Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Red or Green

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jrby

and to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Green I suppose.
    I've never had anything but bad experiences with AMD cards over the years.

Admittedly I have a 970 which was caught up on the whole 3.5Gb thing, but honestly this card has been fantastic and runs most games at High/Ultra that I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

On a 390 at the moment. Good card. No real alliance with either, i just get whats good value when i want to upgrade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been Team Red my entire PC life. Not sure why, but it always seemed like they had the best value for money whenever i'm buying cards. Currently on an R9 290.

I'm planning an upgrade in the next few months though, and i suspect i may switch sides.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I don't buy Nvidia, I don't buy Apple, I don't buy Diageo, all different levels of anti competitive but I try at least to avoid them. I'm sure I have bought and still buy plenty of stuff that I shouldn't from companies who have ****ty policies but I can only try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

RX480 at the moment, delivered by a relative from the States for 200 quid. By far the best value for money for me at the time, and very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

2ndcoming wrote: »
    RX480 at the moment, delivered by a relative from the States for 200 quid. By far the best value for money for me at the time, and very happy with it.

Keep in mind that if an issue arises with the card it will have to go back to the U.S.

*Trump isn't letting in any team red graphics cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I was bang for the buck but recent economical changes changed what I buy for my PC.

From that I still reckon the 4870 was the best Bang for the buck card ever made and a real gamer changer for AMD, altho the console business is not doing them any harm. Is there more consoles than gaming PCs in the world?

Keep in mind that if an issue arises with the card it will have to go back to the U.S.

*Trump is letting in any team red graphics cards.

Yeah well the bro lives there so shouldn't be too much of an issue. None so far 7 months in. I'm not very hard on it anyway, I had been out of the loop with games since about 2009 so I've been doing a lot of catching up. Doom is pretty much the only 2016 AAA game I've even played on it, and it chewed through that. Tormenting myself about two hours in to Dark Souls at present.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I was bang for the buck but recent economical changes changed what I buy for my PC.

From that I still reckon the 4870 was the best Bang for the buck card ever made and a real gamer changer for AMD, altho the console business is not doing them any harm. Is there more consoles than gaming PCs in the world?

Many millions more, but I think I read somewhere that AMD sign one off deals on those chips that aren't as lucrative as you'd expect. Personally I hope they're Ryzen CPUs kick ass, mainly so Intel may have to drop prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement