Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw25 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Stan to Siggy and Zlatan to Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

75395448.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

75395448.jpg

Are we all going to captain him as well??

Would be nice for us all to celebrate/go down in flames together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Are we all going to captain him as well??

Would be nice for us all to celebrate/go down in flames together

It's on him for me at the moment anyway
    For anyone who didn't see Leicester yday I can't even begin to describe how bad they were
    No fight whatsoever in them as it stands ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    It's on him for me at the moment anyway For anyone who didn't see Leicester yday I can't even begin to describe how bad they were No fight whatsoever in them as it stands ......

Yeah, certainly for major consideration but surely the Leicester team will come out all guns blazing in support of Ranairi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yeah, certainly for major consideration but surely the Leicester team will come out all guns blazing in support of Ranairi

Their centreback's are just so slow. Hit them with any pace and they are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Rikand wrote:
    Their centreback's are just so slow. Hit them with any pace and they are gone.

Shouldn't be a huge factor against Swasea though.
    Swansea have very few quick players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

spock. wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a huge factor against Swasea though.
    Swansea have very few quick players.

Yes as I have very little captain choices this week. I will be captaining him. He's got me a combined 19pts the last two weeks.
    He seems central to everything Swansea are involved in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Really wanted Coleman but am 0.1 short. Is Baines just as good a shout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Made a boo boo this week and forgot my team and cost me big time

Foster Pickford
    Friend Daniels Jones Alonso wimmer
    Sanchez Lallana Philips Davies Antonio
    Ibra Benteke Costa

Looking at doing
    Wimmer - Davies
    Friend - holgate
    Jones - brunt
    Philips - Siggy

Would mean I've
    foster (whu)
    Davies (liv) brunt (whu) Alonso (burn)
    Siggy (Leic) Sanchez (hull) Antonio (WBA) Lallana (spurs)
    Ibra (wat) Benteke (stoke) costa (burn)

Pickford Holgate Davies Daniels on the bench with Daniels injured...
    That be my team next week and my first -8 all season. Any thoughts? I'll prob do the transfers tonight

• Advertisement

I couldn't resist Siggy this week.

Stanislas, Randolph --> Siggy, Nordfelt for a -4

Jaku as my only keeper now, so one less selection headache. With so little spent on keepers, it gives me a really strong outfield 13 that lets me bench big hitters through the blanks.

Swansea are the 4pm TV game .......Well that more or less copper fastens siggy as my captain
    Come join me .!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭COH

All aboard the Siggywagon...

Alli > Siggy
    Cedric > Coleman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Made a boo boo this week and forgot my team and cost me big time

Foster Pickford
    Friend Daniels Jones Alonso wimmer
    Sanchez Lallana Philips Davies Antonio
    Ibra Benteke Costa

Looking at doing
    Wimmer - Davies
    Friend - holgate
    Jones - brunt
    Philips - Siggy

Would mean I've
    foster (whu)
    Davies (liv) brunt (whu) Alonso (burn)
    Siggy (Leic) Sanchez (hull) Antonio (WBA) Lallana (spurs)
    Ibra (wat) Benteke (stoke) costa (burn)

Pickford Holgate Davies Daniels on the bench with Daniels injured...
    That be my team next week and my first -8 all season. Any thoughts? I'll prob do the transfers tonight

Anyone? Think I'll go ahead with it unless I get told otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anyone? Think I'll go ahead with it unless I get told otherwise

Holgate isn't nailed, I'd pay the extra for a Swansea or Hull defender. Fernandez and Robertson are good options. You could hold off on Brunt for another week, his away form isn't great and they play West Ham next. I'd rather Lallana to Siggy and keep Phillips for another few games. Don't think those transfers are worth a -8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm actually really intrigued by Maguire at Hull. Had a lot of shots from long range and headers from corners in the highlights I've seen recently, they're looking a bit solid at the back, no blanks and they're playing for their lives.

I realise there's cheaper Hull defenders but he's got a bit of attacking threat from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

With 2 FT and GW26 in mind, thinking Lallana to Siggy, and Aguero to Defoe..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    With 2 FT and GW26 in mind, thinking Lallana to Siggy,  and Aguero to Defoe..
    Would you get Lukaku instead of Defoe for GW28?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would you get Lukaku instead of Defoe for GW28?

Already have.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Considering banking this week for the Sanchez and Zlatan swaps next week but I'm also considering Eriksen to Siggy and taking a -4 hit next week. Decisions decisions

Struggling with my move this week - as next few weeks is such a puzzle.

Is one of Hazard or Costa the following week home to Swansea next week GW26 essential for captaincy? I'd be looking at Lukaku (Sunderland H) or Kane (Stoke H) if not one of the Chelsea boys?

Ignoring Chelsea - Swansea makes everything easier for me but looks like I'd be neglecting the obvious captain choice - thoughts?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm actually really intrigued by Maguire at Hull. Had a lot of shots from long range and headers from corners in the highlights I've seen recently, they're looking a bit solid at the back, no blanks and they're playing for their lives.

I realise there's cheaper Hull defenders but he's got a bit of attacking threat from what I've seen.

He's on FFS Jonty's goals imminent table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Struggling with my move this week - as next few weeks is such a puzzle.

Is one of Hazard or Costa the following week home to Swansea next week GW26 essential for captaincy? I'd be looking at Lukaku (Sunderland H) or Kane (Stoke H) if not one of the Chelsea boys?

Ignoring Chelsea - Swansea makes everything easier for me but looks like I'd be neglecting the obvious captain choice - thoughts?

You have 2 good captain options there so I'd say no.
    However gw27 they play each other. Who will you captain then?

ElTel wrote: »
    You have 2 good captain options there so I'd say no.
    However gw27 they play each other. Who will you captain then?

Going to hold Ibra for home to Bournemoth captaincy GW27.

If I get Siggy instead of Hazard it means I can get Brunt and Coleman in who have form, nice fixtures upcoming and also play game 28 - can only get one if I got Hazard. Siggy also plays GW28 but I as I said I miss out on the Hazard captaincy option in GW26.

I'm leaning toward foregoing Hazard and going with Lukaku capatin. Chelsea could well hammer Swansea though - and we all know about putting the armband on an in form Lukaku against a minnow so will be a nervous weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Going to hold Ibra for home to Bournemoth captaincy GW27.

If I get Siggy instead of Hazard it means I can get Brunt and Coleman in who have form, nice fixtures upcoming and also play game 28 - can only get one if I got Hazard. Siggy also plays GW28 but I as I said I miss out on the Hazard captaincy option in GW26.

I'm leaning toward foregoing Hazard and going with Lukaku capatin. Chelsea could well hammer Swansea though - and we all know about putting the armband on an in form Lukaku against a minnow so will be a nervous weekend.

That's my plan too. Probably looking at a 341 formation with no keeper for 28 if no further fixtures are added.

Keeping Ibra and probably Costa on bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Really struggling with my transfer this week. Have 2FT. With Defoe Kane and ibra up front I'm unsure of who to sell this week for lukaku. Ibra(good fixture this week), kane(good fixture gw26 which zlatan will blank, defoe(form & price rising).

Potentially looking at Antonio in for Eriksen with an eye on GW 28. This will leave me with 2.6m in bank which I feel will burning a hole in my pocket.

Tricky decisions next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have transferred out Aguero & Zaha for Lukaku & Siggy leaving me with 1.2m ITB
    Team sits at

Heaton Grant

Brunt McAuley Holgate Coleman Amat

Hazard Sanchez Alli Iwobi Siggy

Lukaku Ibra Barnes

Next weeks transfer is Iwobi out for someone playing GW28 given me a bench of Amat, Sanchez, Ibra in GW26 ... risk only fielding 10 if Holgate doesn't play which I doubt.

Going into GW27 I will transfer out Amat for Maguire.

Then going into GW28 I will have 1 FT to give me 9 playing players albeit Holgate who looks to have lost place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Foster Pickford

Holebas Coleman Pieters McCauley Friend

Pedro Alli Sanchez Phillips Clayton

Kane Ibra Lukaku

2 FTs, £0.6 ITB. Looking at Pedro and Alli out, Hazard and Snodgrass in. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

keano_afc wrote: »
    Foster  Pickford

Holebas  Coleman  Pieters  McCauley  Friend

Pedro  Alli  Sanchez  Phillips  Clayton

Kane  Ibra  Lukaku

2 FTs, £0.6 ITB. Looking at Pedro and Alli out, Hazard and Snodgrass in. Thoughts?
    I would be planning with the BGW in mind. Would you look at Barkley as oppose to Hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Theres a lot of Snodgrass love.

I remain to be convinced. He was playing in the hole and central to every attack at Hull. He had all free kicks, corners and while Hernandez was out penalties.

Noble will be hard to dislodge from the set pieces at WHU so he will have limited involvement there and seems to be set to play a wide role.

If you can afford Antonio he's a much better option IMO. And I think it remains to be seen if Snoddy is an option at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As a Snodgrass owner I agree. I'd be looking to get rid if he didn't have a game in 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Foster Pickford
    McAuley Pieters Francis Holgate Amat
    Sanchez Pedro Alli Lallana Stanislas
    Costa Defoe Ibra

Thinking of Lallana and Ibra out for Siggy and Kane. Seems like a good move for GW28 (is it?) and avoids Ibra's blank in GW26.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Lads my MF is quite poor, I'd like to strengthen it without changing my defence or attack too much. Any ideas? 1 FT and .4 in the bank.

Foster Heaton

Alonso Coleman Walker Friend Browning

Pedro Alli Stan Phillips Capoue

Costa Ibra Jesus

Any ideas? Maybe downgrade Capoue and swap Pedro out for someone stronger?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

domrush wrote: »
    Lads my MF is quite poor, I'd like to strengthen it without changing my defence or attack too much. Any ideas? 1 FT and .4 in the bank.

Foster Heaton

Costa Ibra Jesus

I'd be keeping Pedro. Capoue to Carroll and Stan to Snodgrass maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd be keeping Pedro. Capoue to Carroll and Stan to Snodgrass maybe.

Why? I've had him for a while now on and off with pretty much no return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd do Pedro to Siggy if funds allow it. Pedro's returns have been pretty poor in 2017

keano_afc wrote:

He's been close to the points without getting them. His time will come soon.
    And with Burnley and Swansea up next, no way I'd sell him.

domrush wrote: »

Foster Heaton

Costa Ibra Jesus

Stan is playing on gw28 so hold onto him for numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Mirallas > Zaha or Snodgrass? 
    Not much spare cash but Mirallas only got 20mins last week. Both of the above have some easier fixtures in the coming weeks but which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

keano_afc wrote: »

Damage is done with regard to that. Its what you think will happen in the future that matters. I think he will score well once he starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

Getting Siggy in is going to cost me 2 transfers (-8) so I might hold off until after Chelsea. Who to move? 0.4m ITB

A. Azi to Brunt (or similiar 5.1 or less) and Phillips to Siggy 
    B. Ericesson to Siggy and use spare cash to upgrade Philips to Barkley/Antonio/Pedro
    C. Ibra to Lakaku and Phillips to Siggy. 

Chelsea and Man U have great fixtures. 

Foster/Jaku
    Mori/Holgate/Azpu/Walker/Stephens(Shptn)
    Philips/Hazard/Ericesen/Sanchez/Watson
    Costa/Ibra/Caroll. 
    0.4m itb

Can someone set me straight this week.

Bank or No Bank?

I would quite like to strike while the Siggy iron is hot and bring him in for either Eriksen or Ali (probably Eriksen) but I would also like to hold onto my transfer this week so I can swap out Sanchez and Zlatan in GW26 for no hits.

Should I make a move on Siggy now or I am better waiting till after the FA cup round next week, which will provide us with a better picture of the GW28 fixtures? There's a possibility that Fulham could beat Spurs, which would give me two more players for GW28.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

carnie wrote: »
    Can someone set me straight this week.

Bank or No Bank?

I would quite like to strike while the Siggy iron is hot and bring him in for either Eriksen or Ali (probably Eriksen) but I would also like to hold onto my transfer this week so I can swap out Sanchez and Zlatan in GW26 for no hits.  

Should I make a move on Siggy now or I am better waiting till after the FA cup round next week, which will provide us with a better picture of the GW28 fixtures?  There's a possibility that Fulham could beat Spurs, which would give me two more players for GW28.
    Wait if you can. But track the price rises and if you feel a need to keep the 0.1m move early. Also if you notice Alli or Eri about to drop 0.1m you could be making a 0.2m saving by moving early.

Jesper wrote: »
    Wait if you can. But track the price rises and if you feel a need to keep the 0.1m move early. Also if you notice Alli or Eri about to drop 0.1m you could be making a 0.2m saving by moving early.

Excellent points. Cheers.

I think I'll hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Lallana>Siggy done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any suggestions on who to sell Eriksen to? No one really stands out, already have Siggy. No funds in the bank

siblers wrote:
    Any suggestions on who to sell Eriksen to? No one really stands out, already have Siggy.

I'm keeping him. He's still a good pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

siblers wrote: »
    Any suggestions on who to sell Eriksen to? No one really stands out, already have Siggy. No funds in the bank
    Yeah I'm looking at getting him in next week, might be a decent sub for Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭frink

Debating whether to see Hazard and free up some cash. Team currently
    Jones (have to sell), Alonso, Holgate
    Sanchez, Ali, Morrison, Hazard
    Costa, Kane, Gray
    0.5 in bank

Have to transfer out Jones due to injury but Hazard for Pedro would free up money

• Advertisement

frink wrote: »
    Debating whether to see Hazard and free up some cash. Team currently
    Jones (have to sell), Alonso, Holgate
    Sanchez, Ali, Morrison, Hazard
    Costa, Kane, Gray
    0.5 in bank

Have to transfer out Jones due to injury but Hazard for Pedro would free up money
    There is NO WAY I'd sell hazard if I had him in advance of gw26
    I'll be getting him in

Who are your other defenders

Advertisement