Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway from Dublin to Sligo Needed Badly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

John_Rambo wrote: »
    No, read the posts again, slowly this time. :)

I've bolded the important bits to help you understand.

I said I live in a part of Dublin that has excellent public transport and amenities.

Then I said that the newer neglected parts needed to be bought up to standard.

There are a lot of older neglected parts too.

Dublin's idyllic areas for public transport tend to be entirely located along the DART and 46A route and the Green Luas line (nearly parallel to the DART and 46A route).

Examples of older areas that are not well served: Drumcondra, Rathfarnham, Tallaght, Swords, Finglas, Ballymun, Walkinstown .... list is endless.

The City Centre is at best patchy. You've a nice area around Grafton Street and the southside Georgian area.

Cross the bridge, and you've one decent street: Henry Street/Mary Street. The rest is absolutely destroyed. With the exception of part of Stoneybatter, and maybe a bit of Phibsboro and Fairview, the entire north inner city is an absolute kip. I walked from Smithfield to O'Connell Street recently one street back from the quays and frankly it's frighteningly bad. There are buildings nearly falling down and it's just an ugly heap.

I'm not trying to slag Dublin off, it has a lot of potential to be a nice city, but it is not making use of most of it at present.

Also the junkie problem is completely off the scale. If you've lived basically anywhere else, including Belfast or Cork - but I'm talking any continental city or most US cities, there simply are not junkies walking around everywhere asking for money. I was sitting outside a cafe last week and I was literally harassed by junkies about 4 times in the space of the time it takes to drink a coffee. That does not happen anywhere else I've been.

Burying our heads in the sand and pretending that Dublin's some kind of wonderland is just kidding ourselves or living in some kind of bubble where you ignore the reality of the city outside your own suburban niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

So you’re basically long windedly agreeing with me. There are parts of Dublin well serviced, but the other parts need massive investment.

And… one decent street on the Northside?? Come off it, you’re clueless of your own capital if you think that’s the case!! Some of the most interesting streets are in the North inner city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

No. I live in Dublin where myself and most of my peers, family and neighbours live in large semi detached houses close to parks and beaches in crime free areas close to the city with excellent public transport links and great amenities.

There is a housing shortage. It needs to be addressed and money needs to be redirected back to the city to sort out issues.

But this barstool Sunday World talk of Dublin being a crime ridden cesspit where everyone lives in cramped one bedroom apartments is tiresome.

I guess this barstool talk is directed at me, well I am only talking about my experience of when I lived in Dublin.
    You have obviously had a very different experience than me and seem to live in a much wealthier area than I have ever lived in.

The reason I brought up the things about Dublin was in direct response to a very annoying comment another poster made that standard of Living in Sligo is horrific compared to Dublin.
    I wanted to point out that there are negatives to living in Dublin, and its not the utopia compared to the rest of Ireland that he was making it out to be...

I agree with you that there are some much nicer areas in Dublin which don't suffer the same issues, I also agree that there are many advantages to living in Dublin compared to other places in Ireland. But there are also dis-advantages and I would not agree in any way that the standard of living in Sligo or any other part of Ireland is horrific compared to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

So you can chuck more money into infrastructure up in Dublin to alleviate the problems up there ... how long until its swallowed up again and then needs another lot of money to address the situation up there. You cannot keep throwing money at situations all the time as a solution to something.

Maybe the solution should be more people should move out of Dublin to the outskirts or maybe further ....and commute or get a job to where they have moved to , and alleviate problems that are occurring up there because too much population in one area (or areas)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I guess this barstool talk is directed at me, well I am only talking about my experience of when I lived in Dublin.
    You have obviously had a very different experience than me and seem to live in a much wealthier area than I have ever lived in.

The reason I brought up the things about Dublin was in direct response to a very annoying comment another poster made that standard of Living in Sligo is horrific compared to Dublin.
    I wanted to point out that there are negatives to living in Dublin, and its not the utopia compared to the rest of Ireland that he was making it out to be...

I agree with you that there are some much nicer areas in Dublin which don't suffer the same issues, I also agree that there are many advantages to living in Dublin compared to other places in Ireland. But there are also dis-advantages and I would not agree in any way that the standard of living in Sligo or any other part of Ireland is horrific compared to Dublin.

You shouldn’t need to run somewhere down to enhance were you live. Especially Sligo, it's a cracking place. One of my go-to places for staycations, I love it and visit at least twice a year, I’ve a good few friends there, they have an amazing lifestyle. As do I in Dublin! :)

We can all go down the anecdotal route. I saw something happen in broad daylight that I’ve never seen in Dublin on a main street in Sligo, but it doesn’t change my mind about the place. I’m not in the habit of the usual tit for tat running places down to prove where I live is better than where you live.
    So you can chuck more money into infrastructure up in Dublin to alleviate the problems up there ... how long until its swallowed up again and then needs another lot of money to address the situation up there. You cannot keep throwing money at situations all the time as a solution to something.

Maybe the solution should be more people should move out of Dublin to the outskirts or maybe further ....and commute or get a job to where they have moved to , and alleviate problems that are occurring up there because too much population in one area (or areas)

No. Stretching the burbs even further West won’t work. We need some level of high rise in the city centre, we need money redirected back to the city for public transport and cycle ways.

The best answer along with redirecting money back to Dublin would be a counterbalance. Massive, brave, innovative investment in to another city, Limerick or Sligo… proper investment, housing, public transport.. build it and they will come. Google, Facebook, whoever. Cities are more attractive places to live the world over. That’s why these companies set up in cities like Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I drove from Sligo to Dublin today. I think I counted something like 16 roundabouts between Sligo and Edgeworthstown in Longford. It's kind of mental really having so many of them on a national road.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I drove from Sligo to Dublin today. I think I counted something like 16 roundabouts between Sligo and Edgeworthstown in Longford. It's kind of mental really having so many of them on a national road.

And I'd say the bulk of them are in Longford. Hate that section of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

You shouldn’t need to run somewhere down to enhance were you live. Especially Sligo, it's a cracking place. One of my go-to places for staycations, I love it and visit at least twice a year, I’ve a good few friends there, they have an amazing lifestyle. As do I in Dublin! :)

We can all go down the anecdotal route. I saw something happen in broad daylight that I’ve never seen in Dublin on a main street in Sligo, but it doesn’t change my mind about the place. I’m not in the habit of the usual tit for tat running places down to prove where I live is better than where you live.

Fair comment, I guess I just reacted to that comment, I don't normally run down Dublin...

I guess that's where a proper dual carriageway by-pass with interchanges makes a big difference. There are an awful lot of roundabouts there, I know i'm glad when i get past them all....

agree - how did you do on traffic lights/signals on the route too? or didnt you find it too bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

agree - how did you do on traffic lights/signals on the route too? or didnt you find it too bad?
    theirs 2 sets one in carrick and the other in newtownforbes.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    theirs 2 sets one in carrick and the other in newtownforbes.

Thats not too bad then - there were loads more I travelled the route but that was years back ... most places must have been bypassed now.

are there many stretches along the route where you still have to slow down to 80kmh/50kmh apart from the obvious collooney to castlebaldwin? -

I suppose the existing N4 if it were upgraded wouldnt be too bad but all along the route you have all manor of junctions and with junctions there is always room for accidents and fatalities even if it be people pulling out from a side road turning right on an N-Road and sometimes leaving it very tight at the last minute or not judging the gap properly to pull out of the side turning and pulling out of cars going at high speed on N-Roads.

On Motorways (proper motorways, not N-Roads) you dont have any of those junctions along the rout, all you have is slip roads joining and exiting the motorway which is a hell of a lot safer 'junctions' - which also means you can more safely drive at speed limit or near to it, without having to worry about some eejit driver pulling out of a side road in front of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I suppose the existing N4 if it were upgraded wouldnt be too bad but all along the route you have all manor of junctions and with junctions there is always room for accidents and fatalities even if it be people pulling out from a side road turning right on an N-Road and sometimes leaving it very tight at the last minute or not judging the gap properly to pull out of the side turning and pulling out of cars going at high speed on N-Roads.

On Motorways (proper motorways, not N-Roads) you dont have any of those junctions along the rout, all you have is slip roads joining and exiting the motorway which is a hell of a lot safer 'junctions' - which also means you can more safely drive at speed limit or near to it, without having to worry about some eejit driver pulling out of a side road in front of you.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Charlestown bypass in Mayo. It's an N road built to really high spec. There's no crossing traffic for miles as they use slip roads and flyovers.

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't know if you're familiar with the Charlestown bypass in Mayo. It's an N road built to really high spec. There's no crossing traffic for miles as they use slip roads and flyovers.

dont think so, can you cut out charlestown now then when you come from Ballinacarrow N17 when going to Knock airport then? does it cut out Charlestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

dont think so, can you cut out charlestown now then when you come from Ballinacarrow N17 when going to Knock airport then? does it cut out Charlestown?

The Charlestown bypass is the N5 (Longford to Westport), not the N17.

The point being, the junction of N5 and N17 is a perfect example of how the primary road of the junction can be done as a single carriageway, but still have a proper grade-separated junction.

blackwhite wrote: »
    The Charlestown bypass is the N5 (Longford to Westport), not the N17.

The point being, the junction of N5 and N17 is a perfect example of how the primary road of the junction can be done as a single carriageway, but still have a proper grade-separated junction.

ah right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

ah right

The problem with trying to do a road with all junctions like that is cost.

The N5 has some great stretches with proper grade separated junctions on it, then you have bits like the Swinford bypass where it reverts to normal "at-grade" junctions with no slip roads at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flex_manion

If technology predictions come true, there'll be much less need to worry about long travel times. Cars will drive themselves, giving everyone inside extra nap time.

Basically, road conditions or road types won't matter anymore, coz you'll be asleep like.

So, it's pointless spending money on road upgrades IMHO.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This is one of the main problems with the "runway" single carraigeways built on the N4 and other similar routes in the last 30 years. Whilst they are straight and wide, there's frequent junctions and accesses impeding proper overtaking. Hence the plan for all the 2+2.

The N5 Charlestown is east/west and has a grade seperated junction and 1/2 access roads. Built to a very high standard. Charlestown is planned to be bypassed N-S by the N17 Knock-Tobercurry scheme.
    blackwhite wrote: »
    The problem with trying to do a road with all junctions like that is cost.

The N5 has some great stretches with proper grade separated junctions on it, then you have bits like the Swinford bypass where it reverts to normal "at-grade" junctions with no slip roads at all.

The likes of the Charlestown bypass will now be built as dual. The old wide S2 standard has been removed in favour of a 2+2 road. 2+2 is 16.5m wide whilst the wide S2 is 15m wide. Only 10% of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Recently drove along the road the other day. A simple 'cost' solution would be widen one side of the road thus giving more road space and stick lighting along the route and also reduce the speed limit. Its not the road that is dangerous its the people using it. People driving too fast, and not to mention the speed of large HGV's. Its only a couple of miles long, surely people can slow down for 5 minutes.

I know I'am not a regular user and probably not seeing the bigger picture, but the journey to Sligo will now be just another boring carriage way, with steel crash barriers and concrete bollards. I prefer the scenic route. I dont think a 5 or 6 mile stretch of road will bring jobs or companies to sligo? There is a motorway/carriage way from Dublin to Mullingar and Longford and their towns are no better off or have any new investment?

• Advertisement

Carson10 wrote: »
    Recently drove along the road the other day. A simple 'cost' solution would be widen one side of the road thus giving more road space and stick lighting along the route and also reduce the speed limit. Its not the road that is dangerous its the people using it. People driving too fast, and not to mention the speed of large HGV's. Its only a couple of miles long, surely people can slow down for 5 minutes.

I know I'am not a regular user and probably not seeing the bigger picture, but the journey to Sligo will now be just another boring carriage way, with steel crash barriers and concrete bollards. I prefer the scenic route. I dont think a 5 or 6 mile stretch of road will bring jobs or companies to sligo? There is a motorway/carriage way from Dublin to Mullingar and Longford and their towns are no better off or have any new investment?

Widening, reducing the speed limit, and lighting are all crazy in my opinion. Other than a few bottle necks around Carrick, Longford, and one/two others, and the current Coolloney/Castlebaldwin section, which is now due for improvement anyway, the rest is not to bad.

Coolloney/Castlebaldwin, yes, certainly does need widening to atleast the 2+2 road that is planned, the rest not really, unless they decide to by pass Carrick, and extend the motorway to Longford. Overtaking is generally quite easy on all the open sections, and on the most, not even necessary at times.

Reducing the Speed Limit, why? Only part I would only ever see considered, is Coolloney/Castlebaldwin, but that is now being upgraded, so can't ever being seen up for consideration. Other places, it may even cause accidents, due to inpatance of others.

As for lighting, only parts that need this is junctions, or towns, everywhere else, is more an eyesore, pollution, cost, and even sometimes a distraction.

you know the bit / stretch of roads with the white wooden crosses between Collooney and Castlebaldwin how about (until that road is upgraded which is a very long way off yet ) lowering the speed limit to 50mph (80kmh) max and 30mph ( 50km/h) on the bends/twisty part and a whole solid white no overtaking line throughout that stretch - and enforce it with some garda corp on that stretch of road and zero tolerance if anyone found breaking speed limit or overtaking? - to come into force immediately.

Just might save somebody elses life / near misses / non fatal as well as fatal accidents until the new carriageway opens in a few years time or whenever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The tender is supposed to be getting awarded late 2017 for works on that stretch so hopefully if it goes on time it should be completed maybe mid next year?

Unfortunately Andy, many see the speed limit as a target, or a challenge. I'd say I rarely drive a 100 on that road, even on the straights, wet weather or a bad night and the speed is right down. As for Traffic Corps, there are few spots where they could even position them selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Jayop wrote: »
    The tender is supposed to be getting awarded late 2017 for works on that stretch so hopefully if it goes on time it should be completed maybe mid next year?

Any updates on the N4 was on it a bit over the Xmas and disgrace in comparison to other major routes 16 fecking roundabouts from Sligo to M50 , the Castlebaldwin bit isn't the worst , Carrick is a bottleneck now and Longford to Mullingar can be very slow if stuck behind a kerb crawler.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

londonred wrote: »
    Any updates on the N4 was on it a bit over the Xmas and disgrace in comparison to other major routes 16 fecking roundabouts from Sligo to M50 , the Castlebaldwin bit isn't the worst , Carrick is a bottleneck now and Longford to Mullingar can be very slow if stuck behind a kerb crawler.

N4 Collooney-Castlebaldwin to start in late 2018

N4 Mullingar-Longford motorway/high quality dual carriageway is to restart planning shortly pending funding. Won't be on the ground this side of 2022 at the absolute earliest

Besides that, nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

marno21 wrote: »

N4 Mullingar-Longford motorway/high quality dual carriageway is to restart planning shortly pending funding. Won't be on the ground this side of 2022 at the absolute earliest

On a side-note:
    "Irish fast food chain Supermac's are planning to create up to 80 new jobs in Longford town through the development of a multi million euro service station"

If they build the motorway/high quality dual carriageway along the original planned route, Supermacs are building this service station just off one of the exits near Longford town.
    This exit will be used by people from the Mayo/Roscommon side as well - great foresight by Supermac's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

marvin80 wrote: »
    On a side-note:
    "Irish fast food chain Supermac's are planning to create up to 80 new jobs in Longford town through the development of a multi million euro service station"

If they build the motorway/high quality dual carriageway along the original planned route, Supermacs are building this service station just off one of the exits near Longford town.
    This exit will be used by people from the Mayo/Roscommon side as well - great foresight by Supermac's!!

Not the first time either, they had the Galway Plaza along the M6 up and running a year before the M18/M17 was finished adding extra traffic outside their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Saw this on SCC page.

SLIGO COUNTY COUNCIL TO RECEIVE ITS LARGEST ANNUAL ROADS FUNDING

Sligo County Council will receive an allocation of €17,661,027 for its Roads programme in 2018, which represents the largest ever annual allocation received by this Council from Transport Infrastructure Ireland /National Roads Authority. It compares with an allocation of €9,589,739 for 2017.

News of the funding was welcomed by the Cathaoirleach of Sligo County Council Councillor Seamus Kilgannon ‘This major investment in our national roads programme will enable us to progress a number of important projects. The upgrading of our transport infrastructure is hugely significant for Sligo and the Northwest, particularly in terms of enterprise and tourism.’

Sligo County Council’s Director of Services Tom Kilfeather said: The 2018 allocation from the TII represents a huge investment in Sligo. Most importantly we will see further progress on bringing the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin scheme closer to construction.’

Project details:

The allocation for 2018 will allow the following projects to progress:

N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Development Project €3,000,000

The 2018 allocation is down on 2017, as the 2017 budget included a significant allocation for land purchase. The 2018 allocation will enable the Council to complete the documentation required for the Tender process for the Main Contractor.

N17 Tubbercurry to Collooney €25,000
    For The first time in a number of years we have received an allocation in respect of the N17. This reflects the continued engagement by SCC Management with TII on the N17 Schemes which have been suspended for a number of years. While the allocation is modest and will only allow us carry out a limited review of existing documentation the fact that the Scheme is once more on the TII Agenda is very welcome and a very significant development.

N4/N15 Urban Improvement €470,000
    Following on from the N4 Hughes Bridge Widening Scheme this is the next section being developed commencing at the northern end of the Hughes Bridge Widening Scheme and finishing north of the Rosses Point junction. It will include upgrading the National primary to north of the Rosses Point junction, along with upgrading the Rosses point , Duck Street and Markievicz Road Junctions. The Copper River Bridge will also be upgraded as part of the works. We will be ready to go to Tender for construction of this Scheme in mid-2018.

N16 Lugatober to Gortnagrelly €170,000
    The N16 in County Sligo is substandard from Sligo City to the Leitrim Border. A Preferred Route for the N16 in County Sligo was selected in 2017. This will enable the N16 to be upgraded on a phased basis over a number of years. The first section proposed to be upgraded is a 2.5km length in the vicinity of Lugatober. This scheme will realign several severe bends on the existing road and will tie-in with future realignments. The design, environmental assessments and Statutory Process will be advanced in 2018, with a view to having the Scheme ready to go to construction in mid-2019.

N59 Corhawnagh to Crockacullion €120,000
    Sligo County Council is currently planning an upgrade of approx. 4km the N59 National Secondary Route between the townlands of Corhawnagh and Crockacullion, to the west of Ballisodare. The Scheme will remove a number of substantially deficient bends on this section of the route and in so doing, will improve aspects such as safety, sight distance, cross sectional width and drainage. The allocation in 2018 will enable the advancement of the planning and design of this Scheme.

Pavement Improvements €12,224,000
    We have received a very significant allocation to carry out works across the network in 2018 . Schemes are programmed for the N15, N16, N17 and the N59. We had no significant schemes in 2017 so this Programme will represent a huge investment in the National Primary and National secondary Road network in Sligo.

Maintenance Costs € 480,000
    Maintenance Costs Provisions ( excluding lighting) in respect of the National Primary road network for 2018 are down by 152,000 approx on 2017 figures which reflects information that was in public domain in recent weeks.
    This reduction is of some concern if it becomes the pattern for future years but it would be unfair not to recognise that the huge Pavement improvement Programme for 2018 more than compensates for monies that would normally be spent on maintenance works on our network.

Sligo County Council
    21st December 2017

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote: »
    Saw this on SCC page.

SLIGO COUNTY COUNCIL TO RECEIVE ITS LARGEST ANNUAL ROADS FUNDING

Sligo County Council will receive an allocation of €17,661,027 for its Roads programme in 2018, which represents the largest ever annual allocation received by this Council from Transport Infrastructure Ireland /National Roads Authority. It compares with an allocation of €9,589,739 for 2017.

News of the funding was welcomed by the Cathaoirleach of Sligo County Council Councillor Seamus Kilgannon ‘This major investment in our national roads programme will enable us to progress a number of important projects. The upgrading of our transport infrastructure is hugely significant for Sligo and the Northwest, particularly in terms of enterprise and tourism.’

Sligo County Council’s Director of Services Tom Kilfeather said: The 2018 allocation from the TII represents a huge investment in Sligo. Most importantly we will see further progress on bringing the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin scheme closer to construction.’

Project details:

The allocation for 2018 will allow the following projects to progress:

N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Development Project €3,000,000

The 2018 allocation is down on 2017, as the 2017 budget included a significant allocation for land purchase. The 2018 allocation will enable the Council to complete the documentation required for the Tender process for the Main Contractor.

N17 Tubbercurry to Collooney €25,000
    For The first time in a number of years we have received an allocation in respect of the N17. This reflects the continued engagement by SCC Management with TII on the N17 Schemes which have been suspended for a number of years. While the allocation is modest and will only allow us carry out a limited review of existing documentation the fact that the Scheme is once more on the TII Agenda is very welcome and a very significant development.

N4/N15 Urban Improvement €470,000
    Following on from the N4 Hughes Bridge Widening Scheme this is the next section being developed commencing at the northern end of the Hughes Bridge Widening Scheme and finishing north of the Rosses Point junction. It will include upgrading the National primary to north of the Rosses Point junction, along with upgrading the Rosses point , Duck Street and Markievicz Road Junctions. The Copper River Bridge will also be upgraded as part of the works. We will be ready to go to Tender for construction of this Scheme in mid-2018.

N16 Lugatober to Gortnagrelly €170,000
    The N16 in County Sligo is substandard from Sligo City to the Leitrim Border. A Preferred Route for the N16 in County Sligo was selected in 2017. This will enable the N16 to be upgraded on a phased basis over a number of years. The first section proposed to be upgraded is a 2.5km length in the vicinity of Lugatober. This scheme will realign several severe bends on the existing road and will tie-in with future realignments. The design, environmental assessments and Statutory Process will be advanced in 2018, with a view to having the Scheme ready to go to construction in mid-2019.

N59 Corhawnagh to Crockacullion €120,000
    Sligo County Council is currently planning an upgrade of approx. 4km the N59 National Secondary Route between the townlands of Corhawnagh and Crockacullion, to the west of Ballisodare. The Scheme will remove a number of substantially deficient bends on this section of the route and in so doing, will improve aspects such as safety, sight distance, cross sectional width and drainage. The allocation in 2018 will enable the advancement of the planning and design of this Scheme.

Pavement Improvements €12,224,000
    We have received a very significant allocation to carry out works across the network in 2018 . Schemes are programmed for the N15, N16, N17 and the N59. We had no significant schemes in 2017 so this Programme will represent a huge investment in the National Primary and National secondary Road network in Sligo.

Maintenance Costs € 480,000
    Maintenance Costs Provisions ( excluding lighting) in respect of the National Primary road network for 2018 are down by 152,000 approx on 2017 figures which reflects information that was in public domain in recent weeks.
    This reduction is of some concern if it becomes the pattern for future years but it would be unfair not to recognise that the huge Pavement improvement Programme for 2018 more than compensates for monies that would normally be spent on maintenance works on our network.

Sligo County Council
    21st December 2017

Thats the document I was looking for earlier. Unfortunately reading that, the only places that spades will be turned, is on the N4 works. All the rest, other that pavement improvements and maintenance, is reviews, and tenders.

Advertisement