Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RUST] Time to go back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Well if you guys give me a name, description, image (515 x 256) and URL (Thread link) I will create a server and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just started this game tonight. I watched some youtube tutorials which helped. Im enjoying it so far even though I keep getting killed by others. I see people mention that servers get ''WIPED''. Does this mean you can spend lets say 4 weeks crafting etc etc and when the server is wiped all and everything you crafted is gone and you start from scratch? If thats the case I dont think im going to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just started this game tonight. I watched some youtube tutorials which helped. Im enjoying it so far even though I keep getting killed by others. I see people mention that servers get ''WIPED''. Does this mean you can spend lets say 4 weeks crafting etc etc and when the server is wiped all and everything you crafted is gone and you start from scratch? If thats the case I dont think im going to like it.

I imagine it's to keep things fresh. I played similar PvP faction games with Minecraft mods a couple years ago, and while you worked hard to build stuff up, it could become stale; nothing quite as exciting as a fresh new randomly generated world where everyone is on an equal footing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Zillah wrote: »
    I imagine it's to keep things fresh. I played similar PvP faction games with Minecraft mods a couple years ago, and while you worked hard to build stuff up, it could become stale; nothing quite as exciting as a fresh new randomly generated world where everyone is on an equal footing again.

Indeed, though the main thing why wipes are good is to make new players on server to get footing. You can join server that wasnt wiped for weeks and no matter what you do, you wl be raided and killed instantly as old players will have more c4 stacked then you can imagine.

Would love to go play it again, but with my current work shedule its imposible. :( . Next time I got at least 3 days off ill go in to it again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

New update and a small but major change. The weapons that you have on you are now displayed on your back so if someone says that they are a fresh, harmless naked you just take a look at what's on their back to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I've put in 2k hours into rust since Dec 2015. It's digital crack, amazing game. I've recently grown bored of it due to not being able to pick a decent server. What server do you guys play on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

vlad2009 wrote: »
    I've put in 2k hours into rust since Dec 2015. It's digital crack, amazing game. I've recently grown bored of it due to not being able to pick a decent server. What server do you guys play on?
    The Boards Rust group pretty much died around the time that the legacy game changed to the current version. I tend to play on solo/due/trio servers as I often play alone and it gives me more of a fighting chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I've my own server hosted and I like how quiet it is. Sometimes there are 5 people on but everyone mostly keeps to themselves. New people to the server are often hostile. I've just lost my wooden/stone base because someone raided it so it's at that stage in the Rust server life. The server only gets wiped when there is a major Rust update which requires it.

Advertisement