Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Buy a player for 10. He rises to 10.6 ..I sell him. I should get 10.3 to spend right?

That hasn't happened for me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

Very early to be considering transfers given the FA cup games but for you guys is value the over-riding thought behind keeping Ibra and Sanchez this week?

Allow me to think out loud and weigh up my options since its Sunday, I'm bored and have had too much coffee .:) ... I have both Sanchez and Ibra but have next to no money tied up in them (was late to the party with both) so thinking about a short term punt and maybe taking a -8 to get them and Benteke out for the likes of Kane/Costa/8.8mid perhaps Erikson?

As it stands I'd still have up to 8 for GW 28 with Foster, Brunt, Coleman, Amat, Siggy, Lukaku, Phillips and Stanislas.

Probably madness, but looks like they will all drop so could get them back for cheaper than I have them for right now and a decent return in GW 26 could negate the points hit if any of them score well. Could keep Benteke of course and take a -4, but he's hemorrhaging value and scoring f*ck all and I hate him.

Could also bank and sill field 11 this coming week but the devil on my shoulder says where's the fun in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Buy a player for 10. He rises to 10.6 ..I sell him. I should get 10.3 to spend right?

That hasn't happened for me at all

Yes, that should happen. Look at your transfer page with List View and it'll show you purchase price, current price and selling price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

COH wrote: »
    Very early to be considering transfers given the FA cup games but for you guys is value the over-riding thought behind keeping Ibra and Sanchez this week?

Allow me to think out loud and weigh up my options since its Sunday, I'm bored and have had too much coffee .:) ... I have both Sanchez and Ibra but have next to no money tied up in them (was late to the party with both) so thinking about a short term punt and maybe taking a -8 to get them and Benteke out for the likes of Kane/Costa/8.8mid perhaps Erikson?

As it stands I'd still have up to 8 for GW 28 with Foster, Brunt, Coleman, Amat, Siggy, Lukaku, Phillips and Stanislas.

Probably madness, but looks like they will all drop so could get them back for cheaper than I have them for right now and a decent return in GW 26 could negate the points hit if any of them score well. Could keep Benteke of course and take a -4, but he's hemorrhaging value and scoring f*ck all and I hate him.

Could also bank and sill field 11 this coming week but the devil on my shoulder says where's the fun in that.

I was going to hold sanchez but I only have 0.2m tied up in him and with 2 blanks and liverpool away in 3 GWs it just makes sense to ship him for the three weeks the more I think about it. I can sell him for 11.6 now, and I imagine he will be close enough to that when I want to get him back in for GW29, if not even lower. It's a lot of money to have tied up for 2 blank GWs in quick succession if you don't have a lot of value tied up imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Alli to Hazard.
    jesus to Lukaku for a (-4)

Will ship Sanchez out Next Week more than likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Alli to Hazard.
    jesus to Lukaku for a (-4)

Will ship Sanchez out Next Week more than likely.

Why would you not sell Sanchez instead instead of alli this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is holding me back from shipping Sanchez & Ibra is not value, it's the fact that there no real premium players to take a punt on as none are playing in GW28 (I have Lukaku and Siggy)

So do I take a hit for one GW when I can play 11 anyway or do I transfer for a player playing 3/3 next GWs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

So hazard was awful today .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    So hazard was awful today .........

Apart the goal against Arsenal, haven't seen anything from him over the last few weeks to persuade me to get him back in.

Apart the goal against Arsenal, haven't seen anything from him over the last few weeks to persuade me to get him back in.

I'm now thinking Sanchez to Pedro and then Alli to Sanchez in 3 weeks

All depends on FA cup though
    Spurs losing changes things

Also considering mane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Strongly considering Ibra, Sanchez and Chambers to Costa, Mane, Baines.

But no moves will be made til very late in the day when I know exactly where I stand with GW28.

Why would you not sell Sanchez instead instead of alli this gw.

I don't plan to sell Sanchez at all as I've had him since very early and have made a lot on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't plan to sell Sanchez at all as I've had him since very early and have made a lot on him.

Oh you said you will sell Sanchez in your op though.Had him all season myself I reckon he will be 11.6 max by the time I get him back get 11.4 for selling now.

Oh you said you will sell Sanchez in your op though.Had him all season myself I reckon he will be 11.6 max by the time I get him back get 11.4 for selling now.

Ah, apologies you're right I was meant to edit that out as I changed my mind when I saw what I bought him for originally :pac:

I can ake one more drop before it's affects my sale price
    I can sell for 11.3 and reckon he will prob be 11.6 or maybe even less if he blanks against Liverpool before another blank
    I can handle that tbh rather than having that money on the bench for 2/3 weeks
    All depends on FA cup ties though
    I could also do Ibra to costa but want him for 27
    Or be very boring and do yoshida to Robertson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

His home form is consistent though.. returns in 8/12 games. Has produced against the minnows particularly - next 3 home games are Swansea, Watford and Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ibra to Costa done (sure we'll worry about Ibras easy GW27 game another time).
    Sterling to Mane a possibility (sure we'll worry about GW28 players another time).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Probably Sanchez + Crouch -> (currently) £7.6m max "enabler'' + Lukaku

Having both Kane & Lukaku + baby troll Phillips is probably troll overkill for one team but it's currently the sensiblest moves I can think of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

There's gonna be a double game week soon for some clubs right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would love to get Robbie Brady in, on set pieces and only 5.5 million

And surely as their new most expensive player he is going to be starting every game, after scoring that goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There's gonna be a double game week soon for some clubs right?

Gw 34 or 37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rikand wrote: »
    Would love to get Robbie Brady in, on set pieces and only 5.5 million

And surely as their new most expensive player he is going to be starting every game, after scoring that goal

Is he classed a defender or a mid?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

I've found success this year by keeping things simple and not overthinking transfers. Sanchez to haz makes sense doesn't it? Sanchez has two blanks and pool away in gw27, likely to drop a few .1m. Haz has good fixtures and should rise a small bit.

I've had Sanchez since the start so I'm reluctant to sell even though it makes such sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Ibra to Lukaku
    Sanchez to Siggy (maybe)

I'll be waiting till after this week to make any changes so everything is up in the air at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he classed a defender or a mid?

Midfielder unfortunately.

I think this entire forum would have transferred him in on his first day if he was classed as a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Looking at the Price changes thread it looks like a lot of people did Alli to Mane and Lukaku to Ibra, I think I am very reluctantly going to have to bite the bullet on Sanchez and Mane is the obvious replacement, also thinking Ibra to Costa and Valencia to Alonso for -8, or maybe keep Ibra for GW27.
    I can't see the point in keeping Sanchez until after the cup next weekend so may do part one of that transfer tonight, anyone else thinking along the same lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Fant11 wrote: »
    I've found success this year by keeping things simple and not overthinking transfers. Sanchez to haz makes sense doesn't it? Sanchez has two blanks and pool away in gw27, likely to drop a few .1m. Haz has good fixtures and should rise a small bit.

I've had Sanchez since the start so I'm reluctant to sell even though it makes such sense.

This is the most logical transfer. Assuming most people have Ibra and Sanchez, then transferring one of the them for Costa/Hazard is the only move. If you have both then Sanchez has Liverpool in GW27 and Ibra has Bournemouth.

Also unless ur losing money on a transfer then leave it till next week. I got Sanchez at 11.3 so I can afford him to drop 0.1, so I'll wait until either he is about to drop again or Hazard is about to rise. Or I could just wait and say f**k it, its 0.1 or 0.2, it is not going to make or break my season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Why the move of Sanchez to Hazard? Does he not have a blank in GW 28 TBC? I need to ship Ibra & Sanchez myself but the options available are not great. Antonio possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Why the move of Sanchez to Hazard? Does he not have a blank in GW 28 TBC? I need to ship Ibra & Sanchez myself but the options available are not great. Antonio possibly

Yeah not a lot of midfield options from the 6 teams who definitely have games - Siggy, Chadli, Markovic, Barkley, King or Lanzini would be my picks from each of 6 teams.

Prefer Lanzini to Antonio personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yoshida to Coleman done. Will only be able to field 10 as is so may make another transfer... leaning towards keeping Sanchez though - bought him at 11.8 but honestly not arsed with value or price drops any more

Advertisement