Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 Questions

Options

Comments

I misread, I thought he was between 45 and 65

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I misread, I thought he was between 45 and 65

saturday night live has a 2016 emmy nomination for director and larry david has appeared on this in 2016. Does that rule him out?

Edit ted danson is similarly ruled out for his work on fargo
    Edit2 judd hirsch also ruled out for work on the big bangtheory ? Alan alda out for the blacklist

(Need to reread the exact questions at this stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

It could be some of the male cast from Arrested Development; Will Arnett, Jason Bateman although they have only received Emmy nominations while the show itself recieved an emmy. Does that count? More of a clarification than a question per-say ...

Qustuon for the masses

I was going to say Jeffrey Tambor but he won an Emmy recently so does that rule him out?

Edit: actually he was in a show which was nominated so I think that rules him out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

tritium wrote: »
    saturday night live has a 2016 emmy nomination for director and larry david has appeared on this in 2016. Does that rule him out?

Edit ted danson is similarly ruled out for his work on fargo
    Edit2 judd hirsch also ruled out for work on the big bangtheory ? Alan alda out for the blacklist

(Need to reread the exact questions at this stage)

Is sat night live a chat show? Would an appeareance on this rule him out? I mean who would know everyones appearance on a chat show?

wally79 wrote: »
    Qustuon for the masses

I was going to say Jeffrey Tambor but he won an Emmy recently so does that rule him out?

Edit: actually he was in a show which was nominated so I think that rules him out

Might be useful to get andys interpretive view (not a question:) ) if an emmy nomination is associated with a show even in a broader category, for example if an actress is nominated for their work on the show, does this count in terms of emmy questions on the show. Most sources would link them but does andys answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Might be useful to get andys interpretive view (not a question:) ) if an emmy nomination is associated with a show even in a broader category, for example if an actress is nominated for their work on the show, does this count in terms of emmy questions on the show. Most sources would link them but does andys answer

don't quite understand the question

If your referring to chat shows ect i believe the original question was "Has a show he starred in (as a regular) been nominated for an Emmy in the last 10 years?"

As that is the only question referring to nominations so far

edit: Reread the question, yes it would count but irrelevant in this case ;)

John lithgow ticks several boxes as far as i can tell. Anyone know if theres any gaps ive missed that might invalidate him?

He also appears to be one of a select handful whove managed to not appear ibthe big bang theory :)

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is sat night live a chat show? Would an appeareance on this rule him out? I mean who would know everyones appearance on a chat show?

I think he hosted and also had a recurring role playing bernie saunders

Any thoights on last question folks. I think it might be useful to either ask about awards for theatre or as a writer/director. Happy to take a group steer though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

I think he hosted and also had a recurring role playing bernie saunders

Any thoights on last question folks. I think it might be useful to either ask about awards for theatre or as a writer/director. Happy to take a group steer though

I'm completely stumped with this one so I'll leave it up to others to decide. I don't really know what approach would help whittle the options down a bit. Asking a question about if he had a role as a writer/director could help I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Split the alphabet? Like does his last name fall A-M or N-Z

Not a Q Andy just suggesting, I know none of the people mentioned here

• Advertisement

Craig t nelson might also be an outsider in the running

Candidates so far

John lithgow
    Larry David (possible dq due to SNL role)
    Craig t nelson

Anyone else?

Split the alphabet? Like does his last name fall A-M or N-Z

Not a Q Andy just suggesting, I know none of the people mentioned here

Clever idea, would need ro be confident that weve enough info with other questions

Feck it, two questions left, one of which we need for our guess. 2-3 candidates so far. All a bit stumped. Im going to guess on one of the options and if (when?) Im wrong let someone else pick from the remainder or A N Other...

John lithgow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Feck it, two questions left, one of which we need for our guess. 2-3 candidates so far. All a bit stumped. Im going to guess on one of the options and if (when?) Im wrong let someone else pick from the remainder or A N Other...

John lithgow

Yes

Well done trit

Your turn

Its a person

Its a person

Male?

Male?

1 yes

Is he an actor?

andy125 wrote: »
    Yes

Well done trit

Your turn

I hate to be a pedant but he has been in 2 shows, albeit in minor roles, which had Emmy nominations in the past 4 years (Louie and drunk history)

Maybe we need to be clearer in our questions as I can see where it could be read either way

Dan man wrote: »
    Is he an actor?

2 no

For full disclosure he has had some small roles but isnt usually thought of as an actor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I hate to be a pedant but he has been in 2 shows, albeit in minor roles, which had Emmy nominations in the past 4 years (Louie and drunk history)

Maybe we need to be clearer in our questions as I can see where it could be read either way

this

2 no

For full disclosure he has had some small roles but isnt an actor

is he a musicin?

Is he American?

is he an american musicim

Tigger wrote: »
    is he a musicin?

No,

again full disclosure he has done some minor and/or obscure dabbling but wouldnt be considered a musician, generally people wouldnt associate him with this

Dan man wrote: »
    Is he American?

4 yes

Tigger wrote: »
    is he an american musicim

Answered already

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Politician?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Politician?

5 no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Involved in science in any way (even if not specifically a scientist)?

Advertisement