Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There's gonna be a double game week soon for some clubs right?

Gw 34 or 37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rikand wrote: »
    Would love to get Robbie Brady in, on set pieces and only 5.5 million

And surely as their new most expensive player he is going to be starting every game, after scoring that goal

Is he classed a defender or a mid?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

I've found success this year by keeping things simple and not overthinking transfers. Sanchez to haz makes sense doesn't it? Sanchez has two blanks and pool away in gw27, likely to drop a few .1m. Haz has good fixtures and should rise a small bit.

I've had Sanchez since the start so I'm reluctant to sell even though it makes such sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Ibra to Lukaku
    Sanchez to Siggy (maybe)

I'll be waiting till after this week to make any changes so everything is up in the air at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he classed a defender or a mid?

Midfielder unfortunately.

I think this entire forum would have transferred him in on his first day if he was classed as a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Looking at the Price changes thread it looks like a lot of people did Alli to Mane and Lukaku to Ibra, I think I am very reluctantly going to have to bite the bullet on Sanchez and Mane is the obvious replacement, also thinking Ibra to Costa and Valencia to Alonso for -8, or maybe keep Ibra for GW27.
    I can't see the point in keeping Sanchez until after the cup next weekend so may do part one of that transfer tonight, anyone else thinking along the same lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Fant11 wrote: »
    I've found success this year by keeping things simple and not overthinking transfers. Sanchez to haz makes sense doesn't it? Sanchez has two blanks and pool away in gw27, likely to drop a few .1m. Haz has good fixtures and should rise a small bit.

I've had Sanchez since the start so I'm reluctant to sell even though it makes such sense.

This is the most logical transfer. Assuming most people have Ibra and Sanchez, then transferring one of the them for Costa/Hazard is the only move. If you have both then Sanchez has Liverpool in GW27 and Ibra has Bournemouth.

Also unless ur losing money on a transfer then leave it till next week. I got Sanchez at 11.3 so I can afford him to drop 0.1, so I'll wait until either he is about to drop again or Hazard is about to rise. Or I could just wait and say f**k it, its 0.1 or 0.2, it is not going to make or break my season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Why the move of Sanchez to Hazard? Does he not have a blank in GW 28 TBC? I need to ship Ibra & Sanchez myself but the options available are not great. Antonio possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Why the move of Sanchez to Hazard? Does he not have a blank in GW 28 TBC? I need to ship Ibra & Sanchez myself but the options available are not great. Antonio possibly

Yeah not a lot of midfield options from the 6 teams who definitely have games - Siggy, Chadli, Markovic, Barkley, King or Lanzini would be my picks from each of 6 teams.

Prefer Lanzini to Antonio personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yoshida to Coleman done. Will only be able to field 10 as is so may make another transfer... leaning towards keeping Sanchez though - bought him at 11.8 but honestly not arsed with value or price drops any more

Hazard next 5 Gw: Swa(h), WHU (a), blank, Stoke (a), Palace (h).

Sanchez next 5: blank, pool (a), blank, WBA (a), City (h).

I bought Sanchez at 11.0 so will sell now for 11.4. Hopefully make .1 profit on Hazard and buy back Sanchez at around 11.6ish. Only lose .1 or .2.

Have no other Chelsea attacking coverage so I think taking all the above into consideration it is a goer. Get Sanchez back for gw31 prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Assuming Andy Carroll returns to fitness, I think I'll keep Zlatan.

Have enough money to get Mané and Hazard in for Stanislas and Sanchez for a hit. Pedro also an option if price changes don't go my way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It's also been suggested that Chelsea may not have a blank in GW28 as they are down for MNF. So in theory their cup game could be selected for the previous Friday by the BBC who've used such a slot this year already. Would the league game go ahead if this was the schedule?

Lot of ifs there obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Everybody lets get Kun back in for GW26!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bantee wrote: »
    Everybody lets get Kun back in for GW26!

I'm getting gabbiadini as well for a hit

• Advertisement

2 free transfers and IBRA dropping tonight.

Could sell him for this week and hopefully make a profit in the next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just looking at the fixtures, Is Ibra an essential for GW 27? Finding it hard to sell

Just looking at the fixtures, Is Ibra an essential for GW 27? Finding it hard to sell

Yeah, for sure, keep.

Fant11 wrote: »

Yeah, for sure, keep.
    And then go through the near miss heartbreak that goes with captaining him
    Not looking forward to it again !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sanchez to hazard done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    And then go through the near miss heartbreak that goes with captaining him
    Not looking forward to it again !

He's the standout captain that week. May yet not captain but definitely want to own.

Whether he's essential, or even worth his price at all after that...I just posted on that in the General thread.

It's also been suggested that Chelsea may not have a blank in GW28 as they are down for MNF. So in theory their cup game could be selected for the previous Friday by the BBC who've used such a slot this year already. Would the league game go ahead if this was the schedule?

Thats a serious long shot. Technically possible but highly, highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sanchez to hazard done.

I did this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Why all this rush for transfers? Next GW is in a fortnight and there are CL, EL & Cups games to come....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

iroced wrote: »
    Why all this rush for transfers? Next GW is in a fortnight and there are CL, EL & Cups games to come....

Taking out Ibra and Sanchez for Hazard and Lukaku, if someone wanted to make such moves, carries very little risk. The first 2 almost certainly have 2 blanks in the next 3, Hazard is unlikely to play in the cup and Everton are out of the cup, so won't play until GW26.

Obviously training ground injuries happen but it's a calculated risk to save/make value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

iroced wrote: »

Hazard doesn't play in them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Rage transferred Jesus to Lukaku last night. Doubt it'll end there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ibra to Costa done to beat the drop last night. Might also do Sanchez to Hazard but will wait till next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Benimar wrote: »
    Taking out Ibra and Sanchez for Hazard and Lukaku, if someone wanted to make such moves, carries very little risk. The first 2 almost certainly have 2 blanks in the next 3, Hazard is unlikely to play in the cup and Everton are out of the cup, so won't play until GW26.

Obviously training ground injuries happen but it's a calculated risk to save/make value.
    Hazard doesn't play in them :pac:
    Yeah but you could have other players getting injured and becoming more pressing transfers. And there's alwyas the possibility of a training ground injury or else.

What I don't quite get is if you sell Sanchez for Hazard, money is no issue. And anyway with Aguero out of favour and Ibra/Kane/Hazard late runs, there is no premium must have bar Sanchez and to a lesser extent Costa (he's clearly been less prolific lately). So for any player who paid attention to his team value up to now, money should not be an issue at all.
    So why taking the risk? Building team value up to DGW34/37?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Probably would IF that happened, but the first choice is to BBC/BT. They won't care if Chelsea have a game. If they want Chelsea, and their slot is a Sat/Sun, they won't move it just to help Chelsea out.

So yes, it could happen, but unlikely IMO.

• Advertisement

Asking for trouble making transfers so early would so many games to be played in between
    FA cup shocks happen which will affect 28
    I'm waiting till all that is clear
    As last night showed injuries can happen very easily with no contact from any other player ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Lukaku yellow flagged now with a calf injury.
    Will be holding off on any transfers until a day or two before the next gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probably would IF that happened, but the first choice is to BBC/BT. They won't care if Chelsea have a game. If they want Chelsea, and their slot is a Sat/Sun, they won't move it just to help Chelsea out.

So yes, it could happen, but unlikely IMO.

Actually I've just seen that Wales Ireland rugby is on the Friday night on BBC, so I think its a complete non-runner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Ibra to Costa
    Jesus to Lukaku
    2 FTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mane in for Sanchez and Lukaku in for Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    Yoshida to Coleman done. Will only be able to field 10 as is so may make another transfer... leaning towards keeping Sanchez though - bought him at 11.8 but honestly not arsed with value or price drops any more

-8 for me so

KDB and Jesus to Mané and Costa now done also. Not a penny left in the jar. Armband on Costa currently, and the benefit of having a player on the bench - Fernandez - tho that didn't work out last time round.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Why is Gabbiadini one of the most transferred in players? Do people not realise that he isn't playing next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Jesus out with broken foot so that's 1 transfer I will be forced into making as I can't rely on Costa & Barnes until I have 2 FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Redo91 wrote: »
    Why is Gabbiadini one of the most transferred in players? Do people not realise that he isn't playing next week?

Don't tell them..... Damn casuals.

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »

A lot could be wildcard value chasing transfers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mané and Barkley in for Sanchez and Stanislas.

Went with Barkley over Hazard/Pedro as a differential punt (in my own head at least) - Everton at home to Sunderland could be a bloodbath on current form

Seaba wrote: »
    Lukaku yellow flagged now with a calf injury.
    Will be holding off on any transfers until a day or two before the next gameweek.

He's not flagged for me.

EDIT: he is now. Logged out and back in and he was flagged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's not flagged for me.

Is here .

Was flagged 9 hours ago

https://twitter.com/FPLTracker/status/831444144182669312

Lucas Hood wrote: »

For those who know how these things work, why is he flagged when the Everton statement says he WILL be fit for GW27??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Hes injured cis he didn't attend their foreign training camp

I'm thinkjng that could potentially be a reward and a way to wrap him in cotton wool as much as an actual injury

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

For those who know how these things work, why is he flagged when the Everton statement says he WILL be fit for GW27??
    Well GW26 is next so........:D

km79 wrote: »
    Well GW26 is next so........:D

Har-de-Har-Har

He will be fit for GW26 too for anyone who hasnt read the report

Fit for Sunderland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think I've been talked round to Sanchez -> Hazard. Will hold off as long as I can, though; I got Alexis at 10.9 so one drop won't affect my SP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hes injured cis he didn't attend their foreign training camp

I'm thinkjng that could potentially be a reward and a way to wrap him in cotton wool as much as an actual injury

A lot of us Everton fans think the same from what i'm reading on twitter.

It's just a rest for him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Thinking of taking a -4 to get Mane and Lukaku for Alli and Jesus

• Advertisement
Advertisement