Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

88.5c Petrol Applegreen Lusk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

As me granny sez, that sort of money won't bring you happiness but it can bring you the kind of sadness you can live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

unkel wrote: »
    What would I do with 19,000 luxobarges? :D

hopefully tax them all ,that will be €28million at the very least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

loki7777 wrote: »
    Honestly you would be stupid if you would share your personal details with whole world after winning. Just lay low, don't overspend and you will be fine.

easier said than done I'd imagine how anyone could hide something like that and carry on as normal...I know i'd struggle to and sure you have to look after family so somebodys gonna let it slip there anyway
    You'd be sitting at work and folks would wonder why you are so happy...miss a few days...buy a nice car...wouldnt take much for people to cop on
    I certainly wouldn't be returning to my job though so there'd be no hope for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

chinwag wrote: »
    Wonder how much the garage (seller of winning ticket) gets?

6%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

slave1 wrote: »
    It's 'only' €29,185 of annual income to get into the top one per cent.....not as high as you would imagine, lots of us already there without realising

But the problem is that global price indices aren't the same.

Imagine a spare €29k would buy you a lavish mansion over in the hills of Nepal, or a nice beach residence upon the shores of Papua New Guinea. Even perhaps a good few years of luxury living, with dancing samba ladies to greet you every morning down on the copa, the copa-Copacabana.

The 8 chaps that own 1/2 of the earths financial wealth between them are the ones that need to lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

6%! You looper.

That'd be over 5 mill.

Garage gets less than .03% of this lump

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

€25,000 is all they get...
    €15,000 for the regular lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

6%

They get 6% of sales not winnings.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mailburner wrote: »
    easier said than done I'd imagine how anyone could hide something like that and carry on as normal...I know i'd struggle to and sure you have to look after family so somebodys gonna let it slip there anyway
    You'd be sitting at work and folks would wonder why you are so happy...miss a few days...buy a nice car...wouldnt take much for people to cop on
    I certainly wouldn't be returning to my job though so there'd be no hope for me

You only have to sit tight until someone wins 2/3m on the Irish lotto and doesn't go public then let it be known on the grapevine that it was you. Life of Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bk wrote: »
    You'd just as likely to be targeted for winning 5 million as 88 million.

Nah. Buy a nice house and some other stuff and an ARF and people will know you have very little left. Not enough for any parasite / bloodsucker / gold digger / "republican" :rolleyes: terrorist to bother with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

You can pay to stay anonymous though. Obviously would after winning that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MuddyDog wrote: »
    You can pay to stay anonymous though. Obviously would after winning that amount.

**** that, I would flaunt it everywhere. I would travel around in a convoy of Cadillac Escalades to go the shops. €88m is one problem I would love to have.

Kidnappings? Hire a team of ex navy seal bodyguards off the interest, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They'll need all the luck they can get. Personally I wouldn't want to win anything like 88 million. You need armed security (risk of kidnap), you're an instant celebrity, people will start digging in your personal life, skeletons will come out of the closet, you'll get begging letters, nightmare! 5 million or so would be more than plenty for me. Buy a nice house, pay off a few mortgages for family, buy a few nice cars and then modest financial independence for life.

Absolutely agree. If you offered me €88m right now, I'd tell you to fcuk right off. *

*Not even a little bit true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

You could go around the country and almost be able to give every single person 20 quid!

They'll need all the luck they can get. Personally I wouldn't want to win anything like 88 million. You need armed security (risk of kidnap), you're an instant celebrity, people will start digging in your personal life, skeletons will come out of the closet, you'll get begging letters, nightmare! 5 million or so would be more than plenty for me. Buy a nice house, pay off a few mortgages for family, buy a few nice cars and then modest financial independence for life.

The bitter bastards could dig all they want but I'll still be the one with €88m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Nah. Buy a nice house and some other stuff and an ARF and people will know you have very little left. Not enough for any parasite / bloodsucker / gold digger / "republican" :rolleyes: terrorist to bother with you...

Nah, they'll come looking for the money, when you can't find it cause you put it in an a retirement fund (the lord wept) they'll kill ya

You might as well take the 88 million and spend it, as your a dead man walking going by your logic

People have been abducted and murdered over the money on their ATM card

Live man, live!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

People here have been killed over €100 or a mobile phone. And the guilty will only spend a few years inside for manslaughter.

There's lots of Irish people worth way more than €88m wandering around.

88c a litre means you save less than 50c a litre, topping up with 25 litres would save you €12.50 , less fuel costs getting there and idling in the queue. I'm guessing that a lot of people in that queue were on less than minimum wage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

And Captain Buzzkill is in with all the other nay sayers!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Pay who, the lotto crowd? Not to make it publicly know who won?

That doesn't sound right.

Senna wrote: »

Its called the lotto winner protection programme.

Ah that has a ring of something I've heard before, that you forfeit something by not going public as they lose out on the publicity.

Anyway how you could hide the fact you have that much money is another story, Ireland is a small country and sure once you tell family thats the cat out of the bag almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Ah that has a ring of something I've heard before, that you forfeit something by not going public as they lose out on the publicity.

Anyway how you could hide the fact you have that much money is another story, Ireland is a small country and sure once you tell family thats the cat out of the bag almost certainly.

Yeh but there's a big difference in family and friends knowing and being plastered across all the newspapers and internet.

pippip wrote: »
    Yeh but there's a big difference in family and friends knowing and being plastered across all the newspapers and internet.

Oh for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

You're correct. It's not right. Winners choose to go public or stay anonymous when they are getting their payout. Simple as that. Whether it gets out after deciding anonymity or not is another deal altogether.

Plenty of people who 88m would be pocket change to walk around everyday with not a care in the world. You don't need security if you win 88m unless you are connected to crime and are stupid enough to announce it to the world. It's a very over the top claim, I wouldnt worry at all.

Don't go public and live a very nice extravagant life for yourself and your family. I'd love to win that sort of money, yeah 5m makes you very wealthy but 88m makes you a different world of wealthy and that would be something I would very much like to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Plenty of people who 88m would be pocket change to walk around everyday with not a care in the world. You don't need security if you win 88m unless you are connected to crime and are stupid enough to announce it to the world. It's a very over the top claim, I wouldnt worry at all.

Don't go public and live a very nice extravagant life for yourself and your family. I'd love to win that sort of money, yeah 5m makes you very wealthy but 88m makes you a different world of wealthy and that would be something I would very much like to experience.

€5m makes you rich. €88m makes you wealthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement