show (with press releases, casting news, random links etc.) cannot be created until that show has actually aired (or at the very least, has footage). Until a show is at that stage, we will use one single thread for all announcements, pilot news, press releases, casting news, etc."

This version of American Crime Story won't air until late 2018. Thread seems kind of pointless at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to this one looks like they are building a solid cast for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Looking forward to this one looks like they are building a solid cast for it.

Enjoyed last one but cast and base for story should make this one brilliant

The upcoming season 2 on Hurricane Katrina doesn't peak my interest at all maybe because I don't know the story as much as I did with OJ & season 3 Versace and even season 4 which will be on Clinton & Lewinsky.

• Advertisement

According to the TV charter, "Threads for new shows (that are months, and sometimes over a year away) are not generating discussion and are taking away from genuine discussion of shows that are actually on the air. From now on, a thread about a new show (with press releases, casting news, random links etc.) cannot be created until that show has actually aired (or at the very least, has footage). Until a show is at that stage, we will use one single thread for all announcements, pilot news, press releases, casting news, etc."

This version of American Crime Story won't air until late 2018. Thread seems kind of pointless at the moment.

Sorry I didn't read the charter but assumed as the show is happening a thread for it would be ok

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this about the fella who was so good at fashion they had to shoot him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lady gaga? :/

Ricky Martin yes that Ricky Martin joins the cast.

• Advertisement

Versace is now being bumped up to season 2 as the original season 2 Katrina is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What a mess trying to get another Ryan Murphy "franchise" going.

Starts January 17th in the States on FX.

Starts tomorrow night the 17th in the States.

brian_t wrote: »
    The Assassination of Gianni Versace - American Crime Story starts on BBC 2 at 9pm on Wednesday 28th February.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm really enjoying this, it's totally different to what I expected.

It's did cover the assassination but the real story is Cunannan, Darren Cross is excellent and terrifying.

This series feels completely different to the OJ stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone watching this on bbc2?

is there really a need for all the kinky sex scenes? seems to be there for shock value only

to quote Father Ted...."the rough and tumble of homosexual life"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I started watching this and enjoyed the first couple of episodes but it seemed to drift off...

As said, it is more about Cunanan than just about the Versace assassination.
    Enjoyable but not a patch on the OJ series.
    Criss is really good in it though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a bit of a slog to watch, there doesn't seem to be any timelines, just pick a topic each week and go with it, the whole parents thing was a bit of a cliche, 1 with a brilliant supportive parent with a troubled school, the other with a troubled parent and a brilliant supportive school.

• Advertisement

It really is more about Andrew Cunanan than Gianni Versace but yes Darren Criss is excellent, has mostly definitely shaken off his nice boy Glee image

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm enjoying the new series (didn't see the OJ series). The acting is great, not just from Criss but also his various victims and acquaintances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I prefered the OJ series a lot more but that's probably because I knew a lot of the back story already whereas I didn't know much about this 1. The last episode was very good however, really great acting by all involved although I don't know if that scene on the stage happened or was just a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Binge watched all nine episodes over the last few days and I have to say I actually enjoyed it more than the OJ series.

Darren Criss was chillingly excelllent as Cunanan (someone I hadn't much backround knowledge on at all). I felt he played the role like a cross between Tom Ripley and Patrick Bateman. I also thought the guy who played David Madson, Cody Fern, was particularly good. His death affected me the most.

All in all, I found this whole season riveting to watch and it's hard to think about how much homophobia was around just 20 years ago. The scene where Ricky Martin's character is basically shunned by everyone after his partner's murder was difficult to fathom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Has anyone been watching the above over recent weeks?
    Not a huge film/tv buff but this series (9 episodes) has been detailing the months/years leading up to the murder of the famous fashion designer by the serial killer Andrew Cunanan.

He killed a number of people leading up to the murder of Versacce before killing himself with a gunshot to the temple. Cunanan was a drifter type who lived on the edges of the celebrity gay scene and had encounters with various men.

Some great acting in it and the series jumps forwards and backwards in a nice way pinning the various pieces of the story together. It aired in the US in early January.

The 5th episode is aired as a repeat this Friday night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

This is a real struggle to get through. First couple of episodes are good but the middle few, which move backwards in time are just so annoying. I already know that guy's dead, why do I need to know about his experience being in the navy??

Pelvis wrote: »
    This is a real struggle to get through. First couple of episodes are good but the middle few, which move backwards in time are just so annoying. I already know that guy's dead, why do I need to know about his experience being in the navy??

I guess it is trying to show how difficult it was to be a gay person back then and perhaps shows how David Madson was reluctant to go to the police after Jeff Trail was killed by Cunanan.

Catching the last episode after 10 minutes had gone I did think I was watching a repeat but I think it has worked well so far. It is a long series with 9 episodes but I have found it enjoyable.

Final episode of this aired on Wednesday night.
    A great series.
    The 8th episode was one of the best where it delved back into Cunanan's childhood. The guy playing his father was superb and we got a bit of an idea of the crazy upbringing he had.

It turned out that his father did get a job as a stockbroker with Merrill Lynch but started to missell products to elderly clients and presumably everything went bust in the '87 stock crash.

The series touched on some rather strange things and left questions unanswered - like the scene where his father is putting him to bed and the spectre of him abusing his own kid is left open.

Versace's partner was shown up to be treated pretty badly - the scene in the church where the priest refused more than the handshake.

Enjoyable series with some superb acting. Penelope Cruz wasn't great but otherwise well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I just got round to this, and found it very good. Would have been great had it been condensed into 6 episodes. Still, high quality stuff and some brilliant performances, obviously from the lead who was chillingly good.

Advertisement