Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A predictable Sanchez - Mane for me this week

It's really really really killing me to post after my recent ban as I said I would abstain from posting again but why is everybody buying Mane when Firmino is the LFC midfielder to buy ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's really really really killing me to post after my recent ban as I said I would abstain from posting again but why is everybody buying Mane when Firmino is the LFC midfielder to buy ?

For me personally, Firminho is incredibly frustrating. Also, I get the feeling that Mane is a better captaincy choice, especially in away fixtures.

A few Liverpool-supporting mates also saying that Mane is probably better over the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm bringing in Coutinho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm perfectly set up for GW26 and not too bad when it comes to GW28...

Heaton - Jaku
    Baines - Coleman - Brunt - Chambers* - Daniels
    Alli* - Eriksen* - Sanchez** - Sigurdsson - Phillips
    Lukaku - Kane* - Crouch*

(*misses one game, * misses two games)

14 for GW26 and 8 for GW28 (assuming City and Stoke also have a blank)

Will probably do Sanchez to Mane too.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm bringing in Coutinho

I'd bring Coutinho or Firmino before Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

ElTel wrote: »
    Why take a hit for Mawson to bench him?

Because I'm struggling with the idea of benching Phillips and if I want Costa & Lukaku up front and Phillips in my midfield I can only play 3 at the back plus Mawson has Chelsea this week and I'm looking to bank my Ft next week to see if I need to make any change ahead of GW28
    If he didn't have Chelsea I probably would buy him and play him and bench Philips but Philips has the better fixture this week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Goal threat

km79 wrote: »
    Goal threat

Just like early season when we had only the league to focus on - the goals will come from all over midfield.

I'm convinced we will finish top 3. I think Firmino will out score the rest.

I'd would rather spend on Lallana than Mane.

It will be shared all around the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Welcome back. I'm glad someone else shares my opinion, I thought I was going mad!

Strongly considering Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Mane has 11 goals and 6 assists despite missing 3 full games
    Firminio 8 goals and 6 assists missing 1 full game

Coutinho 5 goals and 6 assists despite missing 7 games - I had him earlier, and he would be the one I would look to buy, but he has been terrible since he returned from injury. I therefore got Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Seaba wrote: »
    Coutinho 5 goals and 6 assists despite missing 7 games - I had him earlier, and he would be the one I would look to buy, but he has been terrible since he returned from injury. I therefore got Mane.

Very true.
    Only thing making me lean towards Coutinho however is that he didn't really look fit imho.

A two week break/sunshine training camp would help fix that so am prepared to take a gamble on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

One of the main reasons people are getting mane over coutinho or firmino is because mane scored 2 goals in the last game. If firmino or coutinho had scored 2 goals last game a lot of people would be getting them now instead. When I do move for one of them im not sure which one it will be be as I think all 3 are good options. I'd probably slightly prefer firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I already have Firmino in my team and I'd get Mane in aswell for Jesus if it wasn't for the fact that's he down as a midfielder and not a forward

One of the main reasons people are getting mane over coutinho or firmino is because mane scored 2 goals in the last game. If firmino or coutinho had scored 2 goals last game a lot of people would be getting them now instead. When I do move for one of them im not sure which one it will be be as I think all 3 are good options. I'd probably slightly prefer firmino

Regardless of DGW's I think double LFC midfield will become something again.

They'll finish top 3.

I'll be buying 2 in my WC and sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Not true on my behalf, if Coutinho or Firmino had scored twice I would still have got Mane, actually I'm a bit annoyed he got those 2 goals because now everyone is getting him.
    I've never had Firmino but I had Coutinho 3 times (in FPL not real life) and he got injured each time, and Mane is playing centre forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just like early season when we had only the league to focus on - the goals will come from all over midfield.

I'm convinced we will finish top 3. I think Firmino will out score the rear.

I'd would rather spend on Lallana than Mane.

It will be shared all around the midfield.

Welcome back. Now to disagree with you! :)

Firmino has produced less goals and assists than his OOP position and great shooting stats suggest he should.

There is a very good comparison of their stats and returns here...
    https://fantasticmusings.wordpress.com/2017/02/22/failminoexposed/

As with all stats they are open to be interpreted differently, but it indicates a case for Mane having been the best FPL option, especially when all 4 of their mid options have been playing together. In 12 games where they all played Mane is the clear leader, with Couts second.

patmac wrote: »
    Not true on my behalf, if Coutinho or Firmino had scored twice I would still have got Mane, actually I'm a bit annoyed he got those 2 goals because now everyone is getting him.
    I've never had Firmino but I had Coutinho 3 times (in FPL not real life) and he got injured each time, and Mane is playing centre forward.

Mane is not playing centre forward.

patmac wrote: »

And that's the way to play the game imo have your mind made up and stick to the decision despite the most recent outcome. Its why I got alli in over eriksen just before Xmas. The form was saying eriksen but I fancied alli as a bigger goal threat. The reason to change your mind on options should be based on major changes like a change in starting positions or somebody assuming or losing penalty or set piece responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Done Alexis to Mane

Now looking at Iwobi to Coutinho or Firmino. Have always been leaning towards Coutinho due to his earlier season form. Appreciate he got injured & didn't look the same since return but felt it was rushed. Think the break will help and he could explode.

Only doubt is Firmino who is playing centre forward.

Been holding off til closer the deadline to finalise for a -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

With the City DGW coming up forces me to get rid of Sanchez this week.

Going to be an interesting 3GW!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Alexis to Mane, best potential out of the 3 IMO for FF returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Contemplating a -4 of Ibra to Costa as a one week punt and benching Daniels.
    I was planning to hold Ibra but the City news means I'll likely be selling him for Kun next week anyway.
    Ibra --> Costa(-4) --> Aguero

I made a bad mistake this week making an early transfer. No more early transfers for me unless I have just the exact money required to make a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I made a bad mistake this week making an early transfer. No more early transfers for me unless I have just the exact money required to make a move.
    What was the transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

spock. wrote: »
    Ibra --> Costa(-4) --> Aguero

Did the exact same myself with a view towards doing the same move next gameweek for Kun.

If I had of kept Ibra I would have had to have played Kone against Everton this week so easiest -4 decision ever really

What was the transfer?

Sanchez to hazard . Its a good move for this week and I had 8 players in place for gw 28 with 2 FTS so was well set up. However with Liverpool now having a gw 28 fixture and the potential dgw in 27 I'd have played things differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sanchez to hazard . Its a good move for this week and I had 8 players in place for gw 28 with 2 FTS so was well set up. However with Liverpool now having a gw 28 fixture and the potential dgw in 27 I'd have played things differently.

What would you have done? I still have Sanchez and was going to get Mane in this week but not sure what to do now with the possible DGW next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

What was the transfer?

Was going to do the same myself but said I'd wait until after FA cup and went with Mane instead. Did Ibra to Costa last week and might not have done it with the MC DGW but might just do Costa -> Aguero next week

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    What would you have done? I still have Sanchez and was going to get Mane in this week but not sure what to do now with the possible DGW next week.

I'd have done Sanchez to a Liverpool mid or Sanchez to Snodgrass and Carroll to Costa for a -4. I'd then have done Costa to aguero next week for free. It will probably work out fine as a lot of the time when you think ahead in this game it doesn't work out.

Advertisement