Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City v Tottenham BT - Saturday 5:30 KO

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great goal but aside from that I cannot remember the last time a team totally played us of the pitch like this.

Oh crap. Alder off. We're goosed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Eriksen has been awful

There's a point to be stolen here if we can just keep our composure

Holy ****

• Advertisement

Dembele off???!

Wtf . Madness

Oh if we win this I'm doing the day on the beer tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Wow some balls with that push! Can't believe he got away with that! And then to score a minute later, have to admit I guffawed!

Dembele off???!

Wtf . Madness
    Think that desicion was made in the build up to the goal

Jesus the nerves! (Pun intended)

• Advertisement

Lads it's written in the stars for us to steal this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'll take a draw welldone lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Didn't crumble, City should have buried us.

A point feels like a victory.

giphy.gif

What a point.we were shut but I honestly believe that point will be crucial come may

Very lucky to get the point today. We were outplayed but our 2 goals were exceptional. Great cross by Walker (never thought I'd say that) for the first.

Also that tackle by Rose on Sterling was incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Daylight ****ing robbery to get a point there. We were the poorer side for most of that game, though to be fair, the only real chances they had were from Lloris ****ing up.

Overall, I'm delighted to get that point after the way we played. Not so happy with how we played for 60 minutes though.

Gerrard should of decked that muppet about his snide remark regarding the slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Great to see us rob one for a change. Sure it should have been a penalty and sending off for Walker bit waltching Man U getting way with sh1t like that for 20 years so nice for us to be on the positive side of luck for once.

Allis goal was 100% class great cross from Walker and the Kane touch for the Son finish was pure sex. I dont give 2 fúcks about a marginal offside it was the best goal Ive seen in weeks.

Wanyama was savage today, looked a natural at cb. Winks came on in a big game, looked comfortable.

Wimmer didn't do himself any favors, if your gonna lose the ball, and turn like a steamboat. Then your not going to play in this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Wanyama did great as a makeshift centre back but if Toby is out for any length of time we're fairly screwed. Wimmer looked very shaky, not easy for him with lack of games but he looks a shadow of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Huge point, we have two winnable games coming up while after tomorrow Chelsea have pool and Arse

Silva and Co had it far to easy.

They just collected the ball from defense and split us open at will.

Sterling and Aguero sgmhould have had two each. Same for zaballeta.

They were denied a stone wall penalty and had a goal disallowed.

Aside from Walkers push on sterling, on another day they could had 1 or two penalties.

On the plus side we scored 2 excellent goals and showed great character.

Prey to God Alderweireld isn't out for long because there'll be no title challenge with Wimmer and Dier at the back.

Danny Roses tackle was simply amazing. Up there with some of the things Ledley once did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

said to me brother today when we were 2-0 down that champions scrape points from games like this... brilliant point all things considered. Wanyama was immense. Wimmer is not good enough and im surprised that Potch didnt drop Davis in there as he played as part of a back three for Wales in the Euros...
    Huge point
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Felt a little bad after the match, but here are a few comments I've read elsewhere that will make you feel better

We didn't play well but still had the mentality to come back and draw.

The Walker push makes up for the time Balotelli stamped on Scott Parkers head and should have seen red, then went on to score the winner later.

We ended the match with two midfielders playing centre half and still managed to come back and get two goals.

Walker went down with cramp at the end and Poch was urging Lloris to get the ball up field rather than hang onto it and see the game out.

Looked at a replay of the match last night and I have to say as much as I like us when we play back 3, we need Jan and Toby to be fit to play itas Dier and Wimmer are all over the place positionally.We cannot expect Toby to mark the main striker and keep Wimmer and Dier in check.We all have to revert to a back 4 imo until Jan is back otherwise I can see us shipping a lot of goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Best thing about the game last night was when a City fan in Cassidys went absolutely mental and jumped around the place after their goal, only to notice the offside and get super pissed when everyone in the bar broke their **** laughing at him. Made everyone's night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

After 50+ years of supporting Spurs, Waterford, Munster and Ireland across the spectrum of sports I can finally say I saw a game that the opposition was robbed. I was never so happy to get a point. Wimmer is no Vertongen and Eriksens recent good form went out the window with a really substandard effort.

That said, a weekend where we could have lost ground to all of the other top six ended up with us gaining one on Liverpool and maintaining the gap to the Manc clubs. We are now finished with City and Chelsea and only have Liverpool away and home games with Utd and Arsenal in the run in.

All the other top 6 play each other 4 times apart from Arsenal who have 5 left. City actually play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in consecutive games from the end of March. All in all we are sitting pretty in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Deise Vu wrote: »
    All the other top 6 play each other 4 times apart from Arsenal who have 5 left. City actually play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in consecutive games from the end of March. All in all we are sitting pretty in my opinion.

Damn, didnt realise they had to play each other that much. Didnt we go on a nice run of form after the teams trip to Barcelona last year? Hopefully the trip has the same effect this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Damn, didnt realise they had to play each other that much. Didnt we go on a nice run of form after the teams trip to Barcelona last year? Hopefully the trip has the same effect this time round.

The next 12 league matches include Liverpool away and home to Everton (currently 7th) and Stoke (9th), the other 9 matches are against teams currently in the bottom half of the table.

We have it wrapped up lads! :P

(Before getting 0/12 points in the last 4 games against Arsenal (H), West Ham (A), UTd (H) and Hull (A). No doubt Hull will need the points to stay up.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement