Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City v Tottenham BT - Saturday 5:30 KO

Options
  • 20-01-2017 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭

mcitot.jpg?w=620&h=280&crop=1

Key statistics

Manchester City have won five of their last six home Premier League games against Tottenham,
    though they did lose this fixture last season (1-2 in February).

Only Chelsea (7) have won more Premier League games away at the Etihad than Tottenham (6,
    level with Arsenal and Man Utd).

Spurs have won their last three Premier League games against Man City – they last won four in a
    row against them in May 2010.

Indeed, prior to that run of three straight defeats, the Citizens had won eight of the last nine
    against Spurs in the Premier League (L1), scoring 28 goals in the process.

After a run which saw them score 26 goals in seven Premier League games against Tottenham,
    Man City have scored just three in their last four against the north London side.

Christian Eriksen has scored on both of his previous visits to the Etihad in the Premier League.

Pep Guardiola has lost five league games this season - he's never lost more in a single campaign
    as a manager.

Tottenham have won their last six league games in a row – they’ve not won seven consecutively
    since May 1967.

The only player to record more Premier League assists this season than Christian Eriksen (8) is
    Kevin de Bruyne (9).

The last 10 Premier League goals scored by Tottenham players have been netted by Harry Kane
    or Dele Alli (five each).

Hugo Lloris has conceded 11 goals in three Premier League appearances at the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City have conceded 12 goals more than Spurs in the Premier League this season
    (26 v 14), despite allowing their opponents fewer shots (175 v 191).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anything less that a win here and i'll be disappointed. We've been playing extremely well, with our attack finally clicking, and their defence is weak at the moment. Go with the same formation we had against Chelsea, and keep them boxed in as much as possible.

It's away at the Etihad, so i'd also take a draw, but a win would really get the momentum going for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If City continue to set up like they have been, then we stand a good chance of a smash and grab. Dícking around the back with a bogey defence and a gash keeper, will play into our hands. Pressurize the fudge out of them, one mistake, and they'll shít themselves. So will the crowd.

Even as stubborn as pepsi is, I think he'll have to change it up. Pity about Vertonghen. Alderweireld will steer the ship.

There can be no argument, that the current formation is a joy to watch. Even Vertonghen was bombing forward against West Brom. So many options, instead of being stifled, and playing it from side to side.

In saying that City have plenty of talent going forward, Jesus lad will probably score a hat-trick.

But, I don't see us crumbling. Owen or Savage commentating fills me dread/nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Would expect them to come out fighting after being humiliated by Everton, but no amount of fight will make that defence a good unit, or make Bravo a good goalie. I'd expect us to score at least 2, just hope they don't score more. It's hard to know what to be happy with here. A draw away to City is a good result, but surely they're there for the taking. So lets take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

A win here would be huge for us...next two games very winnable.
    Snap your hand off for a draw now though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

2017 is the chineese year of the cockrel (rooster if ya want to be PC)

that means we are invincible:rolleyes:

the form we are in currently i cant see any team beating us, i think we will win saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

But they have been to 'La La Land' and have Jesus now..!!!!

They will be hurting big time after Everton....a draw would be ok... a win fab..

Gonna keep Delle my FF captain.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,157 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What a result from anfield!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Glebee

Liverpool beaten at home. What is a big game this evening has just become fcuking massive.....:eek:

Lloris (C), Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sissoko, Son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

prodsc wrote: »
    Lloris (C), Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sissoko, Son.

Great to see Poch has the confidence to stick with 3 at the back with Verts out. Wimmer did great last year as replacement, more of the same please. My prediction is 2-0 to us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bravo, Zabaleta (C), Otamendi, Kolarov. Clichy, Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane. Sterling, Aguero

City are going full out attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

First 20 minutes crucial.City you would expect to come out all guns blazing.if we can get an early goal or take the lead I would fancy us to win

First 20 minutes crucial.City you would expect to come out all guns blazing.if we can get an early goal or take the lead I would fancy us to win

Very nervy about this and 2 yellows for defenders by 13 mins.......

City well on top at the moment. Lucky not to be 1 down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Glebee

Not sure about this back three against the likes of city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

We will do well to get to half time level

Wimmer is having a ****ing mare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Spurs are very nervous. Playing with fear.

What the **** is the ref looking at? Definitely a yellow for city there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can't understand how we're not at least a goal down. Lots of bad performances, even Toby was giving the ball away

We were due a bad 45 mins.thankfully we are still level but we need to wake up in all areas.not one player can be happy with that half

Back to a 4-2-3-1 with Son on for Wimmer. Good choice imo, with Son giving us some pace up front.

**** sake Lloris. First mistake of the season. Christ that was awful.

That is beyond awful from Lloris.

Are you ****ing kidding me Lloris?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cited absolutely tearing us apart. Their midfield are just making a mockery of our defense

IS IT OVER YET????

Oh for **** sake.No ****ing less than we deserve

• Advertisement

Deli ****ing Alli!!

Advertisement