Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

White car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I know white cars are a bit in fashion now (well more than they have been for decades anyway), but to me it just looks cheap. And not in a good way.

Vans are white
    Fridges are white

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Lantus wrote: »
    Financially fewer people are willing to fork out 600 to 1000k on a metallic colour that you only get to see for a few seconds as you open the door. No one is too bothered. As long as the thing goes and is reliable.
    That sounds ridiculous to me. If you are even slightly interested in cars you would hold value in how it looks when you walk up to it. Colour is a big factor in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

unkel wrote: »
    I know white cars are a bit in fashion now (well more than they have been for decades anyway), but to me it just looks cheap. And not in a good way.

Vans are white
    Fridges are white
    And Hearse are Black, Don't see anything cheap about white cars or any other colour car. Everyone to their own. Glacier White is metallic on the Audi Range and is €1400 extra over the solid colours of Black or White

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

unkel wrote: »

Vans are white
    Fridges are white

My fridge is silver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

JoeA3 wrote: »
    My fridge is silver :pac:
    Mine too - so that's one less clashing appliance to worry about. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

So is mine :pac:

One of my cars is silver and I'm buying another one today. Guess what colour? :p

(I'm not into cleaning cars :o)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I bought a VW Golf in White last week, she is a beauty. Normally im not one for a white car but the golf looks unreal. Bought car Wednesday and it was spotless, washed it on Sunday. Went to work monday and got covered in muck etc on the way so had to wash again yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Op I used to be the same as yourself. I hated white cars. I thought they looked cheap and tacky. I had often looked at the car, said nice car but pity about the colour. I swear I really didn't like white cars. White cars were company cars and vans.

Then I seen my car for sale.
    I really liked the look of it. It just caught my eye. I have to say I really did debate over it. What was wrong with me?! I don't like white cars! It's a white Renualt Clio but has a nice sporty look and chrome finish. Have had it a few months now and it's not as hard to keep clean as I thought. Now it does get dirty as soon as you leave the driveway or car wash but I've a husband who likes to clean cars!

It does depend on the finish of the paint and depends on the car itself. There are still white cars out there I don't like, I think they suit smaller cars than larger cars and I don't understand the point of a white jeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I personally love white cars. There are cars that suits it, and there are cars that doesn't. Same way any other colour can do to any car.

Back in the day white colour cars had a stigma of being bog spec and tight ass buyers from new.
    These days there are still some dinosaurs who will think that, but in reality a lot of manufacturers decided to make white colour optional, because it became so popular.

If I would have gone ibiza cupra after all, I would have gotten it in white or black.

Advertisement