Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Android Box

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I like the look of this one. Was the one you received still running Android 5.1? Can it receive OTA updates?

Yes it has 5.1 and I think theres updates, this link has a load of information

https://forums.matricom.net/viewforum.php?f=54&sid=e56a734b62061f47d5218ed786274de7

I didnt mess around too much, just reinstalled Kodi and put my own addons on it, its so good I dont want brick it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Did you buy from the EU warehouse or China?

Assume you mean 21 each, judging by the price it is now haha

I used the China warehouse, hence my surprise on how soon it arrived. Yep, 21 each. Its under the threshold for which customs will be charged so no need for EU warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

jeffk wrote: »
    Yes it has 5.1 and I think theres updates, this link has a load of information

https://forums.matricom.net/viewforum.php?f=54&sid=e56a734b62061f47d5218ed786274de7

I didnt mess around too much, just reinstalled Kodi and put my own addons on it, its so good I dont want brick it etc

Hi.

Does it have the same remote thats pictured in the eBay link you posted or the same as the remote in this link and is it a UK plug ?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q-BOX-Amlogic-S905-4K-KODI-TV-Box-2G-16G-2-4G-5G-WIFI-1000M-LAN-Bluetooth4-0-KODI-Dolby-364735.html

I might give it a lash .

Thanks.

Does it have the same remote thats pictured in the eBay link you posted or the same as the remote in this link and is it a UK plug ?

It's the remote with blue buttons, actually a great remote, much better than the usual remote.

Yes a Uk plug.

I recommended the seller as I was got them off a Facebook group and it's verified as a genuine box

It's the remote with blue buttons, actually a great remote, much better than the usual remote.

Yes a Uk plug.

I recommended the seller as I was got them off a Facebook group and it's verified as a genuine box

I know F all about these ,but I have messed around a bit with CS sat boxes in the past , so I might as well start trying to step into the Android era :p

• Advertisement

I know F all about these ,but I have messed around a bit with CS sat boxes in the past , so I might as well start trying to step into the Android era

You might as well, the thing I like best about android is if services etc change, just uninstall dead one and install new

You might as well, the thing I like best about android is if services etc change, just uninstall dead one and install new

I just ordered one. Thanks.

I just ordered one. Thanks.

Hopefully goes ok, but if you get stuck, PM me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Closing this thread as this turned out not to be a bargain. Lots of discussions on these boxes over at the Android forum if you want to carry on the discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement