Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ongoing Doctor Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm looking forward to seeing this new TARDIS team in action.

I love Mandip Gill, she was great in Hollyoaks (although criminally underutilized a lot of the time) so I was very glad to see her name pop up as one of the new companions.

I also recognise Tosin Cole from Hollyoaks, but I don't really remember much about his acting ability - I think the character only lasted about 3 months and it wasn't a big part, so its hard to judge off that.

I think Bradley Walsh will be interesting - there's certainly a lot of potential with an older companion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ha! I can imagine the "PC GONE MAD!!" brigade's reaction to this :eek:

There's literally an old white man in the full cast... they'd have to try to very hard to get upset... surely?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

4 in the TARDIS seems a little crowded, I wonder if one of them might be 'ground staff' so to speak, ala Nardole last season.

Guess the tabloids were right re. Bradley Walsh after all!

pixelburp wrote: »
    4 in the TARDIS seems a little crowded, I wonder if one of them might be 'ground staff' so to speak, ala Nardole last season.

Guess the tabloids were right re. Bradley Walsh after all!

Funny that, thought it was total BS.

I've seen a few clips of various shows where he comes across as very likeable, no real idea what he's like as an actor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Funny that, thought it was total BS.

I've seen a few clips of various shows where he comes across as very likeable, no real idea what he's like as an actor.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he'll be the comic relief; a Harry Sullivan type who's less competent than he thinks, prone to flinging himself into danger on good intentions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's literally an old white man in the full cast... they'd have to try to very hard to get upset... surely?

I was half joking but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rip Doctor Who. Hopefully the full cast will regenerate in the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,827 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ebbsy wrote: »
    Why do you think this will kill Doctor Who? :confused:

ebbsy wrote: »

It's a cast announcement, how is this the death of dr. who? We literally know nothing about these characters, beyond their names. Relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

4 in the TARDIS seems a little crowded

Well it is bigger on the inside :pac:

• Advertisement

Doesn't say anywhere they'll all be in the TARDIS. What's his face, Clara's boyfriend, was a regular character but was only in the TARDIS once, I think.

Doesn't say anywhere they'll all be in the TARDIS. What's his face, Clara's boyfriend, was a regular character but was only in the TARDIS once, I think.

I'd say yeah, some of the new cast will be occasional travellers in the TARDIS but mostly be the homebase for the earthbound plotting. We can only speculate at this point mind you!

Another piece of news / rumour is that the coming season will be a shorter 10 episode season of 60 minute episodes. Not mad about fewer episodes, though more time to breath in the stories could be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he'll be the comic relief; a Harry Sullivan type who's less competent than he thinks, prone to flinging himself into danger on good intentions

It would be unfortunate if they went that route and also very out of synch with how the companion roles have featured since the reboot. Since the reboot the companion role has been very much about mending a broken doctor after the time war and hence theyve been strong prominent roles (even Donna) it would be truely awful if they saw this as an opportunity to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    It would be unfortunate if they went that route and also very out of synch with how the companion roles have featured since the reboot. Since the reboot the companion role has been very much about mending a broken doctor after the time war and hence theyve been strong prominent roles (even Donna) it would be truely awful if they saw this as an opportunity to change that.

Yeah, id prefef that, not him to be some silly wacky character that needs to be rescued every couple episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Her trousers won't fall down but that coat's going to keep falling off her shoulders. :)

I like it, looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

I like that they haven't made her super stylish and fashionable looking.

For those of us of a certain vintage, is it me or does it look a bit 'Blue Peter' esque? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I look forward to all the cosplayers trying to copy it. I can hear the sewing machines whirring already! ;)

For those of us of a certain vintage, is it me or does it look a bit 'Blue Peter' esque? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I look forward to all the cosplayers trying to copy it. I can hear the sewing machines whirring already! ;)

Oh god yes! Apt I think, considering how intertwined the two programme's histories are.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Doctor from Ork.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlcVG32yLgxpcorYgyVKoJsgblOrKW91qr7TfKYkhl_m3K7WIqlw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Doctor from Ork.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlcVG32yLgxpcorYgyVKoJsgblOrKW91qr7TfKYkhl_m3K7WIqlw

Mork was my first thought as well... :D

I like it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't say I think much of that outfit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Angron wrote: »
    Can't say I think much of that outfit.

Cold shins? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Cold shins? :pac:

Just looks a bit too goofy for me. Also, now I'll never be able to unsee the Mork thing :pac:

Just looks a bit too goofy for me. Also, now I'll never be able to unsee the Mork thing :pac:

Never watch a Colin Baker episode :D

Never watch a Colin Baker episode :D

Nah, on the older stuff I'm only as far as Pertwee right now (watching The Curse of Peladon tonight).

Nah, on the older stuff I'm only as far as Pertwee right now (watching The Curse of Peladon tonight).

Oh you're in for some treats :)

The regime Colin was under was not... kind to him or the character. He wanted to do a more serious, modern take on the character and ended up dressed like an extra on playschool.

Oh yeah and his wife was cheating on him with his boss and he ended up getting fired by him!

Oh you're in for some treats :)

The regime Colin was under was not... kind to him or the character. He wanted to do a more serious, modern take on the character and ended up dressed like an extra on playschool.

Oh yeah and his wife was cheating on him with his boss and he ended up getting fired by him!

Bloody hell. I'd heard his tenure was a bit iffy, had no idea about that last bit though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Shut up Wesley

830862d6372f29c77f3a39bd6fe2ea3c.jpg

• Advertisement

Pic of Jodie in Peter's costume.
    So her part of the regeneration has probably been filmed

https://m.imgur.com/kznwc1A

Advertisement