Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Frost countrywide + Occasional Snow Showers in the East from Thursday 9th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Light snow,finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

met.ie now has a yellow gale warning on all coasts. easterlies are always noisier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

A large area of mainly snow has developed in the past hour and is currently covering most of the northern part of Wales. This is currently moving in a westwardly direction and is still growing in both size and intensity. The most westward end of the precip is just about arriving in Anglesy now and the back end is around Chester, near the England/Wales border, so it is a significant area.

Temps here are around the same or slightly higher than most reporting stations in north Wales. Dew points are almost identical in both areas. I wouldn't expect anything more than rain with some ice pellets mixed in, in eastern coastal areas this evening. Further inland, a higher chance of snow, especially higher ground....not saying that it will be sticking but it might be pretty to look at.

Unless it expands further, I'd say areas from Dublin southward are most at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

highdef wrote: »
    A large area of mainly snow has developed in the past hour and is currently covering most of the northern part of Wales. This is currently moving in a westwardly direction and is still growing in both size and intensity. The most westward end of the precip is just about arriving in Anglesy now and the back end is around Chester, near the England/Wales border, so it is a significant area.

Temps here are around the same or slightly higher than most reporting stations in north Wales. Dew points are almost identical in both areas. I wouldn't expect anything more than rain with some ice pellets mixed in, in eastern coastal areas this evening. Further inland, a higher chance of snow, especially higher ground....not saying that it will be sticking but it might be pretty to look at.

Unless it expands further, I'd say areas from Dublin southward are most at risk.

Doubt it would be snow as mild sector looks to be grabbing a hold

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Snowing in Burnley, as one can see in their game against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the precipitation over Wales appears to be moving north-west and growing in size and intensity, meanwhile here temps have dropped 2C since earlier, now down to 3C.

Gonzo wrote: »
    the precipitation over Wales appears to be moving north-west and growing in size and intensity, meanwhile here temps have dropped 2C since earlier, now down to 3C.
    So are you making out there is a possible chance for snow here ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    So are you making out there is a possible chance for snow here ?

on high ground definitely, anything could happen as that moves towards Ireland, most likely scenario is a wintry mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Gonzo wrote: »
    shower of ice/graupel here too

How go I pronounce "graupel".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain in eastern coastal areas, sleet a bit inland, snow over 250 meters or so.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Pre-ten-d s-now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

Well the east coast has come to life amazingly quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

When it doesn't come to you, you go to it! :)

Well the east coast has come to life amazingly quickly!

What do u mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

However you like, as unless it's someone else with an interest in weather they won't know themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Light to moderate sleet, temp 2.5C Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Completely nasty outside, windy with cold rain and drizzle, fourth day in a row with no sun recorded. Cant wait for this to be over.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The cold wasn't for clare. Last time I checked clare wasn't on the east coast

Last time I checked, the cold was for Clare, the east was for snow. Temperatures down to -6c I heard.

Also worth noting that the East coast didn't get as good as a cold snap as we expected, last minute downgrades sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Pre-ten-d s-now

In all seriousness, it's pronounced gr-ow-pill

Is that blob from England still alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Is that blob from England still alive

That's no way to talk about David Cameron...actually it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Last time I checked, the cold was for Clare, the east was for snow. Temperatures down to -6c I heard.

Also worth noting that the East coast didn't get as good as a cold snap as we expected, last minute downgrades sadly.

You wouldn't spend too much time out in Dublin at the moment.

Met Eireann never had -6 anywhere or did any of the main contributors herr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate sleet/hail here in Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Just back from a drive up old military road, started to come down very heavy in the last half hour, road covered. Car temp reading 3.0 at M50, was -0.5 up there.

Amazing how it can be lashing in Sandyford, and a whiteout 10 minutes away. Oh the lucky folk who live in Dublin / Wicklow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Changing over to wet snow now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Blizzards and snowdrifts up on the summit of Seefin Hill today

IMG_6663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

3.0 degrees and a mix of sleet and rain falling in Killiney

rotten day, miserable, cold, wet, dark, windy, windchill, surface water, cold rain mixed with sleet. All the worst combinations rolled into one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You wouldn't spend too much time out in Dublin at the moment.

Met Eireann never had -6 anywhere or did any of the main contributors herr

The op certainly did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The op certainly did.

He said for inland it could be not for the West or east

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement