Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stunned by the number of people who have brought in a player who was never a guarantee to start and who misses one, and almost certainly 2 of the next 4.

Talk about gambles paying off

@OfficialFPL: The 2-goal Jesus was Triple Captained by 1,267 canny #FPL managers for Gameweek 24 #MCISWA https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/828263545309630465/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Stunned by the number of people who have brought in a player who was never a guarantee to start and who misses one, and almost certainly 2 of the next 4.

He'll be a major doubt over Easter too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rikand wrote: »
    For me, it was a business decision rather than a footballing one. His stock is going to soar after this game

Hmm, he was never certain to start and had he blanked, there would be mass sales and you'd be losing money.

If he keeps in up in the two games he has in the next four, I'll definitely consider him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    @OfficialFPL: The 2-goal Jesus was Triple Captained by 1,267 canny #FPL managers for Gameweek 24 #MCISWA https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/828263545309630465/photo/1

"Canny"... Mental would be the word I'd use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    41 with Jesus (c) and Ibra to play. Probably a good score for a Lukaku and Kane non owner. Jesus double digit score and it's a decent week.

Needed that. 67 with Ibra to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hmm, he was never certain to start and had he blanked, there would be mass sales and you'd be losing money.

If he keeps in up in the two games he has in the next four, I'll definitely consider him.

Which is the second possible blank?

"Canny"... Mental would be the word I'd use.

I find the way to be successful on twitter on FPL accounts is to pander to the casuals and don't worry about the elite players.

That's fine, the more people that get dumbed down, the better.

sword1 wrote: »
    Which is the second possible blank?

GW28 if City progress in the Cup.

I find the way to be successful on twitter on FPL accounts is to pander to the casuals and don't worry about the elite players.

If it helps convince more people to use their tc chip in a single gw then I'm all for it!

Main thing for me is Aguero one pointer denying the Lukaku VCs in my leagues.

• Advertisement

Elite players?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

82(-4) with Ibra to go. Lovely. An Ibra blank wouldn't be the worst with such high ownership and a fair few captainers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,906 ✭✭✭✭CSF

All of this reminds me of in Friday Night Lights when the new fancy quarterback comes in and takes Matt Saracen's spot. Bring back Matt Saracen. Bring back Kun Aguero.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Elite players?

The people who spend hours and hours looking at stats, comparisons, opponents form etc...elite may be too strong a word, but the ones that take the game very seriously.

manual_man wrote: »
    82(-4) with Ibra to go. Lovely. An Ibra blank wouldn't be the worst with such high ownership and a fair few captainers

Ibra hat trick please despite the captainers. A lot of highly ranked don't have him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,906 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Elite players?
    Think he means me

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Maybe as well just join them at this stage.

Please Ibra let today be the good day when 2/3 of your many shots go in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ibra hat trick please despite the captainers. A lot of highly ranked don't have him

I think his effective ownership is only about 60% so amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

where do we get the player ownership stats (top 10k vs general etc.)?

• Advertisement

No idea, my comment based from observations in my leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

To be fair, FPL isn't difficult and doesn't need hours of study to be decent at it.

'Casuals' look at form and fixtures just like most. They may not go long term, but they look at who is scoring well recently, and put them in.

Personally, I know I overcomplicate the game and make it more difficult than it actually is. If I followed a strict policy of a healthy balance of form and fixtures and look at nothing else, I'd still have Alonso (sold him because of his 'injury' rumour), I wouldn't still have Coutinho for the last 3 GWs, I'd probably have Lukaku, and I may well have got Jesus in for Swansea and Bournemouth, even if he will miss 1 or 2 games.

I try to be too clever, whereas those who put 10 minutes of thought in a week just look at form and fixtures for the next week (maybe 2) and go for it.

I've seen 'experts' who recommended not getting Alli a few weeks ago (Eriksen's stats were better), and avoiding Sanchez earlier in the season because of his price potentially affecting the rest of the team (before performance including his mega-haul against West Ham).

It's a simpler game than we think.

One small point to note so far
    Bailly is playing on right of the CB pair (i.e. Where Jones plays )

• Site Banned Posts: 33 O. K. Corral

Pogba so deep

Bye Pog

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really punishing gw for me . All down to missing the haul of 1 player and having a captain that blanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks Pep, thanks Aguero. 56 all out.

Now could Ibra miss a penalty then get him self sent off.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Thanks Pep, thanks Aguero. 56 all out.

Now could Ibra miss a penalty then get him self sent off.

That would involve united getting into the box
    Awful so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Really punishing gw for me . All down to missing the haul of 1 player and having a captain that blanked.

Would you have captained lukaku if you hadn't missed the price drop of giroud? Or would you have stuck with Alli anyway?

I woulda captained lukaku if I'd brought him in, instead I decided on Costa with Alli captain too.

But as I posted in transfer thread....it was such a close call for me I backed lukaku at 12/1 for a hat trick just incase so did ok out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    That would involve united getting into the box
    Awful so far

Woeful game so far.

Advertisement