Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k spending spree

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

The tax payer would be paying it back than.. I think community service full time for a year would be sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If anyone outright stole €25k from someone in the traditional sense, they'd be going to prison.

Is this different? I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭C. Montgomery Gurns

How do you fritter away 25k in 9 days in the places she mentioned.

Well if the Tesco mentioned is the same price as my local Tesco you could do it in one shop. A bag of frozen chips in there is a fiver, I don't know how they get any custom aside from the offy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

KC161 wrote: »
    I agree, however if it was this young girl with that record the outcome would probably be no different.

Exactly, women always get more lenient sentences (sometimes none at all) and when they are sent to jail, they just go to the "Dóchas Centre", which is a glorified hostel. Men get the short end of the stick in this country when it comes to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

sdanseo wrote: »
    If anyone outright stole €25k from someone in the traditional sense, they'd be going to prison.

Is this different? I think not.

True.

But didn't the bankers get away with doing the same thing.

millions of times over.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If you have feck all in life, and a bank mistake means you can actually live a decent life for a few days, then go for it.

I come from a place where I didn't know where the next penny is coming from and I can understand her decision. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. We've had plenty of people in this country earning decent money and lining their pockets. Haughey's family own an island ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

dresden8 wrote: »
    The biggest knackers are "respectable" types who wear very expensive suits.

25k? 'Tis nothing.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/willie-mcateer-sentenced-for-fraudulent-anglo-loan-but-gets-no-extra-prison-time-773675.html

€7.2 BILLION and €8 MILLION

25 K is actually nothing. You could make that in half a year if you tried.

Advertisement