Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Waiting Room -Off topic chat thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stress is really making a mess of me, all other ailments are worse due to it, physical and mental.. ARGH :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Hey guys. The names Shannon757 and I have Fibromyalgia. I'll be honest I don't know much about it but I also have rheumatoid arthritis and I've had that 7 years now so it's all a cycle of pain and pills for me. Just thought I'd post here to say hello and all. I know some of you from other threads anyway so at least we're not strangers

wondering for some reason about hydrotherapy?

When I lived in Orkney, where MS was so prevalent due to the limited gene pool, they had a small heated pool. for physio. It was great

Do they have that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Graces7 wrote: »
    wondering for some reason about hydrotherapy?

When I lived in Orkney, where MS was so prevalent due to the limited gene pool, they had a small heated pool. for physio. It was great

Do they have that here?
    I tried hydrotherapy for years but I didn't see any improvement

I tried hydrotherapy for years but I didn't see any improvement

I saw it as alleviation rather then improving the condition. Being able while in the water to move more freely and with less pain.

Which at that time meant a lot.

For years I have had no bath where I live and I miss that daily small pain easing of hot water. It really eased and relaxed.

Like you were saying that the warm weather eases pain? Whatever helps even that little.

Do we not these days though have public baths like there used to be?

Where did everyone GO? Was is... something I said ;)

Been a hard time here; a sudden bereavement of a family member half my age... bad flare up of the M.E and hay fever season in a new place.. then suddenly very painful hips.... exhaustion on all sides.

But hey! It is spring and the land is fair and full of blossom and lambs...

We also serve who only stand and watch- and marvel at the utter fairness of the land.

This morning I spent half an hour in the Ross Errilly friary ruins. just me and the crows and a peace so deep it healed.

And practical kindness given when the tyre blew... I knew what had happened but pulled in and as I had not eaten all day sat there and wolfed a sandwich before clambering out of the car to see the damage..

Garage the lady found would not charge a cent..

Lovely healing day... Hope all are coping..

• Advertisement

I've been in hospital for the past 2 weeks :(

I've been in hospital for the past 2 weeks :(

I know and wish I could visit.. I really do. You are not forgotten here, trust in that. ;)

Any word when they will let you home and is the situation improving?

I am pretty sure the new pains here are rheumatoid arthritis which I did test positive way back. Not checking with a dr even if I had one here as I am taking pain killers that work. Cannot be bothered at my advanced age with all that...Keeping mobile and eating sensibly etc.

Graces7 wrote: »
    I know and wish I could visit.. I really do. You are not forgotten here, trust in that. ;)

Any word when they will let you home and is the situation improving?

I am pretty sure the new pains here are rheumatoid arthritis which I did test positive way back. Not checking with a dr even if I had one here as I am taking pain killers that work. Cannot be bothered at my advanced age with all that...Keeping mobile and eating sensibly etc.
    I'm probably being let out today but I'm still as bad as when I came in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah Shannon that's crap is there nothing that can be done?.

Glad to hear you're doing ok Grace, there are still decent people out there.

They've done absolutely nothing here to help me :(
    And someone is after being discharged making me the longest person here at 16 days.

• Advertisement

There must be a plan of some sort?. That's terrible..

Increase some meds and come back on a few weeks. I'm only just out of there

Ah Shannon that's crap is there nothing that can be done?.

Glad to hear you're doing ok Grace, there are still decent people out there.

Yep; that the garage did not charge a call out fee was a sheer miracle! When I asked and he said, "Nothing" I blessed him mightily and said that that was wonderful as I had..... nothing! Just a few coins and the money needed for petrol to get home.

The roads I drive on are so bad it is a sheer miracle does not happen more often.

They've done absolutely nothing here to help me :(
    And someone is after being discharged making me the longest person here at 16 days.

So very very sorry Shannon. You are too young to be treated like this. So they went through the motions? Been there too many times as many here will have been.

((((((HUGS))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hugs n' best wishes for everyone that needs them!

Feel so in and out of un-wellness for the past few days. Everything is sore n' aching and in pain and feel so nauseous and the outside of my head and Crown is sore off and on. It's very hard to keep upbeat sometimes. Not to mention stupid Period making everything 40 times worse to cope with. :( Horrible darting stabbing pains around my Ribs too. :/ It's just awful. :( Am so so tired and feel worn-out from nothing lately. My ears were sore all morning so they were and they're rarely if ever sore. Ugh. I feel like a bag of bones! Don't know how I know that or what a bag of bones would feel like! :p But I just do! :/ :pac:

Hugs n' best wishes for everyone that needs them!

Feel so in and out of un-wellness for the past few days. Everything is sore n' aching and in pain and feel so nauseous and the outside of my head and Crown is sore off and on. It's very hard to keep upbeat sometimes. Not to mention stupid Period making everything 40 times worse to cope with. :( Horrible darting stabbing pains around my Ribs too. :/ It's just awful. :( Am so so tired and feel worn-out from nothing lately. My ears were sore all morning so they were and they're rarely if ever sore. Ugh. I feel like a bag of bones! Don't know how I know that or what a bag of bones would feel like! :p But I just do! :/ :pac:

Just rest; keep warm, drink plenty, graze on food you can eat without cooking much,and REST.

I had a long day yesterday and prepared for today knowing I would be in pain today! Treated myself to a whole roast chicken in Dunne's, and various other easy nibbles. Ready meals on hand.. library books, youtube.. knitting.

;)I was right! It took all three cats to get me even out of bed to go to the loo today! Hurting to breathe but no intention of stopping doing so..;)

It was by the way worth it. I had some business, then a long slow drive home along coast and through mountains.. old friends and new. all enjoying the dry weather and the sun. See Mayo forum?

This being a holiday weekend an rusticating until at least Tuesday now..

Advertisement