Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Matchday Thread

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up 124k places and in to the top 200k for the first time since gw5. Persistence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Slipped into top 25k for the first time this season.

Back in contention in some serious leagues...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

85(-4). Today was a drop but net green arrow of around 70k places to 112k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

71...Up from 52k to 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Up to 84k. A 9k rise in the end.

No players today wasn't a good result considering Jesus, Ibra, Siggy and United defence all going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was not an absolute disaster, although Aguero 's cameo did cost me 20 odd points.

56 points sees me drop 20k places, keeping me in the top 700k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

A 20k rise to 90k.

Probably out of contention in money leagues but hopefully I can put a run together to finish top 10k (or 25k at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

49 is a 15k drop to 40k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

50 drops me down to 131k

Not happy with that

Where is Ziegler hasn't posted in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

86 all in. Up to 23.5k now. Still have WC, BB and TC intact so very happy at this juncture. Some decisions to be made on best approach over the next few GWs but all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

55 points means a small drop, but I'm content with pretty much holding firm in a week where a lot of big-hitters I don't have scored well.

Wondering that myself. In several leagues with him. He's on a seriously bad run from 2k to 130k the last 10 GWs. Meant to have him in a cup QF next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

50 shunts me down from 208k to 288k. Not the funnest GW ever.

FHFC wrote: »
    Wondering that myself. In several leagues with him. He's on a seriously bad run from 2k to 130k the last 10 GWs. Meant to have him in a cup QF next week.

Didn't realise he had dropped down the rankings like that has he been making transfers .

Didn't realise he had dropped down the rankings like that has he been making transfers .

Yeah took a hit last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

88 points, huge big arrow (300k places). I really needed a big week like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

73 (-4) and a 16k jump up the rankings to 69k. Since GW19, I've climbed from 258k after playing my wildcard and bench boosting. Let's see what the final third of the season holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

70 with no hits.Got in Jesus and captained him,nice to see something work out considering my deep rooted mistrust of Lukaku made me go with the City striker.He looks like staying in my team especially with Pep's post match remarks....what to do for the blank gw coming up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah. Petty ignominious and disrespectful end to one of the PLs best ever.

Pep is a strange fish.
    It's absolutely crazy the treatment of Aguero, even as a United fan, he's always been first choice for me on FPL regardless of price bar the last few months.

It's not as if he's past it or even getting older, he's only 29 in June, any club would absolutely love to have him.

Has to leave this summer if it stays like this, Chelsea reportedly linked with him but would he stay in the PL?
    It's not the appropriate topic but I think there's a bit of FPL over-reaction in your posts. After all we don't know what's happening on the training grounds. And Jesus debut is over expectations.

But, I agree there has to be something wrong between them and Aguero probably has to leave now. I'm actually surprised PSG did not go for him during this late winter transfer window. Him & Cavani upfront could work great.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stunned by the number of people who have brought in a player who was never a guarantee to start and who misses one, and almost certainly 2 of the next 4.

Talk about gambles paying off
    FPL are doing everything they can for that to happen. The new chips and the change regarding the second WC were an indication.
    In addition, I rest my case about the effect of the huge PL money. Squads are gonna get more and more equiped in quality and quantity and we're gonna see more and more rotations, whether it is due to just only the manager's choice or forced by fatigue/injury/etc... since the games are gonna be tougher and tougher (and with the PL schedule during Christmas, players never get any rest).
    SlickRic wrote: »
    To be fair, FPL isn't difficult and doesn't need hours of study to be decent at it.

'Casuals' look at form and fixtures just like most. They may not go long term, but they look at who is scoring well recently, and put them in.

Personally, I know I overcomplicate the game and make it more difficult than it actually is. If I followed a strict policy of a healthy balance of form and fixtures and look at nothing else, I'd still have Alonso (sold him because of his 'injury' rumour), I wouldn't still have Coutinho for the last 3 GWs, I'd probably have Lukaku, and I may well have got Jesus in for Swansea and Bournemouth, even if he will miss 1 or 2 games.

I try to be too clever, whereas those who put 10 minutes of thought in a week just look at form and fixtures for the next week (maybe 2) and go for it.

I've seen 'experts' who recommended not getting Alli a few weeks ago (Eriksen's stats were better), and avoiding Sanchez earlier in the season because of his price potentially affecting the rest of the team (before performance including his mega-haul against West Ham).

It's a simpler game than we think.
    You're right. I experienced it last year and this year earlier on.

But then it depends what's your definition of "decent". I used to aim for top 1% and would consider anything below it a failure. That used to be top 20k. Now it's top 40k. I also used to say that "skills" bring you up to this top 1% and to rise higher you'd need the element of luck to be on your side.

As I said above, the new FPL rules from last year combined with the PL money have increased the luck factor in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

76 -8 sees me rise a few spots to 166K from 182K OR. Meh, that damned Big Rom show hurt lots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

He's playing in goal for Leicester tonight...

Advertisement