Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

As a PS4 owner myself I would recommend building a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Op here.....firstly thanks for all the input....I'm going to get the one s....works out not that much more expensive here in the Middle East (unless off amazon which isn't practical).however a second controller will cost about 70 euro here and games seem pricey...soooo, I think since I won't exactly be using it much, I might get some bits and bobs off amazon and get them shipped over here by family....I'm going to need advice on what games to start off with but I'm going to post on an Xbox specific forum so if I can get your input here, I'd be grateful....cheers folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If you're only gonna be a bit part gamer and not interested in up to date graphics then I say get the 360, it's got a lot of racing games including Forza which is by far the best racing game on consoles.

Also, if you ever do upgrade to the One a lot of 360 games are backwards compatible, so you'll have them on the One as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Atomicjuicer0

I've a PS4 Pro and all other major gaming devices.

Anyone here recommending a PC or criticising the ps4 pro doesn't have a clue.

The best games, most exclusives, optimization for actual gaming and best tech value for money you can buy.

Anyone here who actually knows anything and wants to dispute me just look up boost mode setting which will be out of beta in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

The best games, most exclusives, optimization for actual gaming and best tech value for money you can buy.

Anyone here who actually knows anything and wants to dispute me just look up boost mode setting which will be out of beta in a month.

This!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Steam at home and switch for the road when it releases.

Alternatively and maybe it's been mention. Probably not though, the PlayStation Vita is an amazingly powerful portable device with a huge catalog of games at this point. So underrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As someone with both and therefore no fanboy bias I'd say get the one you can afford since there's so few good exclusives on both that they are pretty much homogenous although a PC definitely offers more and you save the difference in the long run on cheaper games and not having to pay to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I would go with a gaming pc if money is not an issue for you. You save so much money on games compared to the crazy console prices you get so many bargains and can buy multiple games for the price of one on ps4 or xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'd say get a 360. It's cheap and easily replaceable.

€60-80 for console and controllers, endless amount of games to be had for peanuts.

I had 2 red ring on me, so i never went back to console after that but if i was just getting around to gaming now, it's a no-brainer you'd want to get the biggest bang for you're buck. You might find you don't even like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-videogames-of-2016?ref=hp

Factually wrong.
    *edit* (can't get tables to work in BBcode)

PC with higher metascore, more games, 1 more "Great" and triple the amount of "good exlusives".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alas, this thread has just become yet another PC vs console battle, which goes against our charter rules.

Apologies OP, but I reckon the thread is beyond saving. If you'd like more information on your Xbox-specific questions, the good folk over on the Xbox forum will be able to help you out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=522 (indeed I see you've already been posting over there!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement