Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got sold a crashed car

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

pcardin wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this experience. Wouldn't want to experience myself a stuff like that. 
    But what the heck with that "I'm Swiss, them pesky Eastern Europeans" attitude?! :O Is Eastern Europe a single country now, like 3rd class. not worth much to be specified from which country they are?
    I'm neither proud nor ashamed that I'm from Switzerland, I had absolutely nothing to do with the spot on the planet where I ended up crawling out of a vagina a couple decades ago. I'm proud about being somewhat irish by now as that's something I've done by choice and I love it here (well the choice was somewhat limited as my significant other is irish).
    In any event I'm no more racist than the average irish person and the thing I mentioned about the "Eastern Europeans" was just me paraphrasing my in laws. I wouldn't know about organised crime in Ireland or who's involved in it, and I certainly don't judge someone by where they're from. I also didn't want to name what country that garage is from as that might identify them.
    Having said that, Switzerland is one of the richest and safest countries on the planet. Noone bats an eyelid if you buy a BMW from a private seller for 20k in cash. When I say cash, I mean 20 1000CHF notes (1chf = ~90 euro cents). It's normal, and the chance that you get ripped off from a private seller is smaller (apparently) than the chance of being ripped off by a shady garage over here. And if you do get ripped off, you drag them to court and get a laugh from it.
    You can also pay for a packet of cigarettes at the corner shop with a 1000CHF note, although you probably shouldn't do it just after opening or you'll inconvenience someone, and if you stay at a heavily frequented roundabout in a little town half the size of Bray for 15 minutes, you will see at least a few Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Teslas and more M3s, Mustangs and R(S)3/5/7 than you can count.
    But the pubs are ****e, it's too hot and the people are a bit stiff, so I actually quite prefer it here.
    The bottom line is I only mentioned where I'm from so people would have a better understanding why I'm a bit more trusting than I probably should be. Lesson learned, thanks everyone for their replies.

Advertisement