Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw24 - Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,923 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think those who have Aguero should keep him. But those who do not should not transfer him in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bantee wrote: »
    So the general consensus is that he'll start, is that fair to say!

in the mane

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have enough money to do Defoe to Jesus...... tonight.

Won't have enough tomorrow if the fpls have it right.

Should I do it ?

CSF wrote: »
    I think those who have Aguero should keep him. But those who do not should not transfer him in either.

Why do you think those with him should keep him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Rikand wrote: »
    Have enough money to do Defoe to Jesus...... tonight.

Won't have enough tomorrow if the fpls have it right.

Should I do it ?

Yes
    Did it 5 mins ago, feels good, Carrolll->Jesus(not Navas) :-)

• Advertisement

Why do you think those with him should keep him ?
    I think he has a 50%+ chance of starting and if he starts he has a 50%+ chance of scoring IMO. Don't think it makes sense to transfer out in those circumstances, definitely not high enough percentages to transfer in either though.

I think he has a 50%+ chance of starting and if he starts he has a 50%+ chance of scoring IMO. Don't think it makes sense to transfer out in those circumstances, definitely not high enough percentages to transfer in either though.

I agree you'd be mad to transfer him in.

But as an owner he's stunk recently and looks like Pep has his reason to drop him eventually - Jesus's last performance.

Something is rotten in Denmark and if he didn't start midweek then I've no reason to think he'll start this weekend.

I agree you'd be mad to transfer him in.

But as an owner he's stunk recently and looks like Pep has his reason to drop him eventually - Jesus's last performance.

Something is rotten in Denmark and if he didn't start midweek then I've no reason to think he'll start this weekend.
    They're at home to Swansea, they're gonna go for it I reckon. Whole different proposition to West Ham away who in theory should be good.

Invincible wrote: »
    Yes
    Did it 5 mins ago, feels good, Carrolll->Jesus(not Navas) :-)

I did it

It does feel good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rikand wrote: »
    I did it

It does feel good :)

Brought him in for Defoe, dunno if I have the balls to captain him though

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Brought him in for Defoe, dunno if I have the balls to captain him though

Same, sticking with pva for now

They're at home to Swansea, they're gonna go for it I reckon. Whole different proposition to West Ham away who in theory should be good.

I feel like I've stuck with him through thick and thin while many others lost patience a long time ago.

Not starting the last game is one red flag too many for me. I can't afford to carry him especially as he may come on for the final minutes 10-15 thus killing any good first option I have off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ibra out
    Jesus in

I feel like I've stuck with him through thick and thin while many others lost patience a long time ago.

Not starting the last game is one red flag too many for me. I can't afford to carry him especially as he may come on for the final minutes 10-15 thus killing any good first option I have off the bench.
    Fair enough, I'd be worried it might be one that could punish you heavily though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ibra out
    Jesus in

Gutsy move going from God himself to just Jesus.

As for me went Forster to Heaton and Giroud to Carroll for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Don't understand the flocking to Jesus myself. Bound to share game time with the Prophet Kun. 

Call me a doubting Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

mectavba wrote: »
    Don't understand the flocking to Jesus myself. Bound to share game time with the Prophet Kun. 

Hard to know but was listening to Off The Ball last night and the way they were talking it seemed that Pep might be looking to
    Jesus, Sterling, KDB and Sane as his front 4 for the time being. Jesus will be rested at some stage alright but I don't see why he won't start, only problem is if things aren't going to plan, he could easily be axed early on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was originally thinking giroud to lukaku but considering Kane now (have enough to do in 1 transfer)
    My thinking is I'd prefer to captain Kane this week, longer term though lukaku doesn't have any blanks and may well be essential for gw28

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

siblers wrote: »
    Hard to know but was listening to Off The Ball last night and the way they were talking it seemed that Pep might be looking to
    Jesus, Sterling, KDB and Sane as his front 4 for the time being. Jesus will be rested at some stage alright but I don't see why he won't start, only problem is if things aren't going to plan, he could easily be axed early on

Really tempted to take a two game punt on Sane or Sterling for Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Was originally thinking giroud to lukaku but considering Kane now (have enough to do in 1 transfer)
    My thinking is I'd prefer to captain Kane this week, longer term though lukaku doesn't have any blanks and may well be essential for gw28

Or Costa??? That one actually sits best with me and just captain Alli. Leaves more scope to then bring lukaku in for Rondon in next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have to wait of injury news as 3 of my 5 defenders are flagged. Rose looks to be out for a month and there are doubts over Chambers and Daniels, with the latter looking like being out too.

2 FT

I cannot see anything beyond...

Rose > Davies
    Giroud > Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

With Rose out, what are peoples thoughts on Robertson, poor next two but then not too bad

Also plays during Week 26 and 28 which is important

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

mectavba wrote: »

Jesus Saves :cool:

Well if you look at it as a 50/50 between himself and Aguero is it worth the extra £millions. Also, Giroud costs in or around the same as Jesus and is not immune to being benched.

City or Arsenal are due a run IMO. I gambled it would be Arsenal last week. Then Watford happened. So out goes Giroud and in comes Jesus. City's next 4 games have difficulties of 1, 2, 2 & 2. I'd be more pi$$ed if I'd £13million sitting on my bench during that run of games tbh.

Lukaku is probably the safest bet but I fancied the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    With Rose out, what are peoples thoughts on Robertson, poor next two but then not too bad

Also plays during Week 26 and 28 which is important

Good option I think if you can afford to bench him for the next two. Will get him or Maguire myself in a couple of weeks I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Check out how Friend appears on the transfer page after you sell him:

bVoXgEk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bellrin TO PVA done.

Likely to get a City Mid for Pedro but waiting to hear from Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm looking at a few different options this week and would appreciate any views. My current team is:

Forster, Jakupovic
    Alonso, Brunt, Funes Mori, Evans (inj), Friend (inj)
    Sanchez, Eriksen, Lallana, Pedro, DeRoon
    Kane, Ibra, Defoe

I have 2FTs and 0.1 ITB

I have this mad notion to take a -4 for Forster, Lallana and Defoe to Mannone (has to be done for the cash), Phillips and Lukaku. I prefer Lukaku to Defoe over the next few weeks, Liverpool have a few sticky fixtures coming up while WBA have a nice run. As an additional positive it increases my GW28 players by 2.

Is it madness to take a hit this week (I could leave Defoe to Lukaku to next week) or would you go with the 'safe' option of just replacing Evans or Friend and rolling 1 FT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have to wait of injury news as 3 of my 5 defenders are flagged. Rose looks to be out for a month and there are doubts over Chambers and Daniels, with the latter looking like being out too.

2 FT

I cannot see anything beyond...

Rose > Davies
    Giroud > Lukaku

Daniels is out this weekend with a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm looking at a few different options this week and would appreciate any views. My current team is:

Forster, Jakupovic
    Kane, Ibra, Defoe

I have 2FTs and 0.1 ITB

I have this mad notion to take a -4 for Forster, Lallana and Defoe to Mannone (has to be done for the cash), Phillips and Lukaku. I prefer Lukaku to Defoe over the next few weeks, Liverpool have a few sticky fixtures coming up while WBA have a nice run. As an additional positive it increases my GW28 players by 2.

Is it madness to take a hit this week (I could leave Defoe to Lukaku to next week) or would you go with the 'safe' option of just replacing Evans or Friend and rolling 1 FT?

I wouldn't load up on Brunt and Philips. I think having both is overkill, I'd stick with Brunt and maybe look at Snodgrass as an alternative to Philips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Benimar wrote: »

Forster, Jakupovic
    Kane, Ibra, Defoe

I have 2FTs and 0.1 ITB

I wouldn't load up on Brunt and Philips. I think having both is overkill, I'd stick with Brunt and maybe look at Snodgrass as an alternative to Philips.

Nonsense, Triple WBA is the way to go! :P

Advertisement