Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 4255

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

kay 9 wrote: »
    The Traitor, turned to the darkside but it ain't a bad place to be :D

That's 2 of ye now! . Scurrilous behavior from ye!
    I had a new holland and only kept it 6 months. Different folks different strokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I was also always taught to check for oil spitting from the dipstick with the engine running and warm. The dipstick on the NH is a snug fit and when i pulled it out there were definitely a few spits. Theres only 2600hrs on the clock, it starts first tip from cold and sounds sweet with no breathing or knocks or rattles. Would oil spits be normal for these engines? Sorry if this is a daft question
    Where did you source that with such low hrs? Should be immaculate
    Mine spits a bit but not much @ nearly 4k hrs now. I wouldn't compare them to the older masseys in that sense. We've a little te20 & 65mk2 here and they don't throw up any oil worth talking about. The iveco is a bomb proof engine though as well. Keep it serviced as should be etc.
    Don't forget to leave her idle for a few mins after use to let the turbo spool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

That's 2 of ye now! . Scurrilous behavior from ye!
    I had a new holland and only kept it 6 months. Different folks different strokes!

It's all massey and deere around these parts but I was always a strange and different creature :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1968massey135

kay 9 wrote: »
    I was also always taught to check for oil spitting from the dipstick with the engine running and warm. The dipstick on the NH is a snug fit and when i pulled it out there were definitely a few spits. Theres only 2600hrs on the clock, it starts first tip from cold and sounds sweet with no breathing or knocks or rattles. Would oil spits be normal for these engines? Sorry if this is a daft question
    Where did you source that with such low hrs? Should be immaculate
    Mine spits a bit but not much @ nearly 4k hrs now.  I wouldn't compare them to the older masseys in that sense. We've a little te20 & 65mk2 here and they don't throw up any oil worth talking about. The iveco is a bomb proof engine though as well. Keep it serviced as should be etc.
    Don't forget to leave her idle for a few mins after use to let the turbo spool down.
    Up here in Antrim, yeah its in great shape, the pedals are like new. Didn't know that about the turbo but good to know. Will get another drive on Friday and see how the bounce goes on the road:O

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

Just resurrecting this thread as I bought a 4255 lately privately (not from a dealer) and twas a clean 5000hour looking tractor but could be a bit of a money pit too. Didn't get much of a chance to inspect it thoroughly before buying it now seems that It won't go into L range. It's 12/12 manual shuttle, 4 gears on the lever with the plus and minus symbols on the gear lever. It's going into medium and high ranges OK.

There's a good bit of play in the gear linkage so I'm hoping if I replace the short link at the end of the gearstick it might take some of the play out of the linkage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement