Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

88.5c Petrol Applegreen Lusk

Options
  • 27-01-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Got a pop up from the App.
    To celebrate applegreen selling the winning Euromillions ticket in Lusk they are offering Petrol and Diesel at 88.5c per litre. While stocks last.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just to make clear its the M1 services northbound only!

C3KmXDfUMAAQ93d.jpg
    https://twitter.com/NationalLottery/status/824904600293486593

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i thought it was sold in cork :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

philstar wrote:
    i thought it was sold in cork

Na lusk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fair dues to them, I hope they give the staff a treat also.
    Best of luck to the winners, dream come true

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,082 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They'll need all the luck they can get. Personally I wouldn't want to win anything like 88 million. You need armed security (risk of kidnap), you're an instant celebrity, people will start digging in your personal life, skeletons will come out of the closet, you'll get begging letters, nightmare! 5 million or so would be more than plenty for me. Buy a nice house, pay off a few mortgages for family, buy a few nice cars and then modest financial independence for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

unkel wrote:
    They'll need all the luck they can get. Personally I wouldn't want to win anything like 88 million. You need armed security (risk of kidnap), you're an instant celebrity, you'll get begging letters, nightmare. 3 or 4 million would be more than plenty for me. Nice house, a few nice cars and modest financial independence for life.

More hassle than its worth, but that wouldn't stop me trying. Best of luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

unkel wrote: »
    They'll need all the luck they can get. Personally I wouldn't want to win anything like 88 million. You need armed security (risk of kidnap), you're an instant celebrity, people will start digging in your personal life, skeletons will come out of the closet, you'll get begging letters, nightmare! 5 million or so would be more than plenty for me. Buy a nice house, pay off a few mortgages for family, buy a few nice cars and then modest financial independence for life.

Keep €5m and give the rest away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'll be passing around 2pm, I wonder will stocks be well gone by then

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Are there not 30 of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

km79 wrote: »
    Are there not 30 of them ?
    No, it was originally rumoured to be a syndicate in Cork.

Now it's confirmed to have been in Dublin, and rumoured to be a single winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Applegreen's making the most out of it. Fairplay to 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just think of all those luxobarges you could buy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Blazer wrote: »

You'd burn through the winnings in no time on their tax

I can only image the queues for the pumps, I remember it being bad the day they announced it was going up 10c in the budget, and that load was spread across every pump in the country!

That's a problem I would welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

That Applegreen is a long way from Lusk! Still, I'll be passing on the way home from work tonight, hope the offer is still available then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

blastman wrote: »
    That Applegreen is a long way from Lusk! Still, I'll be passing on the way home from work tonight, hope the offer is still available then.

tonight? the tanks will be empty in 3 hours id say. not a single person who passes won't brim their tank

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tonight? the tanks will be empty in 3 hours id say. not a single person who passes won't brim their tank

The queues are all the way back to the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

Stheno wrote: »
    The queues are all the way back to the motorway

Ah I was thinking I will get in on the way home. No chance of that so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Are you mad, I'd kidnap you if you won 5 million, better off sticking with the scratch cards, the worst you'll get from that is a rash off Marty's tache

But seriously, 88 million would be an awful curse, you wouldn't have just first world problems, you'd have moved up to one percenter problems

The horror

I'll be on my jet ski if you are looking for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,082 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Blazer wrote: »

What would I do with 19,000 luxobarges? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chinwag

Wonder how much the garage (seller of winning ticket) gets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

chinwag wrote: »
    Wonder how much the garage (seller of winning ticket) gets?

€25k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The offer is finished now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

agreed
    you couldnt live here if you won that kind of money to be fair which in itself might not be a bad thing
    then think about all the friends you would have no matter where you went :pac:

Are you mad, I'd kidnap you if you won 5 million, better off sticking with the scratch cards, the worst you'll get from that is a rash off Marty's tache

But seriously, 88 million would be an awful curse, you wouldn't have just first world problems, you'd have moved up to one percenter problems

The horror

I'll be on my jet ski if you are looking for me..

It's 'only' €29,185 of annual income to get into the top one per cent.....not as high as you would imagine, lots of us already there without realising

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

mailburner wrote: »
    agreed
    you couldnt live here if you won that kind of money to be fair which in itself might not be a bad thing
    then think about all the friends you would have no matter where you went :pac:

Honestly you would be stupid if you would share your personal details with whole world after winning. Just lay low, don't overspend and you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

.....and its gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,738 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They were probably under pressure from the NRA not to block up the motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You'd just as likely to be targeted for winning 5 million as 88 million. The advantage of 88 million is that you could buy yourself a nice fortress at the top of a swiss mountain and hire some armed ex-military special forces guys to patrol the grounds like a Bond super villain :D

In all seriousness, there are plenty of gated communities around the world, where 88 million would be pocket change for many of your neighbours and you could live quietly under the radar.

You don't have to reveal your identity if you win the lotto. Best to just keep it to yourself, maybe tell family and friends you inherited a small but nice amount of money to explain the new flash car and then head off on a year long around the world trip.

BTW I assume a Tesla Model S P100D would be on your list ;)

Advertisement