Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Heaton
    Coleman - Brunt - Alonso - PVA
    Phillips - Sanchez - Alli
    Lukaku - Benteke - Kane (c)

Pickford: Lallana - Capoue - Amat

Should I play Lallana ahead of Phillips?

I've played Phillips. The Pool fans on here have been talking about Lallana being back in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've played Phillips. The Pool fans on here have been talking about Lallana being back in midfield

He's much more effective in midfield. I'd start him over Phillips but it's close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Heaton
    Bruntinho, Alonso, Van Aanholt
    Sanchez, Alli, Phillips, Siggy
    Ibra, Costa, Lukaku (c)

Pickford, Stanislas, Chambers, Amat

I take it playing Phillips ahead of Stan looks Right? Nervous benching a player on pens and with no Everton defender I'd love it if they conceded. Stan has a great scoring record vs Everton. 3 in 2 games last season I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

He should be, but that's actually a good thing! He's got 90% of his returns when playing in the middle and arriving late in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liverpool have been off colour, but their 1st choice team, which ripped teams to shreds at the start of the season, is back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they walloped Hull.

But I'm biased as a fan, and with Coutinho captained!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was happy with Phillips before I asked the question...and now we're in the twilight zone just before the deadline where any decision made will be wrong.....even deciding to not make a decision!

So I should drop Sanchez right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I was happy with Phillips before I asked the question...and now we're in the twilight zone just before the deadline where any decision made will be wrong.....even deciding to not make a decision!

Sell him even.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't laugh. I'm considering it :pac:. Arsenal are so dire at the moment... But he's my special Alexis :p.

iroced wrote: »
    Don't laugh. I'm considering it :pac:. Arsenal are so dire at the moment... But he's my special Alexis :p.

Yeah yeah yeah but Stanislas very Everton with the penalties and the 3 goals last season???? :eek:

#10minstodeadlinefreakout

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah yeah yeah but Stanislas very Everton with the penalties and the 3 goals last season???? :eek:

Ah crap wish I hadn't read that
    Maybe I'll bench Pedro again

• Advertisement

So play him! It's an easy choice Stan vs Phillips.

Myself I have to choose 3 from Alonso, Baines, McAuley & Holebas.
    And 1 between Sanchez, Pedro & Crouch.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You know us so well :pac:

iroced wrote:
    So play him! It's an easy choice Stan vs Phillips.

Myself I have to choose 3 from Alonso, Baines, McAuley & Holebas. And 1 between Sanchez, Pedro & Crouch.

Bench Holebas and play Sanchez

spock. wrote: »
    Bench Holebas and play Sanchez
    Actually 2 between Sanchez Pedro & Crouch :p...

But yeah I've benched Holebas (Guardian have him not starting :confused:) and I know deep within me I'll never bench Sanchez... Am probably gonna leave Pedro on. Hopefully Pulis can remember how he used to make his teams defend... It's a double or quits anyway since I play both McAuley & Phillips.

Pedro starts

Sanchez up front

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pedro starts

And for me too
    Alexis up front too

Went with
    Grant
    Pva coleman brunt
    Sanchez Pedro Alli Phillips
    Kane (c) lukaku Ibra

Randolph Stan yoshida chambers
    Hope west ham games isn't nil all !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

No hits and keeping the faith

Heaton

Brunt Coleman (c) Holgate

Alexis Hazard Alli Zaha

Aguero Zlatan Barnes

Subs: Grant McAuley Iwobi Amat

Left it too late to change in Stan. Probably just as well. I'll take him scoring and killing the Everton clean sheets, double Everton defence in some cases.

So really I have a secret agent on my bench who of he scores will still help my OR! :)

I did see some AFCB fans saying Stan might be under a bit of pressure from Ibe who apparently played well vs Palace.

Chelsea team v Arsenal: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CHEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Iwobi continues to keep his place, he has been a great buy at 5.8

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Alex up front, beautiful!!!

Pedro starts

Sanchez up front
    2 1 pointers then. Yeah we tend to celebrate when our players are starting but the real schizophrenia is that we all know that a 30 min cameo could be more productive than a start :D.

Anyhow.

Heaton
    Alonso Baines McAuley
    Sanchez Pedro Alli Coutinho (VC) Phillips
    Ibra Kane (C)
    Randolph ; Crouch, Holebas, Chambers

Giroud + Defoe -> Kane + Crouch were my 2 FTs this week. Did it in a rush yesterday evening to avoid Giroud/Kane double price change (in the end Kane did not rise but will tonight). Was not too keen in selling Defoe but hopefully Kane doesn't trollfeck me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pedro back in no surprise.

Alex up front, beautiful!!!
    Not so sure about that. Did Sanchez really have better stats when playing upfront? Always was under the impression he was better when just behind a centre forward where he gets more flexibility to play basically everywhere but can connect well with him.

iroced wrote: »
    Not so sure about that. Did Sanchez really have better stats when playing upfront? Always was under the impression he was better when just behind a centre forward where he gets more flexibility to play basically everywhere but can connect well with him.

This season he, and Arsenal, have been much better with Sanchez up front.

Drift on Chelsea to win game from 1.95, to 2.1. Sanchez up front affect ?:s

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Something about having 3 players in the first game that leaves me uneasy.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Something about having 3 players in the first game that leaves me uneasy.

You'll feel as uneasy when you have 6 points by the end of it don't worry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

An Arsenal goal from anyone to take the CS is a must here for me.

Advertisement